It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan prepares for first use of 'Son of Star Wars' missile defence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Japan is preparing to deploy a controversial missile defence system against an imminent North Korean rocket launch, in what could be the first use of the so-called “Son of Star Wars” system to knock out an intercontinental ballistic missile.

Link to news

Could this be the breaking point for North Korea/US relations?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by s4dreamlnd93

If Nth Korea fires one of these rockets, Japan and/or the US has to be seen to be taking decisive action against it. The rhetoric and saber rattling has to transfer into action otherwise they will both look foolish. I doubt the US and Japan want that so I think it would be incredibly stupid of Nth Korea to launch the missile.

Nth Korea have to be taken out at some point soon or the act of using a potential invasion of Sth Korea as a bargaining chip will become a reality. It's already overdue IMHO. We should have taken them out instead of going into the middle east.

IRM

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Do you honestly believe that the Obama administration will do anything other than say "You bad boy don't do that again"?

I wish we would and could do more but I fear that we are entering an era of protectionism. We are far to tied up everywhere else and NK knows this. If China ever reaches Naval parity with us we are screwed in that region. We already do not have the ground troops to hold NK off for long as it is on the Korean peninsula.

As you said we should have worked on this problem instead of Iraq.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by s4dreamlnd93
reply to post by InfaRedMan

As you said we should have worked on this problem instead of Iraq.

And North Korea would have been the new Iraq. Either way the world would still have hated you.

top topics

join