It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama parties while America Burns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nice with the Gallup poll!

If ATS is an kind of indicator to the mind of Americans, I am very pleased that ATSers are finally seeing what this man is about. I remember during the election there was alot of pro obama going on and I was disappointed with the ATS community.

Now ATSers are doing what they do best... getting down to the nitty gritty and calling out the hypocrites.

Funny someone mentioned inviting Russia to the next party because all this "entertaining" remainds of nothing but Russia during the time of the Zcars. Super rich at the ball while the rest of the country starves.

Will history repeat itself? I really hope not... but... I hope it will.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

Actually that term has been used in literature for years. It is an old fashioned, but valid term.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Again, if Obama didn't do anything, didn't invite anybody to the white house, he would of been accussed of being anti-social and elitist.

And who says they are even paying for this stuff? I think most bands probably play at the white house for free, the only thing covered is food.

And if the chefs are on salary, it doesn't matter if they cook or not.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It seems to me that it is a high honor to even be invited to the White House.

Hell, even if the devil himself invited me (dick cheney) I would have to put a suit on and go.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't let him know how I feel, but going to the White House is something you tell your grandchildren about. The bands playing there certainly are NOT paid for their performance.

I would be more afraid that I would run my mouth and then I'd be poisoned at dinner. Or that if I slept over, that I wouldn't wake up.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A few points people seemed to have glazed over in the article:

It says Obama presented Stevie Wonder with an award. It never said Wonder received payment for being presented an award. Is there any proof that he charged the Whitehouse?

Sweet Honey Rock? Does anyone know who they are? Does anyone think they cost an arm and a leg? It was a concert for 200 6th and 7th graders…c’mon….straws anyone?

“Cocktails were sipped” Are you kidding me? You’re up in arms about something that most likely cost the Whitehouse almost nothing to acquire?

What’s wrong with a Superbowl/dinner in order to stimulate cooperation between both parties? Should Obama have done a picnic with Lunchables instead?

There are plenty of things to be upset with about the current state of affairs in America. But this, really, is one of them to you? The article even has a hard time making it sound extravagant and does a better job of showing how Obama is good at making friends and reaching out to opponents...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
[edit on 3-3-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

There are plenty of things to be upset with about the current state of affairs in America. But this, really, is one of them to you?

But this, really, is one of them to you?

Yes! don't ruin it for us.

[edit on 123131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 3-3-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
By the way, the President already receives large sums of money for just this sort of thing.
This isn't out of the ordinary.

I just like the idea that Obama is declaring the White House "open"...
I do plan on writing him asking if he'll have me over for dinner. Hell, I'll even play guitar for him.

The President receives 1,000 dollars a week for food preparation alone. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The evil Bush regime is kapoot

Time to enjoy the bashing of the new one.

However,I will try and find something good to say about Obama.

When he earns it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Hell, I'll even play guitar for him.

Good, post it on youtube.

[edit on 123131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'll bet they wouldn't allow me to take my camcorder in with me.

But hey, I'll try.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

The evil Bush regime is kapoot

Time to enjoy the bashing of the new one.

However,I will try and find something good to say about Obama.

When he earns it.

Then why blame obama for paying bush administration "mistakes"

[edit on 3-3-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Maybe because he isn't doing anything to fix them?!
He is moving in lock-step with the wrongheaded policies initiated by the "evil" Bush regime.

Keep one thing in mind, though. There is a strategy that they are employing here. I just haven't figured it out yet...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Bush spent the first 100 days of his office on Vacation. After his term was over they had calculated that Bush spent 1/3 of his time in office on some form of retreat. All while the country was falling apart around him. Obama is doing nothing different. And it isn't ok, this isn't justifiable. It's NEVER justifiable. We pay taxes to keep prudent, professional people working for our interests. I recognize that this occasionally means having to "Entertain", but there's a big difference between entertaining dignitaries from around the world and politicians here at home and having Stevie Wonder over for a party.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Perhaps if people spent more time focusing on the issues instead of nitpicking about anything they can get their hands on to try and debase and berate our new President, our country would be a different place. But alas, never to be. Not your party? Then it's apparently your moral obligation to find anything and anything you can dig your claws into, and ride it for all it's worth.

Presidents have always socialized, entertained, given awards, and so on. It's part of the job. Even amid all the crises, life goes on. Blowing stuff out of proportion to try and prove that the new President is a hack just makes me shake my head in wonder.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Seriously people, this isn't that big of a deal.

There are legitimate complaints about how Obama is handling his job, but this isn't one of them. At least not in my book.

Wednesday nights?
I mean, what else will he be doing on Wednesday night if there isn't some sort of emergency? And don't tell me that this economic crisis is something that should occupy ALL of the President's time. He has economic advisors who are paid very well to stay on top of this.

I think this may actually be a good thing. I would love to see the average Joe let into the White House more often. As he said, it is paid for with OUR money. At least some folks are getting SOMETHING with their tax-money.

