It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The woman clothed with the sun is upon you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by ben91069

But the moon isn't under her feet in the picture, and where is the sun that is supposed to be wrapped round her?

It is figurative, and I cannot help you understand that part of it, but the part where she is clothed with the sun does not happen until that time and date. You have to run the software forward in time to get to that day and it is being told beforehand so you will know.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Thanks for the link.

Always learning.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Now for my input.

It has long been my belief that if you take all the religions and separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak, the truth can be found...

So looking at the development of this thread, the Jewish holiday of Purim, which is a floating holiday (next year it is Feb 27-28) coincides with this astrological event. Purim is described in the Book of Esther (the only book of the Bible in which God is not mentioned). The story of Purim is of the Jews escaping destruction from Haman, a vizier (aka a prime minister) of the king of Persia and his men by being allowed to fight back.

As for speculation, Iran is for the most part, Persia. Iran is now believed to have enough material to construct a nuclear weapon. Israel has stated time and time again that they will not allow Iran to become a nuclear power.

It has often been speculated that America is the whore of Babylon. If the US would not support Israel in a preventative first strike or retaliatory strike, then I think Israel would name the US as such.

Oddly enough 1260 days from Purim this year would be August 21, 2012. It is close to the 12-21-2012 date that so many are worked up about. But if you subtract 1260 days from then you end up with July 10, 2009...wonder what could happen then?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock2009
My god people, these are mythological symbols. They are made up. There just stars not images.
Have a good look at the sky, if you can make out any of them youll get browney points.
I'm into all this stuff but REALLY sometimes you guys get so far ahead of yourselves.
Be LOGICAL not MYTHOLOGICAL.

regards

Yes, be logical and realize that watching the stars is one of the oldest and foolproof methods of telling time. That it is an ancient calendar used to track time over extremely long periods of time, and the stories and images are just used to mark those different times.

Sorry, but you are the only one being mythological in this thread. You are the only one taking it to mean mythological things. I haven't seen anyone think or imply that they are looking at anything other than stars physically. They are just applying the descriptions with the current to get the meaning behind things.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
The woman clothed with the sun is upon you.

She must be pretty heavy because I have had some serious pressure around the shoulders and neck area.

Any idea when she might get off me?

- Lee

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Glad to read I'll have enough time to clean my house before March 10th arrival

Tarot deck ... virgo with sun in leo

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ok so saturn and the moon would line up, but what of the "crown of twelve stars" that is mentioned in your quote. I dont see those in the picture.....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have a question. Wouldn't it be better to use the actual stars involved with the constellations rather than the artwork representations that Stellarium uses?

Sextans is a relatively "new" constellation, introduced by Kepler in the 17th century (which makes it a little hard to reconcile with biblical stories). It consists of three main stars, all but one of them less than magnitude 5. Two of them do point to Virgo (they always do), but none of them point to either the Moon or Saturn at the date and time in question. Since Virgo's "head" lies near the ecliptic, Saturn and the Moon pass by it on a fairly regular basis.

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

(King James Bible, Revelation)

"When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Red Star Kachina, the destroyer will emerge, and the Fifth World will emerge" -hopi prophecies-

it seems to me that "nibiru, planet X, the "Great Kachina"", or what ever you want to call it is here, and there is unmistakable revalations from various unconnected peoples of the planet.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
People are taking the OP to literally. The bible is nothing but an astrological allegory. All of the religions are based on astrology in one way or another. So when they talk about the woman fully clothed they are not talking about an actual woman but an astrological date. Im not very smart when it comes to religion for I dont believe in a religion but I do know at least this much....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Okay, did I understand correctly that this alignment occurs every spring? So what is significant this time?
I'd say if there were a comet to depict the dragon then maybe there would be something here, but I don't think this astrological 'prophesy' is unique enough to this year. I must be missing the connection, can somebody clear up what is significant about this annual alignment this year and what the occurrence interval is of whatever it is which makes this year special?

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Oddly enough 1260 days from Purim this year would be August 21, 2012. It is close to the 12-21-2012 date that so many are worked up about. But if you subtract 1260 days from then you end up with July 10, 2009...wonder what could happen then?

I must be getting tired or something because I also did not catch the significance of 1260 days. Could you explain?

Sorry if I missed something, I honestly read the whole thread and seem to have missed those rather important points.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oh how I wonder, oh how I worry, oh how I would really like to know!

Of earthly plunders, and all the thunder, of which the heavens are sure to show.

Led Zeppelin the Rover

Wouldn’t we all like to figure it out and have the peace of mind of being right?

The prophecies that tend to come true are self fulfilled ones. I am struck aghast at times again and again how intent some people become to lend credence towards end time prophecies to the point they would willing allow/enable them to come true just to validate an ideology, theory, cult or spiritual conviction.

To the people who do serious research and put serious thought into these hypothesis I am in no way denigrating your intelligent focus and diligence in being so thorough and inquisitive.

Yet one thing is for sure, if I were a superb logistical planner, and I could plot out, how long it would take to farm x amount of people, and create x amount of technology, and get x amount of philosophies to take hold so my progeny could accomplish a certain task not in x amount of peoples best interest and I could plant that horrible event as a seed in your belief system that would make you believe it was inevitable, even good, even preferable, I sure would have some of you unwittingly aiding me in something that wasn’t in your best interests when the sun and the moon and the stars all lined up at a certain point like I imagined they would, when my formula finally reached critical mass.

