It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird structure in Mongolia w strange light beam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Found this on Google Earth. Building appears to have some sort of light coming from a circular area on the side of the building. The light could be shining on the building from across the street there but it looks strange nonetheless.

The coordinates are:

49°38'11.84"N
100°10'8.13"E

[edit on 3-3-2009 by biscuit092]

[edit on 3-3-2009 by biscuit092]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
weeeird if i let my imaginination run with it, it almost looks like a saucer shaped ufo shooting out a beam of light... where is this location at? I know Mongolia but anything special about it? Military?

the name of the town is "Moron" lol...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have no idea; I was checking out this youtube link in Earth and just decided to search around myself a bit.

www.youtube.com...

Very strange though. You can also see a small building to the east giving off the same kind of light. Possibly an image malfunction? The light looks very pixelated.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Could it be just a dome reflecting sunlight?
my 2 cents anyway...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Domes are a big part of Mongolian architecture, from yurts to monasteries.

The light "beam" is a digitial artifact called blooming.
Blooming

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I see what you're saying Phage, it's just that the point where the beam hits the structure has a clear circular pattern on the dome. Also, would blooming happen with a multi-million dollar imaging satellite?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Man that is weird looking isn't it.
No wonder its north of the town of Moron

It looks to be a tear in the picture most likely.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
Could it be just a dome reflecting sunlight?
my 2 cents anyway...

Here's another two by me......... (cents)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
That's the top of a temple reflecting sunlight. The cone shape is an anomaly because of the brightness.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
most possibly blooming as dear phage suggested...
Notice the spot on the dome matches correctly the shadow cast by the dome itself
also the other thing lower in the picture reflected light too, thus creating this band-streak of light-connecting those two bright spots.

I guess under the correct circumstances even the most expensive sattelite blooms over..... we are seeing enough lately so to say(metaphor)

By the way, we live through much more amazing coincidences for this to even remotely be thought as hard to happen. After all sattelites are just another piece of technology that after little time is largelly outdated......

that was the rest of my wallet there......
(the ace is in my sleeve so no worries)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments guys, interesting nonetheless

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The blocky "streaming" part appears to be a part of the map that wasn't scanned to complete the image.

The glare at center is, no doubt, a reflection of the Sun on a dome, or of the Moon if it were taken near dusk.

Here's a much less stark photo of Moron, Mongolia from the air with the dome circled:

And the Google Earth image oriented to approximate the above photo:

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Tuning Spork]

new topics

top topics

join