It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Econopocalypse: NY Times' Cover Shows How Bad It Is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting ... and is a crazy cover ... foreshadowing of what's to come to the U.S.?

I looked at the front page of the paper this morning and wondered for a moment if I was looking at one of those historical documents about which scholars would wonder if those who read it in real time had a clue about the scale of what was happening:

There's a run on the banks in Ukraine, the world's biggest insurer suffered the highest quarterly losses in corporate history, Europe is starting to come apart --- with Germany being the lead player. Major change seems to be rumbling in a bunch of different ways right now --- with echoes of the past overlaid with things we've never seen before. Maybe it's just a blip. But maybe not.

Full Article Here

thoughts about the picture? pretty crazy imo

Larger Picture Here

[edit on 2-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure why, but this reminded me of a website somebody started.
sadguysontradingfloors.tumblr.com...

My colleges and I noticed that the mainstream news seemed to have something for frustrated looking traders. Every day it seemed like they were putting a picture of someone up with their face in their hands and a headline like "DOW Drops 200 Points".

I was pleased to see others also noticed this.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That is crazy.

I was watching Beck today and he had this guy on that wrote a book, anyway the guy was saying how globalization is falling apart.

Which is a good thing in the fact that the NWO is taking major hits right now, it is a bad thing because like the excerpt of the article said, it is the past overlaid with things that we haven't ever seen before.

All I know is that we indeed live in interesting times. I don't think there is anybody on earth that can tell you what is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

ya know baseball 101.... everytime I look at your avatar, I'm suddenly at peace with what I have.

The life of luxury I no longer have, but once did... Looking at your avatar... It's all good.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

and stuff

top topics

join