It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever accidentally done / said something really inconsiderate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You know, those awkward lines in conversation that could mean something really offensive or touchy to the other person.

I.E talking to someone with a mental disability and you say something like 'Oh, that's retarded'.

I just did a doozy, entirely by accident.

I was sitting here, and had just put new strings on my beast of an electric guitar.

For a warm up, I chucked on the drum beat and played Highway to Hell.

I then heard a heap of commotion outside, and went out to see a 4WD and Ambulance there. The neighbour had just passed away.

Highway to hell probably wasn't the greatest thing I could've been playing at the time.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
only all the time

Although my comments usually air on the side of inappropriate than inconsiderate. Once in my local, the girl behind the bar budged me out the way, and my mate said "that's nice" and she said "aah it don't matter, he's part of the furnature." So i turned round and said "well sit on my face then"

It's not just comments either, I do some incredibly random stuff sometimes. I once threw a basket ball (slightly flat) at my boss face when he had a broken nose. He didn't even see it coming. I couldn't stop laughing or a good 10 minutes, proper pointing and laughing. He went bright red and shook, I thought he was gonna kick the # out of me

And asking women when their babies are due, only for them to turn round and tell you that they've had it. That's a bit of a clanger.

ps, sorry for the loss of your neighbour.

edit to take out insensitive remark

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is one occasion that comes to mind... I was working as a busser/dishwasher and part of the duties was to greet people at the doors. If there is smallish children I was intstructed to ask if they needed a booster chair. Well this one time I asked and the kid said I am not a baby. It ended up being a youngish midget. That was terribly embarassing.

Oh another one... at the same job. A woman came in with a seeing eye dog and I said, I don't if you can come in here with your dog. I must not have realised that she was blind at the time or whatever.

oh I got another. Has to do with a job. I was working temp. and they sent me back to do the lame work. Counting small pieces and weighing them. Well I lost my cool, and said kind of loud and rather egotistically. ( I was having a hard time at the time). That's work for retards. Not knowing that retarded people work there.

Humble pie... gotta love it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Oh, Dwarfs. Yes.......

i was in a pub (supprise supprise) a few years ago, telling a joke about the 7 dwarves. I turn around and there's a family of unhappy dwarfs right behind me

new topics

top topics

join