It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Die For Freedom?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I see many people on these boards all hung ho claiming that the powers that be would have to pry the guns out of their dead hands. That if the stormtroopers kick down their doors then they better make peace with god or that if martial law is introduced they would fight the power and end up in prison or dead.

I wonder how many of the people who so easily type this on these boards would actually do it? I wonder how many of them have ever actually faced their own death and know how that feels?

Would you really fight? Be imprisoned? Die? All for freedom?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
["Would you really fight? Be imprisoned? Die? All for freedom?"]

define which freedom we are talking about??

The United States Constitution Or somthing better?

[edit on 1-3-2009 by lycopersicum]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
YEs i would..i ha decided this a LONG LONG time ago..prob since i was 17, i am 33 now. I have often thought about that, stormtroopes, NWO troopers kicking down my door..I would absolutely fight back,cause i know my capture for sure means a death sentence, and i want to live man, its eitheir them or me,...and if im goin down, i will most certainly take as many fo them with me as i can. I have made my peace with god, and for freedom, yes iw ould die for it. I would not wanna live under communist stalin codnitions, or ending up a salve only to be executed jsut like the nazis ddi the jews. As long as we have some kinda foothhold and control on things, for those of us that know better and whats goin on, ht idea is to not loose ouor foothold..fight as long as yuo can, with moderation.
Democracy is a wonderful thing, being ble to pray without soldiers telling yuo yuo cant, or having to live under extreme cerfew, and have choices to pick and select fromk, instead of what is only forcibly given too you..eff that! Capitlaism has to go though, it has failed, because of greedy corporations influencing our government.
YES i would join the ranks of others and militis, too fihgt the NWO...and rebuikld government, so its for everyone, everyone gets heard from and has help.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No, I would give up my gun, pretend to agree, found some civic group supporting the cause of big unk, and then do my best to found and run some kind of underground railroad to support what I REALLY believe.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
All depends on your scenario.. I can damned well guarantee if a foreign power invaded the country or foreign powers began occupying the US that the answer is YES.

I can also guarantee that if anyone attacks or threatens to do my family or myself harm then I don't care what they are wearing, who they are or where they are from. (Yes, this especially includes my door being bashed in because I am coming out armed if I do not know who the hell bashed in my door and I have to assume "whoever" bashed in my door is going to freeking shoot me if I am armed so what the hell else am I going to do?)

So, "other" scenarios would have to be defined for a truthful answer.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
To protect my family & friends...hell yeah I'd fight to the death...

William Wallace: Every man dies, not every man really lives.

William Wallace: We all end up dead, it's just a question of how and why.

William Wallace: They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!

William Wallace: Lower your flags and march straight back to England, stopping at every home to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of theft, rape, and murder. Do this and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today.

William Wallace: There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

William Wallace: It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I believe that if you are not willing to fight and die for liberty you are already a slave. If you are not prepared to fight and die to protect you and yours you are a worthless meat sack.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Would you really fight? Be imprisoned? Die? All for freedom?

Been there, done that...It would be déjà vu for me, lol.

Went through civil war in my own country, lost 3 years of my life there and been POW as well.

There will be many who will fall, surrender and cry, seen it with my own eyes.

Remember what the old shaman said: The dog who barks does not bite

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yes, I would. I can't actually convince anyone I would till the day came but I know in my heart I would.

I also have zero doubt in my mind that I would rather shoot till i am shot before someone takes me away and tortures me. I am more afraid of torture than I am of Rosanne. There is no surrender in my option box.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What Freedom?

No matter what country we go to we are stilled controlled. Some just control you more than others.

Personally, they can have my gun. Even if I didn't give it to them, they would find a different way to get anyway if they want it bad enough.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
As some people have asked for a more detailed situation i will try my best to give one.

Firstly when i say freedom i mean the freedom that allows us to do anything we like as long as we don't hurt anyone. The freedom to not be spied on like little misbehaving children, the freedom to not be afraid of government and instead make government afraid of us. That is the kind of freedom i mean.

