It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of Texas man who died after being shocked 18 times with stun gun awarded $3 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Mother of Texas man who died after being shocked 18 times with stun gun awarded $3 million

www.whnt.com

HOUSTON (AP) — A jury in Texas has awarded $3 million to the mother of a mentally ill man who died after he was shocked 18 times with a stun gun and hogtied during an arrest.

Shirley Nagel sued four deputies from the Precinct One Constable's Office after they detained her son, Joel Don Casey, in 2005. Casey's death was later ruled a homicide.

Jurors on Monday found three of the four deputies used unreasonable and excessive force.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What the?

EIGHTEEN TIMES?

Even in the plethora of brutality cases and clips we've seen over the past year or so, I can't even begin to FATHOM how they could continously ELECTROCUTE a human being a dozen and a half times. That sounds along the lines of a gitmo torture routine.

I'm glad the jury saw how sickening this was, but it's too bad that this type of garbage ever was allowed to happen in the first place, with the taser-happy brigade, and that a man was electrocuted to death. This is one incident in a MUCH larger problem with these devices being used much too frequently IMO.

Stunning...

www.whnt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-3-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

MBF

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Assistant Harris County Attorney Frank Sanders says the deputies were not trying to hurt Casey or violate his constitutional rights. The county plans to appeal.

Well, I guess that Mr. Casey might have something to say about that...if he could. I hope they put those cops UNDER the jail. That's not near enough money in my opinion. There are too many cops that are out of control.

join