It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The people know.. More are aware..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well, aware or suspicious I am not sure... But the evidence is here. More of the population at this point are pretty much EXPECTING a depression!

At abnormal numbers, people are searching for 'the great depression' in the search engines. More and more people are searching for the search term 'how to survive an economic depression'. Things like 'what happens in a economic depression'. Ordinary people are searching for these terms in abnormal numbers.

Is this a good thing, or does it worry some? I am not sure how I feel about it to be honest, just wanted to throw this out there.

OK you are wondering about my 'proof' ??
First, go here: freekeywords.wordtracker.com...
This is a popular keyword research tool, for those not familiar with webmaster stuff.

Now, type in the word 'depression' and do a search. What this tells you, is what related terms containing that word were searched for on the Yahoo search engine yesterday.

I really just wanted to share my findings, while I was doing some research. This is really not normal. HUGE numbers here.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This may be good news in terms of preventing the worst but imo it all depends on what information the people are walking away with. Yes they searched for these things but what did they find? That's what worries me. If everyone used the information they found...would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Thanks for biting. I didn't think anyone would.

The significance of the numbers on the Yahoo keyword tool.. Means even MORE people are searching for these on Google, a much more popular one. To know what they are walking away with, would mean searching for those terms and checking out the first few results.

The first result in Google looks like an eHow article. Their first tip is BUYING a bunch of books. My guess is people are profiting on panic.

The second tip is paying off ALL debt. Buying gold and silver are there... Of course they throw in needing to buy guns and supplies.

Is this any different from what ATS'ers would suggest though?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Sounds to me like it might be a good thing to start up a website and show people some great ways to survive. Also maybe add some affiliate links to certain things that would help you make some cash on the side. Hey why not if folks are looking for anwsers. Then give them what they want and make some cash while doing it. And make some folks more aware of what is going on. And maybe get some more folks to come here.

Is it good or bad? Well it may be good, figuring that this means that folks are starting to open there eyes up for once. It may be bad since this means those of us that will be prepared will now have compitition. May also be good for some of the economy because folks will be buying up more and more stuff.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I saw this coming 30 years ago. Any country that kills it's own babies in the womb is self-destructing.

Five years ago I started getting my house ready to sell, and my only regret is that I didn't move out of the country, that I bought a farm in the country instead.

Now I'm stuck here. America, the most hated country in the world, after Israel perhaps, and justifiably so.

Even our own government hates us, and they are traitors working to destroy the country from within.

Our own military has been bought and paid for by off-shore bankers, ready to be turned against us, the ones who erected and paid for that military.

Camps are all built to hold us long enough to torture and kill us and bring in the next load.

Planes fly overhead every day spraying barium salts, aluminum salts, and other things to kill us, a slow kill is still a kill. One of these days they will be spraying us down with bird flu or some other delicacy they have invented in their taxpayer funded laboratories.

I could go on and on with a long list of things in store for us, by our own so-called government, the finest government money can buy -- who mean to kill us all.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

* Every day, on average, we collect about 1.7 million search terms from Dogpile.com and Metacrawler.com (accounts for 0.63% of searches across all engines). By combining these two figures, we estimate that the total daily searches across all engines is 427.0 million searches.

Sorry, but your search you are using is pretty weak by the numbers.

0.63% of seaches

I am not saying these would not coinside with others, but it is not strong enough for sampling.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
IMHO, the public don't know anything beyond what MSM tells them. Just last year, when Bernanke told everyone the subprime was contained, everyone said things were fine. Now when the msm tells them we're in a recession, they're still regurgitating. Most people fail to recognize what's really going on, that this is all planned and intentional, and those that do fail to understand why. In short, more are aware because they are physically being affected by it, but when it's something intangible, such as war crimes, genocide, wars based on lies in some far off region considered as fantastic as Middle Earth, the public couldn't care less about it.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by American_Soviets]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
IMHO, the public don't know anything beyond what MSM tells them. Just last year, when Bernanke told everyone the subprime was contained, everyone said things were fine. Now when the msm tells them we're in a recession, they're still regurgitating. Most people fail to recognize what's really going on, that this is all planned and intentional, and those that do fail to understand why. In short, more are aware because they are physically being affected by it, but when it's something intangible, such as war crimes, genocide, wars based on lies in some far off region considered as fantastic as Middle Earth, the public couldn't care less about it.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by American_Soviets]

Unfortunately you are right. Or we feel helpless to stop it, and it's too painful to think about it. The Bible says those who fail to rescue the innocent who are led to the slaughter, the day will come when they will be in trouble and God will not hear their cries either.

I cannot imagine how horrible it must be for the people in Gaza and elsewhere to suffer under shock and awe, the torture dungeons, the brutality of the Zionist U.S. war machine. It is impossible to be happy or enjoy life knowing what is going on.

That's why I hate Zionism and try to speak against it, and ATS says it's hate speech. Can you imagine that! Hate speech to speak against that which is causing women and children to huddle in tunnels shivering in fear, and then to get hit with bunker busters and be buried alive. Zionism, eugenicists who say some people are so special and possess such special DNA that they can kill off everybody else on the planet, and that the rest of us are hateful, subhuman creatures deserving to be lied to, used up, cheated and killed.

Zionism, that wants to conquer the world and bury it alive, to rule the world by the antichrist and worship this monster as God. Zionism, who says they only worship one God, but are waiting for a messiah who is the enemy of God to erect a Fourth Reich of supermen.

Zionism, threatening the world with nuclear holocaust, its proponents thinking collectively they are a collective god on earth, "blessing the nations."

Corrupting everything it touches, buying whole militaries, entire governments, starting wars, bringing death and misery to billions of people, seeking to destroy life, all life but that of a few.

Such wickedness the world has never seen, says the Bible, or ever will see again as that brought by Zionism, the Synagogue of Satan, Sodom and Egypt as Jerusalem is described in the last days in Revelation 11.

new topics

top topics

join