The situation i can imagine is rioting over all this financial stuff and government suppressing the masses with violence, imprisonment and threat of imprisonment. It would descend into true martial law because once a government has started to suppress large masses they can never stop for fear of retaliation. So would you fight in this situation, to guarantee freedom for yourself and others, even if you die?

Hope that was the more detailed scenario some were after.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Die for freedom!? Shoot man I'd die for a Frito! Seriously though, since my family have fought in all the wars since WW1 I don't think I could dishonor their service or memory by cowing at the boots of oppression. I would not want to imagine my kids or anyone elses having to be slaves in any way shape or form to anyone. That being said, I would fight and die for freedom but not for Greedom.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Avalon22]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think the actual thread title should be changed.

You don't really "Die" for freedom...if you "die" you are giving your life for "others" to have freedom.

So i think the real question is, would you "die" if you had to if you knew it could keep your children and family/friends free?

Would I?

YES. It also depends on the circumstances or description of "freedom", but generally..YES.

Dieing for your own freedom is kind of pointless...as you will be dead anyway..what's the freedom in that? Can't do much when you are a corpse.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Dying for the idea of freedom, when you die for it you've spent your life fighting for it, so i think the thread title is quite fine. Many people are willing to write letters, complain maybe even march for this idea, but i wonder how many would fight and die for it. That was the point, are you willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to secure freedom for your family, friends and even people you don't know.

So no, dying for freedom isn't a waste, the whole point is you aren't thinking of yourself when it happens to you. Whats the old phrase? "I'd rather die free than live as a slave"

[edit on 2-3-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

That was the point, are you willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to secure freedom for your family, friends and even people you don't know.

For family....always. Protecting your own blood is the whole point right? That's why we all have kids....to try and raise them to be a better person than we turned out to be.

As for people I don't know...i guess it depends on the cause. There are people all over the world who are not free...and no US citizen is giving up their life for them...except for soldiers.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
As for people I don't know...i guess it depends on the cause. There are people all over the world who are not free...and no US citizen is giving up their life for them...except for soldiers.

Well that's because they are not in the situation, when they are forced into it a choice has to be made. I'd happily fight and die to keep this country free for everyone, not just people i know. It's the ideal that is incredibly important to me, as it is to many other people. However i often wonder how many of the people who claim they would fight and talk a nice game would actually do what they say.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Nope. Can't continue the fight (for freedom) when dead or imprisoned, right? I'd rather live another day than die, even for freedom.

[edit on 2009-3-02 by pikypiky]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

Nope. Can't continue the fight (for freedom) when dead, right? I'd rather live another day than die, even for freedom.

Yeah, i'm sure everyone who was ever involved in a war wanted to live. We're not talking about throwing yourself off a bridge here, we're just talking about fighting which may result in death. If a government turned tyrannical with martial law then protesting isn't going to work, nor is voting or any other method. The only thing left is to fight. Peaceful protest can get a lot done, take a look at Gandhi, however in our day and age i don't think that tactic would work.

So you wouldn't be willing to fight physically if push came to shove? Well at least you're honest, i can respect that.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

However i often wonder how many of the people who claim they would fight and talk a nice game would actually do what they say.

I think it depends on how desperate the times are. There will always be some who wouldn't, but I think the majority of people would if the circumstances and dangers were dire enough.

Family always comes first with me..everything else is second. I think most people feel that way. If I knew I had to die to save them...then I'd willingly sacrifice myself.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by pikypiky

Nope. Can't continue the fight (for freedom) when dead [or imprisoned], right? I'd rather live another day than die, even for freedom.

[...]So you wouldn't be willing to fight physically if push came to shove?[...]

If there is a chance for survival without fighting, I'd rather take that course of action. But like you said, if push comes to shove, I'd get my broomstick with a scope anytime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join