It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mullen: Iran has fissile materials for bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Mullen: Iran has fissile materials for bomb

news.yahoo.com

The top U.S. military official said Sunday that Iran has sufficient fissile material for a nuclear weapon, declaring it would be a "very, very bad outcome" should Tehran move forward with a bomb.
Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, offered the assessment when questioned in a broadcast interview about a recent report by the U.N. nuclear watchdog on the state of Iran's uranium enrichment program, which can create nuclear fuel and may be sufficiently advanced to produce the core of warheads.
Mullen was asked if Iran now had enough fissile material to make a bomb. He responded, "We think they do, quite frankly. And Iran having a nuclear weapon I've believed for a long time is a very, very bad outcome for the region and for the world."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So now we get to see what this is all about, right? We finally get to see what Obama is going to say, and what hillary will do...

So when does Isreal attack?

I believe that now we will see Obama do nothing. This will be one of those "words are meaningful" ways to handle diplomacy, which will be Carter's handling of the Iranian hostage situation again.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I am just waiting for the day when we almost blow the FORK out ourselves. When are we going to learn? The human condition needs to be remedied. Perhaps we are after all the answer to our own problems. If those maniacs blow the hell out of themselves, what then?
Do we intervene?
I know they have been fighting over the same nonsense since the dawn of time, and it would seem unreasonable that they would blow the hell out of themselves. So that makes me ask, Who would be the target. With us out of the way, they have free reign to do whatever the hell they want. Scary though of someone swimming a nuke right up the Hudson. Ain't it?
you know that whoever gets their mitts on this thing might just as well say screw it and do the deed and end themselves as well.
Kinda like a terrorist version of "Kill them all and let ALLAH sort them out".

[edit on 1/3/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

And then you wonder why the idea of North Korea putting payloads in space might be a problem...
I know that there was a Stanford Prof. who just wrote an article speculating that it would take only one attack to make the U.S. capitulate.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Iran has material for power generation. They do not have the highly enriched material for bomb production. The US Secretary of Defense stated publicly that Iran is no where near being able to build a nuclear bomb. Even the International Atomic Energy Agency, (IAEA) which is closely monitoring Iran has stated that Iran is not producing weapons grade material. Iran has allowed the IAEA access so that monitoring can be conducted to remove any doubts about Irans nuclear power generation program.

This Bomb Scare is all a smoke screen designed to add support for Israels desire for war. Remember that Iraq was supposed to have weapons of Mass Destruction and it turned out to be a big lie. This is another lie and anyone who falls for it is a fool.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I highly doubt that, this is what is referred to as ground intel...

got to stop blaming bush sometime...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Not that I condone the following, but someone told me once that when 911 happened the world would not have thought any worse of us if we detonated right in the heart of the middle east.

The world maybe not, but Israel sure would've been pissed.

From day 1 we should have clear cut that country like a weed whacker. Why do you think they never attacked China like they did us? 2 Reasons. #1 China would have armed every man, woman, and child, and mowed down that whole area. #2 China buys most of the DRUG the middle east exports. USA is #2.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Please post in the ongoing discussion:

Iran has enough material to make nuclear bomb

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join