It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen attack Sri Lanka cricketers in Lahore, Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Don't worry you junkies.
Hussein will provide the poppy

Just watch!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
they took the police out pretty quick and easy but only managed to hit a couple in the bus.
makes me think they didn't want to kill anyone on the team.

why? a show of power?

by who? idk

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Sooner or later people will forget this story and then in that waiting period of the next terror attack people will have to convince ATS members again and society alike that Extreame Islam exists due to their ideolgy taken from the texts of their Qur'an whilest people will still be here arguing it has nothing to do with it.

We still do not know who these attacks were by so lets just wait till they know for now.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Yeah, we must wait for SOMEONE to tell us.

I think we know, just dare not say...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Radical Islam is to blame for the attacks. Plain and simple. Those pointing the fingers at other people/nations need to take a reality check and stop trying to connect dots that simply don't exist.

IRM

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
This is the same stuff that was seen in Mumbai.

The CIA/Mossad most likely behind it...again...

aye, attacking the Sri Lankan cricket team would be way up the list of such subterfuge and covert bad ops

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It is being reported that the gunmen seemed well trained and well equipped. Many groups are being mentioned as being responsible.
The "Sun" newspaper in the UK today says they were Al Quaeda and were trained in pakistan/afghanistan. How they know this within less than 24 hours is beyond me, considering they all escaped.

So we are led to believe that .......
12/14 well trained/equipped terrorists attack the Sri Lankan Cricket team and kill 6 policemen in a 15 minute battle where rockets are fired and grenades thrown.

My querys so far are .......
Not one Cricketer dead????
How the hell does a well trained terrorist miss a 60 seater luxury coach in a confined street with a rocket???? (But they can fly a jumbo jet into a building at 600mph with a weeks training in a cessna)
And they ALL escaped????
A miracle

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver TrowelHow the hell does a well trained terrorist miss a 60 seater luxury coach in a confined street with a rocket???? (But they can fly a jumbo jet into a building at 600mph with a weeks training in a cessna)

I don't think the terrorist that flew the jumbo jet into the building is the same one firing the rocket

Who knows, well trained US soldiers make screw ups all the time

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Also, if you are looking for a conspiracy, leave aside the traditional "white" boyeman in the US- consider this, the Pakistan team had travelled in convoy with the Sri Lankans the previous two days, but had a seven minute delay on the fateful day.........

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Not only that, but according to Chris Broad and Simon Taufel the security "just disappeared" as soon as the shooting started - of course this could be due to the fact that the sri lankan team bus was able to escape the area.

However, Muttiah Muralitharan had this to say:

"The security was not good enough, and we were sitting ducks because of that," he said.

"The security people we had didn't even seem to fight back. Were they professionals with enough training? They didn't seem to know what to do. I was surprised the terrorists were able to just reload the magazines and keep firing, and they never got caught. It was shameful."

source

Crack troops protecting the team?

Apparently not.

Then there is the convoy question - this happened on the ONE DAY that the pakistan team didn't travel in convoy with the others.

Coincidence?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The guy who cracked me uo was the Security Officer who lay on the floor and pretended to be dead then jumped up and started celebrating when it was all over.

Now i'm absolutely certain it was a scary situation but wasn't he supposed to try and protect everyone, not play dead?

And they were professional securty officers trained to fight back etc?

Hardly what I would call 'adequate security measures'.

<< 1   >>

join