It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Die For Freedom?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
No i wouldn't, im a big girls blouse.Ok maybe i would,dont have much in the way of weapons though,one thing from my research though..is most large conflicts involving the west are manipulated and orchestrated in some way or other.So i wouldn't fight a war based on what the government says.I'd fight against the government though.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Yes but the EXAMPLE given was stormtroopers kicking in the door and seizing guns. To me that'd be stupid to die over. Now if the OP wants to change the scenario to, "bad guys are about to kill your family," that's a whole different scenario. You gotta be specific about these things.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

I gave multiple scenarios which would occur in any martial law society, i redefined it as someone requested me to. However it doesn't really matter what the exact scenario is, just take it as blanket martial law and all that entails.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
to say i would die is a tough one, because basic war rule is

you dont win wars/freedom dieing for your country .., you win wars /freedom by making the other side die for theirs.

but if someone trys to take my family ,my house,my car,hell even my dog , for no good reason YOU DAM WRIGHT I WOULD !! you better have a real i mean real dam good reason to come take my food,my family,my house,car ect. ect.

we have inherent rights as human beings born to this planet, regardless of political views,religious views,race,nationality,ect.ect.

i would advise anyone to fight for those inherent rights .

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You kidding me? I kill you for a klondike bar!

But ya. Kidding me? I would die for freedom anyday. As long as I know when I was dying that I made it a just death, and that there was still hope, it would be a good death.

Freedom is only a concept though. But freedom in the terms of the US constiution? Ya. If it actually comes to the NWO kickin down the door and taking me, my family, etc... I would run first, but if it would come to it, I would die for Freedom, liberity, and the hope that we can suceed.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Too die for freedom is a stupid rhetorical comment.......your death will never guarantee freedom. It has no history of EVER happening anywhere. Many people are willing to kill for freedom, you go kicking in American doors and you will be killed.......if not the first house, than the next or the one after that. Once the kicking of doors start you will find entire cities rising up in rebellion. The problem is the Government and Military have begun to believe their own disinformation. Real America is not afraid, we never have been. Politicians panic, the rich panic but the real Americans know they have to get up and go to work tomorrow and all the tomorrrows after that. You are not going to change the channel on their t.v. much less force them to move out of their own house, home and property. Killing for freedom is better than dying for freedom because you can do it more than once and you get to wake up tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
Too die for freedom is a stupid rhetorical comment.......your death will never guarantee freedom.

Try reading the posts content and not the headline. By dying for freedom i mean being willing to fight that may end up in your death. Most people say they will but i think most would rather let the government roll over them even in bad situations. It's not rhetorical at all, just a simple question asking if you are willing to die for what you believe in. This doesn't mean throwing yourself off a bridge or jumping in a lake and pointlessly killing yourself.

I just wondered how many would fight and risk their lives if the government suddenly became tyrannical and how many are just all bluster.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Would I die for my freedom? Good question, one I have asked myself repeatedly.

Would I die for my freedom... if I may, let me respond by different scenarios...

1. I would die defending my children. If they were being taken away, I would make damn sure that I take as many out as I possibly can before they even get their hands on them. My freedom? No, but my children's? YES.

2. I would die to protect my wife. Again, same as above.

This is, of course, under the assumption that we are being separated, and that all able-bodied persons, or people with known militant views are being grouped together, imprisoned. However, if families were allowed to remain together...

1. I would do more good to stay with them, to protect them as a unit. I would not go running off. So in this case, no, I would not die for my freedom, as I have placed the concerns and well being of my family above my own.

I would defend my home, and my family from invasion or threat. I would look at what is happening, and try to figure out the best course of action, as befits my family. I have no problem performing guerrilla tactics or resistance movements... but to die? NOT AN OPTION. Who would watch after my wife and two sons?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have to Quote Jimmy Cliff on this one; "I would rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave; so I will keep on fighting for what i want, cuz I know that when your dead you can't"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join