It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluorescence Mystery in Red Rain Cells of Kerala, India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Fluorescence Mystery in Red Rain Cells of Kerala, India

www.earthfiles.com

“ ...Organisms replicating at 300 degrees Celsius
and showing this kind of autofluorescence are currently
unknown to exist on earth, which is again an indication supporting
the view that these cells are possibly extraterrestrial.”
- Godfrey Louis, Ph.D., Physics, Cochin University, Kerala, India
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have a theory about these cells that may seem a bit out there, so bare with me.
The fact that they thrive at such high temperatures and pressures suggests to me that these are life forms that were sent to begin life anew following a mass extinction. The earth may go through so many changes i.e. pole shift, super volcanic eruption, comet/asteroid, or nuclear war, that only such life could survive to begin again.
I would love to hear other theories any of you may have.

www.earthfiles.com

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
The earth may go through so many changes i.e. pole shift, super volcanic eruption, comet/asteroid, or nuclear war, that only such life could survive to begin again.

Life would survive anyway in all of the cases you mention above. Life is found everywhere, even many miles underground, where it is protected from even the harshest environments.

It's funny how the cells in question look amazingly like red blood cells. I have to be honest, I smell a rat here!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Really? Even 500 degrees F? I am not aware of any red blood or white blood cells that could survive and that appear to have no DNA. These cells do not behave as any other known to man.
I do agree that there will all types of things that could survive underground, but not in a 500 degree climate and extreme pressures. This type of environment reminds me of early earth, which happened to be too violent for any type of life except cellular life forms that could with stand no atmosphere, extreme heat and toxic air.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have a theory about these cells that may seem a bit out there, so bare with me.
The fact that they thrive at such high temperatures and pressures suggests to me that these are life forms that were sent to begin life anew following a mass extinction.

Why do humans read so much into stuff?

Look... NOTHING has a purpose... it just is.....

If these are extra terrestrial, then they just are.... there is no great intelligence manipulating life... anywhere....

That is what is so beautiful about life... it's COMPLETELY random, but gives rise to order...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm no expert on blood or cellular biology but don't red blood cells have a donut like shape which characterizes them?
I don't think these are seeds of life being planted here, I mean, wierder things have fallen from the sky.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
I don't think these are seeds of life being planted here, I mean, wierder things have fallen from the sky.

Ya like bags of cement falling from the sky.. HAHA!!

In Russia, sometimes it rains cement

Originally posted by DocMoreau

In Russia, sometimes it rains cement

www.reuters.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian air force planes dropped a 25-kg (55-lb) sack of cement on a suburban Moscow home last week while seeding clouds to prevent rain from spoiling a holiday, Russian media said on Tuesday.

"A pack of cement used in creating ... good weather in the capital region ... failed to pulverize completely at high altitude and fell on the roof of a house, making a hole about 80-100 cm (2.5-3 ft)," police in Naro-Fominsk told agency RIA-Novosti.

Ahead of major public holidays the Russian Air Force often dispatches up to 12 cargo planes carrying loads of silver iodide, liquid nitrogen and cement powder to seed clouds above Moscow and empty the skies of moisture.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yeah, there's a book I have that has a whole chapter devoted to strange things falling from the sky.
From frogs to human pieces. Aligators to hot iron and nails.

All kinds of wierd things have fallen from the skys over the years.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
All of these things that you all are mentioning are of this earth, no doubt about it. These do not follow earth biology, in order for all cells to replicate, they must contain DNA. These do not. They appear to be cells that could become anything, even more so than stem cells, which contain DNA. Even the cell walls were too rigid to penetrate properly. I have to say that in my opinion, these are the strangest yet to fall from the sky.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Learn to biology

Red blood cells don't have any organelles or nuclei. They don't contain DNA and can't preform RNA synthesis. They don't divide because they are produced by the body, no need to divide.

General biology class ftw.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

"For Dr. Louis, this was replication, but in normal Earth biology, replication of cell life requires the presence of DNA. He and his colleagues had looked for DNA, but were puzzled when they could not find it."

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Really? Even 500 degrees F?