Couldn’t we just all agree on what day to destroy the planet ourselves to make it a bit simpler?

Or…start fighting the evil little logisticians who seem to have worked this out a long, long time ago?

Seems simpler that way, just a thought, respectfully submitted, oh and by the way I kind of enjoy life on this planet, and if there is a vote on it, I would kind of prefer we save it.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hold your breath....

March 10, 1982:

Event:
Sygyzy: all 9 planets aligned on same side of Sun!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan

I must be getting tired or something because I also did not catch the significance of 1260 days. Could you explain?

The Tribulation is supposed to be seven years. Once it begins then after 1260 days the seven seals are opened and the seven trumpets are sounds. The final three and a half years are the really hard part.

At the end of those seven years, the 1000 years of Christ's reign begins. After that is final battle, the final judgment and then there is a new heaven and earth for all eternity.

The odd thing is that 365*3.5=1277.5 Not sure where the missing 17 days are. As the seals and trumpets should not that that long to do. Unless that is the difference between the Gregorian calender we
us and the solar calender that the Egyptians and Persians used.

wikipedia actually has a fairly decent description of the Tribulation.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
symbolically, the ruling planet of virgo is mercury.
the ruling planet of leo is the sun. (i know it's not a planet, but that's the heavenly body attributed to Leo).

so perhaps what you're looking for is a planetary alignment of the sun, mercury and the moon, in which the moon is below mercury?

the 12 tribes of israel are represented by 12 sectors of the sky, in which various constellations are present. this is the symbolic layer of the 12 stars in the crown, i do believe.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by undo]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I find it interesting that we should look to the skies, but also we are told in the Bible not to participate in this sort of thing, astrology, etc. It's sort of like when King Saul banished the witches, but then went to a witch, the one in Endor, to ask about the future because no longer talked to him. Ooooh. What a bad time he had then, eh? Spoke to the ghost of Samuel and was told he would die the next day. Guess he shouldn't have consulted with a witch. lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ill chime in

Note to others...correct me when wrong...Im going on memory of some old things I have read.

First thing to note, we are coming to the time when a new year can be 'observed' be the next 'new moon' according to following a 'true moon cycle'. A true moon calendar is not prewritten...a true new year begins with the observance of the true new moon in the spring. I do believe the next new moon is the moon to observe the first day of a true new year (going by lunar ways). This is how the ancients followed the lunar calendar...and this is what is meant when....it can not be known in advance. You may have a good idea of a time when the new moon should come, by I learned last yr while observing the true new moon....it can be tricky and can not be 'known' until it is observed and witnessed. SOOO, first point being....this next new moon brings in our true new yr according to the way of observing a new yr/with a new moon. In fact, every month should be observed, not predicted, with a new moon.

It is not rare for the moon to be at the Virgins feet...secound point...it happened in 2005 that I am aware of anyways. It might happen more often then that...but I know it happened in 2005. Many conjunctions happen every yr. with Virgo because she sits on the elliptic. The sun, moon and planets all follow this elliptic path....the path of the zodiac.

Im not sure, if we take the scriptures literally, that the scriptures tell us that it is a 'full moon' at her feet. Can someone correct me if Im wrong please....

It could very well mean we are to look for a new moon at her feet...the moon that we are to only know of it because we observe it. Which is why....no one knows the day or hour....ect....because new moons are to be observed, not predicted.

The thrid point I want to add...is in the month of March....around the 24 and 25, Venus, the brightest planet, will go from being a evening star to a morning star, over night, more or less. One night you will see her low in the west (she is VERY bright right now, several threads on this here at ATS) and then in the morning, you will see her in the East...she will not return to the evening sky until 2010.

Does Venus have anything to do with all of this...traversing from the evening star to the morning star, at the same time a moon is at the feet of Virgo? I do not know. I am just adding thoughts to others thoughts.

Virgo has had some interesting conjunctions this past yr. but she does every year, so it would be hard to say what is of importance and what is not.

But I am glad to see others watching the stars....makes me feel at home.

If anything...mabey its just showing us...its about time to view and observe our new moon to bring in the true new yr. I will be one watching for the new moon. Could it be the new moon will come around the time of the traversing of Venus????

LV

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

the guy in revelation is having an out of body experience in which he sees the future, to put it into modern terminology. he saw it and wrote it down. most of it didn't make sense to him either. doesn't make it self fulfilling, just means the guy had an out of body experience where he saw the future, couched in heavy symbolic terminology.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

the participation is more about believing it can tell you your future, like what you should do tomorrow, what you should eat, where you should live or what have you. i mean if you look at the sky and see a rock coming down near where you live, you will get out of the way. so if the symbols are planetary and are couched in symbolism, perhaps it's telling us that the planets at the particular point in history referred to in the revelation text, have an odd alignment, not meant to tell your future but to indicate times and seasons in conjunction with scripture.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by undo]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i like the esther and purim symbols mentioned as well.

let's think about the planetary thing for a moment.

does this mean the great red dragon isn't a constellation? cause that would make mars a big contender for the symbol

so rather than nibiru coming back with space debris in tow.

maybe it's a planetary battle between forces on mars and earth and the tail of the dragon throwing down the stars, is not a comet, asteroid, meteor or meteorite, but a literal spacecraft from mars, immense in size, that wages war on the earth by unleashing an armada of ufos. sounds war of the worlds-ish

[edit on 3-3-2009 by undo]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join