It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abandoned House-True Story-With Pictures.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
On a very warm, humid summer night, so typical of Florida, I joined three other people to attempt to catch up with a group of paranormal investigators, who were having an overnight camp out. I did not know this other group, but Josh had corresponded with them, and we had our own equipment. At, the time, I had been a member of Nightwolf Paranormal Research for about one year. We were a grass group, who shared a common interest in the paranormal. We had changed members so many times in such a short time, but the core group was still together.

On this night it was two males who were original members, a new female member, and myself. We traveled a great distance, and it was really late and really dark where we ended up. This town was so tiny, that they closed the gas stations, and stores at 11:00 p.m. on a Saturday night. We found ourselves on streets so tiny that, the streets were named after the family who lived on the trailer at the end of it. (I saw a trailer with a satellite disk, and an outhouse. I swear this). Anyway, we could not find this other group. It turns out later; we were within a few miles of them (the other group) the whole time.

But we found this little lane, that took a bend, and wouldn�t you know it, right at the corner where the lane bent there was an old apparently abandoned house. It was a two story, which was common in older houses, as heat rises, and back in the days before Florida had air conditioning, you had to have that second story, to find some relief. Also, since we were in what appeared to be farming country, I imagine they had larger families. On the property proper, next to the big house, was a smaller, single-family type house. Further back was a very large equipment shed for larger farming tools.

Now, Josh noted the name of the lane we were on. I will explain later why that is an important detail. Aside from the above-described buildings, the only other building (s), was a trailer approximately a quarter of a mile up the lane, on the property. We were delighted at this turn of events, and decided to take a walk about, and maybe do a little filming. Since we had already planned on joining another crew, we had our night scope, our video camera, our digital camera, and our EMF detector. (EMF measures electromagnetic fields; a common tool when you suspect spiritual energy may be present.) We knew we had to be extra careful, because usually we would check out a property during the day, so we could look for any and all possible dangers. (Barbwire, broken tombstones, holes to twist ankles, plus, more important, we did not have permission to enter the property, and we do not trespass.

But we did decide to do some filming, plus I wanted to see if I could pick anything up. I am our group�s �spotter�. Specifically what that means is I am psychic, and very sensitive to spirits. Some of the most dramatic pictures we have ever taken were taken when I felt a presence, and later the spirit appeared on film.

We soon realized we were in for a lot more than we planned on such short notice. Almost as soon as we exited the vehicle, and started to distribute the gear to everyone, we heard a growl. Well, of course there are feral dogs everywhere, not to mention foxes, possums, and who-knows-what-else running around. Now we were careful to examine our surroundings, and we noticed that even though it was dark, there was something, and I do mean a SOMETHING, that was darker than the background. We have seen these before, usually in cemeteries. They look like little black tornados, and they are definitely inhuman, and definitely do not ever have our best interest at heart. In fact they really seem to draw energy from our equipment, and even ourselves, hence the �cold spots� people experience. Well, we filmed �it�, and also took snap shots with both �B�s� camera, as well as our digital camera. It was at that point, we realized a spirit not only had gotten between the car and ourselves, (the car was eloped with a black cloud), but something was behind us too. I started to follow my feelings, and I started to wander up the lane alone, toward the shadow, when Josh�s voice came through my headset telling me to come back. I turned around, started to walk back to the they, when �K�, suddenly said �______, come here quick!�. I asked �Where is it..?�, and as soon as I asked, I knew. K saw, actually saw, a green luminous hand appear, and pull my ponytail. It shook me. Of all the things I have ever seen, and experienced, this was a very evil spirit. And, K, who is a man, found himself under some sort of oppression, started crying. I cannot express how shocking that was. He was simply overwhelmed by something. We all began to smell a strong odor of baby powder. Now, at this time I will mention, we female members of the crew, do not wear make-up, hair spray, or perfume during an investigation. Sometimes, spirits make themselves know by bringing about odors, to announce their presence.

We looked to see if there were wild flowers, orange blossoms, or anything that could have possibly explain what we were smelling. No, this was definitely baby powder. K also was scanning the property, and filming with the video camera, and he called me over to look over his shoulder while he filmed. (He didn�t want to move the camera.) There was two forms, a taller one, and a shorter one DIRECTLY in front video camera, invisible to the naked eye, but the camera was seeing it! The two forms were not the same as the black tornado like creatures.