Yes... to organisms living deep within earth's crust, they would not even feel 500 F on the surface.

Scientists found a gold mine of bacteria almost two miles beneath the Earth’s surface.

The subterranean microorganisms, a division of Firmicutes bacteria, use radioactive uranium to convert water molecules into useable energy. Uranium is an element contained within the Earth’s crust and is an abundant source of energy.

Source

I am not aware of any red blood or white blood cells that could survive and that appear to have no DNA. These cells do not behave as any other known to man.

I said that the cells in the photos "looked like red blood cells". That's all.

I know the story. It's been around for a few years now. I'm just not sure that I believe it, since nothing has ever come of it, and no other scientists seem to have replicated the results, or even been given samples of these mysterious cells, and that makes me a bit suspicious of these claims.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaThat is what is so beautiful about life... it's COMPLETELY random, but gives rise to order...

There's no such thing as random. Everything is relative, what may seem as random in one perspective becomes order in another. Chaos or randomness doesn't give rise to order. We always had order since The Big Bang(if such event ever existed..). It was man who invented the concept of randomness to keep things that are beyond understanding.

Back to topic. No DNA, hmmm... 'Immortal Super Cells'?? Unless this cell has a mechanism like DNA, that is just as 'fragile', we could think the cells as such..

These might be the stuff The Gods are made of.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
would be nice if they said at what temp they die at or if they die at all in high temps, and does freezing temps kill them off as well? and could the high heat and high pressure just be conditions for a substance to form much like diamonds from coal?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I was wondering if it's at all possible these cells could have come from our own planet. Perhaps from the Asthenosphere or the Upper Mantle.

These locations would provide temperatures and pressures around that which these cells seem to thrive in. Materials from these areas are commonly ejected into the atmosphere by geysers and volcanic activity.

I'm just wondering if a geyser sprayed these cells out, and precipitation did the rest?

These "red rain" cells have come down in 2001, 2006, and 2007.
That kind of consistency persuades me to look for a more terrestrial cause...

And no, just because all life we have seen so far has DNA, doesn't mean DNA is a requirement for life. It just means that's all we've witnessed so far.

Though, this might not be considered life at all in the end. Some could argue the formation of many crystalline structures to be indicative of replication... and yet, we know crystals aren't lifeforms.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
That is a very good theory!!!!! That seems very plausible to me. Great thinking, just what I was looking for. Thanks for responding.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JustInCase101

They are also very tolerant to low temperatures as well. I think the johnsky may have something there. Coming from deep within the earth would explain their tolerance to high temperatures. I just wonder though why they don't behave like normal cells.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

"Immortal super cells' very interesting idea. Could be.
Thanks for responding!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Red blood cells DO have nuclei and all the other components normally found in cells. However, they expel their nucleic materials as they mature and are released into the bloodstream. The immature cells, called reticulocytes, are sometimes seen in the bloodstream in people with various disorders that force the body to prematurely release RBCs from the bonemarrow --- some anemias, for example. It's the expulsion of the nucleaic structures the gives the RBC the sunken, concave look.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaThat is what is so beautiful about life... it's COMPLETELY random, but gives rise to order...

There's no such thing as random. Everything is relative, what may seem as random in one perspective becomes order in another.

I have to agree with you whole heartedly there. Although, I don't usually start with that stance, it the most ultimate workable truth I have found...

Chaos or randomness doesn't give rise to order.

Actually, it does, via the process of Emergence.

We always had order since The Big Bang(if such event ever existed..). It was man who invented the concept of randomness to keep things that are beyond understanding.

Well, yes and no. You are right that we have created a term to describe that which we feel is beyond reasoning, but I don't understand what you mean about "keep things".

However, even with randomness being of a subjective nature, it is true with ALL things, yet we still have to be able to discuss things within a relative frame of reference.

Back to topic. No DNA, hmmm... 'Immortal Super Cells'?? Unless this cell has a mechanism like DNA, that is just as 'fragile', we could think the cells as such..

These might be the stuff The Gods are made of.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by ahnggk]

Perhaps...

top topics

join