It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first thread, another gun thread with a twist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hello, everyone this is my first thread I decided to start it here for all the survival people. It is a video I took on New Years morning. The point is those of you who think you have enough guns, and ammo, and those who are on the fence about getting a gun this will probably open your eyes. All that noise on the video is not wind, or me tapping the microphone it is gunfire. Even tracer rounds being fired over the Police station. All different calibres, and sizes, my battery ran out or I would have kept taping. I imagine there are some legal guns mixed in with that gunfire, but a lot isn't. I dont want to start a debate about that. Just trying to let people get an idea of how many guns are lurking out there, and the need to have protection. The tracers are there but you cant see them that good on the google video. Dont mind the commentary by my co-workers, we always try to make jokes. (Warning small amount of cursing)

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I dont know why its not showing up, Here is the whole URL...
video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Where was this at?
I feel thet too many people are relying on their guns.
If tshtf. And every one is shooting guns. That means that the people who have studied the more stealthy ways of fighting(like "old school" martial arts). Will have the advantage.
I will know where you are. Simply by hearing.
You will never know that I am there.
Untill its to late.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sorry, thats the parking lot of a Police Station in Detroit. Yes you could probably sit back and wait for everyone to burn up all their ammo. Also drunkenly firing your gun in the air on New Years Eve does not constitute any kind of training or practice. Whether people want to admit it or not guns play a big role in the city but with a little training, practice, knowledge, preparation and common sense you can be better prepared than 95% of the people out there.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by shtf1]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Keep an eye on this bill..if it goes through you might find you cant own one.

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So its new years eve and at midnight the drunk people go outside and start shooting of their guns???? Sounds safe...
Jk we do the same thing...

As sad as it is when SHTF anyone who owns a weopon and has plunty of ammo is going to be in a much better position than the person/people that do not. We're talking about mass histaria here. Do you for some reason think that a starving person is going to think rationally? They are going to do whatever is neccissary to keep themselfs and their families alive. A sad sad truth.

I read all these people say head for the hills, um I leave in the hills, and I can only provide so much. I will, if neccisary, defend myself from anyone who is irrational, or is threatening my family/excistance in any way... Call me crazy, but I like living.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by only onus
Where was this at?
I feel thet too many people are relying on their guns.
If tshtf. And every one is shooting guns. That means that the people who have studied the more stealthy ways of fighting(like "old school" martial arts). Will have the advantage.
I will know where you are. Simply by hearing.
You will never know that I am there.
Untill its to late.

Also agree with that...you cant shoot what you cant see. Stay low profile, learn what cover and concealment means, use darkness for cover etc......

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That's crazy.. Detroit is crazy! Man I never knew Detroit was that crazy!

That is a lot of gun shooting! I would bet the police were in fear of their lives that night.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I couldn't help but think that that is what it will sound like if they ever try to come take our guns away. Times 10.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
Keep an eye on this bill..if it goes through you might find you cant own one.

www.govtrack.us...

Would that bill violate the resolutions that the some states are passing stating that if any type of restriction or ban on weopons basically cancels out the constitution? (I think I have that right)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
New Year's Day?

Early hours?

Were some of these "guns" actually fireworks?

top topics

join