One of the President's responsibilities is to bridge the divide in trust created by Bush. This is one way to go about it.
I'm serious here folks, I think that when I write him about it, he may just invite me over. I would be thrilled.
I'll keep people posted how it turns out.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Even amid all the crises, life goes on.

True, for the elite, and those that excuse themselves from "sacrifice". "Do what I say, not what I do" Barry Obama, last week

What the heck, when citizens of the Soviet Union were near starvation, Stalin was still eating cavier. Nothing changes.

However, just to show that I have no ill will towards Barry, let's play his anthem:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by fleabit

Even amid all the crises, life goes on.

True, for the elite, and those that excuse themselves from "sacrifice". "Do what I say, not what I do" Barry Obama, last week

What the heck, when citizens of the Soviet Union were near starvation, Stalin was still eating cavier. Nothing changes.

However, just to show that I have no ill will towards Barry, let's play his anthem:

But people are not starving. At least, not any more than a year or 5 years ago. Comparing Obama to Stalin is ludicrous. People in our country have no idea how good they have it.

Stalin? Yea.. the guy who in his writings, suggested that woman and children work only 6 days a week, 12 hours a day, to increase productivity. Yea.. just like Obama. Or maybe not.

So again, ridiculous reaches and laughable comparisons to make your party point. Yea.. I get it. It just saddens me.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Can you just imagine the crap storm that would ensue if a Republican was doing this (not implying that they don't). The abuses of power and the depth of lies and corruption of this criminal regime are the worst the coutry has ever seen and we still have 46 months until we are rid of them. God help us!

This really illustrates they hipocrisy of the leftist media.

This is honestly a laughable comment considering the previous administration. Apparently you need to have your memory checked.

Originally posted by Dbriefed
So nice for politicians to go cruising about in their government planes, helicopters, and limos. Then criticize corporate execs for doing the same. Reeks of royalty.

This is an invalid comparison. Congressmen may be able to get by driving their car around, but I don't want the President of the US getting into his family car and cruising down the road. He's the most powerful man in the world, who has enemies by default, and arguing that he shouldn't be able to fly or take his bullet proof limo is asinine.

Originally posted by Sheeper
reply to post by mental modulator

They attack republicans for ear marks and then turn around and fill the stimulus bill full of the stuff. Oh senator Palin, how dare you buy you and your family expensive clothes.....oh btw did you see how stunning Michelle was with that $20,000 dress, absolutely fabulous.

The stimulus bill is not full of earmarks, the general spending bill is. Also, most (don't know about all) of Michelle Obama's clothes were donated by the designer. Palin used campaign funds to buy her and her family clothes.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Some tax payers have had enough. They are cutting back on their income making so that they can cut back on their tax payimg.

Those taxpayers need to learn what a marginal tax rate is then.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1 - You are seriously complaining about Republicans 'overspending'?
That's funny.

Obama still has another 4 trillion to add onto the debt before he manages to surpass Bush. To bad the "conservatives" weren't more conservative these past few years, and maybe we would have more wiggle room currently. Keynesian economic theory needs the government to spend during down turns, but it also requires the government to save during booms. The last 8 years have been a huge boom, and yet the debt managed to double in that time.

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
He can invite the Russians, who just shot down his letter asking for help with Iran in exchange for the US giving up the missile defense syste,

It sounds like you don't like him abandoning the missile defense system, although I'm not sure from this post. Regardless, the system should be abandoned. After years of development, the thing was just recently able to shoot down a satellite with a known trajectory, which is pretty pathetic. Trying to apply such a system to prevent a large long range missile assault is infeasible at this time. This is one part of the budget that could be cut, but Americans in general frown on defense cuts of any type.

However, on a more general note, I approve of what Obama is doing, excluding the economy. When it comes to the economy, I know that I don't know the full extent of things to pass judgment on their actions. We are facing the potential default of many eastern European countries, which would drag the West down with them. Our politicians sitting on their hands and waiting for the world to end doesn't seem like a good option to me though.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Can you just imagine the crap storm that would ensue if a Republican was doing this (not implying that they don't). The abuses of power and the depth of lies and corruption of this criminal regime are the worst the coutry has ever seen and we still have 46 months until we are rid of them. God help us!

This really illustrates they hipocrisy of the leftist media.

I believe that the Obama's will continue to entertain and not remain isolated as they attempt to bring the two parties and the country together. All Presidents are expected to do such things and all do, more or less.

The bailouts are a result of many policies from many administrations.

This Administration has not been in power long enough to the point of holding any sort of abuse and prevarication records. The Bush-Cheney Administration certainly holds the record, even surpassing Nixon, and probably will keep it for a long time. Just to begin to approach the Bush-Cheney abomination, Obama-Cheney will have to help big oil bilk the public while personally profiting, start a pointless war that costs 5,000 American lives and 50,000 wounded, stand by while the economy collapses, and then hand off their mess to the next President. This will be difficult to equal, much less surpass, and I would expect it would take yet another Bush to do it. Deluded Daddy Bush keeps saying that Jeb "would make a great President" but then he thought Senile Ronnie was a "great President." Let's hope that we are done with shrubbery for the next few hundred years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join