It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhode Island Members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i googled roslin house scituate r.i. and got quite a bit. evidently moving to olneyville, and the dyer pocasset area too. have you ever been to fort wetherill in newport? very very cool civil war historical place.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
www.projo.com... this is a little more interesting

I saw that one, that's where i posted the quote from.

I found one pic, but it doesnt look like it.

But i think we are on to something

I would LOVE to go back
any takers LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i will definetly let you know if i come up to visit my dad in the spring. im outside philly, about a 4.5 hour ride but not bad. ive made the trip quite a few times. would love to scope that place out, maybe we can find out what happened with the property, and what the army trucks were there for.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder about fort wetherill. My wife is really into the civil war for some reason.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Look at this
listserv.uri.edu...

also did a mapquest on road, and that's it....

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
lotsa cool civil war era stuff around newport to see. pretty intersting stuff about re-wilding the farmhouses and property. wonder why it didnt make it onto the historic society? lots of places around rhody were brought back from the dead and very bleak condition in the name of history. wonder if it was chemicals or something from the textile mills. people werent too smart back then, i could see them dumping lye and acid on their own property

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I am from Northern RI, and unfortunately other than what I would consider a sighting when I was very young, there isn't much going on around here.

There was Fingernail Freddy from Woonsocket a long looong time ago.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

im old enuff, i was just getting released fom the training school for being a bad boy when he was coming in. i was also at the school " moto-ring " in pawtucket that robert jewett ran from to murder the girl. those stories really stuck in my mind even after i left the state about 10 years ago. have you seen any fema trailers at the r.i. or warwick mall? lincoln mall? any fema det centers an the knigston sea-bee base? i remember sneaking around there when i was younger too.i kinda miss it there. had alot of friends, and there are so many cool things to do. think it may almost be time for a visit to dad!

On the FEMA note... I have been seeing these ALOT lately being put up, and they are not red light cameras, probably nothing but figured i would get your opinions...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
crime cameras? lots of em going up in larger cities everywhere. what street is that? and youre right. defin not red light cameras

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

crime cameras? lots of em going up in larger cities everywhere. what street is that? and youre right. defin not red light cameras

That is coming off Rt 10 north onto the cranston street exit....

Crime cameras? never heard of em

That spot has really nothing their crimewise... just a couple industrial bldgs and a highway on and offramp

[edit on 6-3-2009 by mrm143]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
just a little big brother. google em, lots of major cities have been installing them. sometimes theyre traffic cameras. we have a few on 95 thru the city you can view online to check traffic. if there has been alot of crime, or accidents there that may explain it. or if there is an important building nearby, like a government office, or courthouse. trying to think of where it is. near roger williams park, or nearer to elmwood ave?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mrm143

I know where you are talking about . i have been there, and recently today went to look how to get in but cant remmeber , hopefully you can help me locate the entrance

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join