After what seemed a relatively short period of time, we went back into the car, and discovered hours had passed! We had lost all concept of time. But the story would not end there. We arrived at our respective homes after the sun had risen, and Josh dropped me off, and I decided a nap was definitely called for. I fell into a very troubled sleep, and had a very vivid dream about the house, and what had happened there. The dream was disturbing, and there were details I will not discuss at this time, but the most awful part, was I suddenly awoke vomiting, and losing control of my bowels. Now, I had not been sick. Nor, had I been exposed to the flu, or anything else. The dream preceded the sudden onset of my being sick.

When Josh came over later to check on me, I told him how sick I was. But there was more. I needed to take a bath after my onset on sickness, and there was a bruised bite mark on my upper arm! Purple, and black, you could actually see teeth marks! In fact, I showed the mark to a neighbor a day or two later, and she said it looked like someone had bitten me, because you could see teeth marks. Needless to say, no one had bitten me. No one we could see. But whatever spirit had pulled my hair, didn�t seem to have a problem leaving any other marks. But, that was not the end of this particular story. I had a second, equally vivid dream, once again about the history of this house, and the crime that was committed there. And more importantly, by whom. It explained the larger and smaller spirits seen in the video camera, and the odor of baby powder. It also explained the shadows we saw running by the smaller house.

I have had spirits attempt to communicate with me before. It seems that once spirits figure out your are sensitive to their presence, they really do want to communicate. I would even offer that perhaps the reason spirits get frustrated, and make things �happen�, is because they are trying to communicate, and frankly, no one likes to be ignored. I will also offer at this time, that if someone is a wonderful person in this life, that chances are pretty good, they will be wonderful on the �other� side of the veil that separates us, from our deceased. But, on the other hand, if someone is nasty, and not a nice person, well, death is not the cure-all, to suddenly turn them into really nice people. That only makes sense, after all. Never before had I dreamed about an investigation and never before, had I become so violently ill for no apparent reason. The dreams were not the same. They were an explanation of the history of the house as told by two different people who knew it�s intimate history.

Now, I explained previously, that this was a very tiny town. And the name of the former inhabitants of the house had come to me twice in two different dreams. So, I decided to check information for a listing on THAT last name on THAT lane. (Remember, the only other building, and the only one that showed any sign of life, was the trailer up the road). My reasoning was, that if the property had stayed in the family, that family would probably have purchased the trailer, instead on taking care of the cost of that huge, old farmhouse. Also, after the dream I had witnessed, I imagine after the violence I believed I saw, the family would not have wanted to live there anyway. I called information, and asked for a listing for R________ Smith, on F______ Road. The operator checked, and said, � Oh, I don�t have a R______ Smith on F_____ Road, but I do have an initial R. Smith on that road..�. I thanked her. Only one other residence on that tiny Lane. The trailer. The telephone listing with the last name, and the first initial of the man I dreamed about, and the crime I witnessed in my dreams.

The same R_____ Smith, who used a ghostly hand to pull my hair, and bite my arm. The same R____ Smith who made a grown man, K, cry. When the pictures from the cameras were developed, NONE of the pictures turned out. That in itself, and of itself is odd. But watching the videotape, we saw a pair of glowing red eyes, and unmistakably you can hear a voice say � help me�, in a weak female voice. The night before I began this book, I was relating the story about the house to two members of Nightwolf Paranormal Research who had been unable to join us on that particular night. The two members, Suzy, and Joe, are a dating couple, and very close to each other. The layout of my house is such that we have added on a back room, a Florida room, where there had once been a sliding glass door going out to a screened in porch. The porch has been enclosed, and now has my dining room table and the Christmas tree out there.

Lying on the dining room table, was Suzy�s purse, and cell phone. I was seated across the table, and at the opposite side from both the purse, and the cell phone. Suzy was seated just inside the main part of the house, seated next to Joe. I told them the story I have just related to you, when Joe�s cell phone, in his pocket, and on vibrate, went off. By the time he, Joe pulled it out of his pocket, it had stopped its silent ring, and when he checked the caller-ID, it was Suzy�s cell phone, that had dialed Joe�s cell phone, while in full view of all of us, WHILE NO ONE WAS NEAR IT! Talk about a strange thing to have happen. But we have all had strange things happen since our forays into the paranormal. We were not frightened, simply amazed.

This story is true

[Edited on 04-08-2004 by ladyspiritguide]

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
"smith" is such a common name, and is usually used as a way to substitute "John Doe".

You don't make it seem very believable sorry. Nice little story though.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't really believe it, but I have a few questions anyway. How does the Suzy and Joe part play into this? I don't see how it was needed? How were the 'spirits' murdered? Explain the baby powder and eyes and whatnot. Did you talk to the family in the trailer? Can you upload the video? That's about it.

And if you were really psychic, wouldn't you know these spirits would attack you and make you have to poop and puke?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I liked it. I beleive it!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's a good story, but it seems a little far fetched. Are you sure that the "glowing eyes" are actually eyes and nothing to do with the camera? I know when I film stuff sometimes there's a random red light that shows up on the tape. It's quite a hassle sometimes actually. And "Smith" is a very common name (unless you subsituted it for a different name as to not give out the location). As for the cell phone thing, it's very common for cell phones just to dial random numbers. I know mine does it all the time. Sorry, don't know if I can believe this one.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
ice story really good
but i dont think it's real.

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah I'm not believin it much either, everything about it seems very generic. I'd have to see it to believe it.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
thank you for the replies, you guys.

I agree, "Smith" is a very common last name. However, this part of Florida we were in is so rural, that the road were more dirt tracks, with few actual paved roads. The odds of the same name, with the telephone registry, is very slim. The population in that area is only several hundred. The "roads" were named for the family whose trailer (or modular home) was on the end of it.

With the exception of this paved road, which seemed to be a throughfair to the expressway, about 23 miles away, or so.

Suzy is my Daughter, and her fiance Joe, was an original member of my Paranormal Team. In fact, they met because of our ghost-hunting activities. My Daughter Suzy, has shown some of my psychic skills, and is quite gifted in her own right. However, she spends less of her time with "otherworldly topics", and more time on her job, and social life

When real paranormal events happen, they are not always very neat, nor easy to explain.

I related the events here as they happened, and any floral language, or additional wording was added by myself, since this story was published in a national magazine,. I still own this story, and it is copywrited in my name, so I felt free to share it here at ATS.

However, I can assure you, the events happened as I have related them, exactly.

I forgot to add, at the time this event occured-we had been professional paranormal researchers for several years. Since we always "look o the natural, before the supernatural", we take every precaution to make sure that the pictures we take, et all, are credible, and professional. (After all, no one would ever remember the 100 times we did have activity, they would remember the 1 time that a picture was proven to be a "false positive", true?)

We never had our work questioned, (pictures, video, EPV's).

So, I let my work speak for itself.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Lady spirit guide you live in tampa bay FL? If so do I, where in Tampa do you live? I didnt know we had paranormal teams around here!

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I sent you a message
. I am in Clearwater

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
very spooky story. nice
. Do you still go ghost hunting? and do you have any pictures of other sightings that have developed where we can see something?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Pictures

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm in Dondedan right now, (just outside tampa). I don't live here but thats pretty weird theres stuff like that going on around here. I don't know if I'd believe it or not though.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Awww no pics.....bummer...and I was going to venture that way....Oh well next time.....

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sorry Netstorm-I do not own the video tape(s), for this investigation. I have asked the former President of our group for all the film(s), reports, video's, etc.....

But he hasn't produced them yet. (he's not being sneaky, he just moved in with a New Girlfriend, and the stuff is in boxes God-Knows-Where.)

Also, now that he's got his own Record Label, he doesn't do investigations any more. (More $$$ in bands, and recordings, I guess:lol

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You can't remote link to pictures on Tripod. I believe that you can upload the pictures to ATS, however.

It would be nice to see the pics.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Not a problem....just wanted to look at the pics..
I really enjoy haunted houses and such..got the beejezus scared out of me at my grandmothers house in Okla once when I was like 10...that started it all

Do you have them on Tripod?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
yes- the address is:

Paranormal Research

The Web Site is old & looks like crap, but the pictures are there. I hate
how amiturish the site looks.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
FWIW, my wife's cell phone calls my cell phone on it's own all of the time. it gets knocked around in her purse and that sometimes sets off the thing to call the last number dialed. on the other hand if it rings a few times, then stops, it doesn't always register the caller id.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
redo those other pictures all they say is hosted by tripod

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join