It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the worst yet to come? Or over Already.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I would love it if we were wrong on all these doom and gloom reads!.... being a parent really changes your perspective. There is too much going on out there besides this economy to show the end times are approaching. However... it is a NEW beginning of man that will occur. Not and end. We must suffer for our excesses, our own greed, our waste to truely realize why we exist on this planet... "mother earth" once we realize that greed caused this demise of our society then we can rebuild. There will be catastrophic earth phenomen to occur to plummet this country/world into total chaos. the NWO knows this and will begin the enslavement of those who survive. That is when the battle will truely begin.. until then we must suffer thru economic rage, gang empowerment, and society collapse to complete our evolution. (can i get a flag now???)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yes there are camps. Lots of them.

Most do not even understand that beneath the crust of the earth is a very dark and sinister place.

Yet we dwell on the surface. Be with the light.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
But, you don't realize how many things there are working against the NWO.

Well.... I probably don't at that. But I do know I am amongst those that work against the Lizard Hearted in this world.

My book is my effort.

(Linked FREE in my sig.)

[edit on 3/1/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hi Amaratasu, I apologize I have been slacking lately even on ATS but with good reason, personal issues really.

Anyhow, I hope you all do realize that the plan for the FEMA Camps has been changed. Originally It was supposed to happen as a result of/during the Olympics and the Russia vs. Georgia conflict was the reason for that and the cheaper gas we have been seeing as a result. Had that plan succeeded we would have been at war with Iran and be members of the camps already. Martial Law was attempted and also diverted already.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ok come on now,martial law etc etc this is about the economy and finance..not crazy conspiracies.Anyone else anything to add about situations that may arise in the next months from external forces,when should credit card debt hit the markets?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

lol another wishful anti-nwo thinking.

They will not fail. They're too smart. The masses are too dumb. So keep dreaming...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hi Amaratasu, I apologize I have been slacking lately even on ATS but with good reason, personal issues really.

Anyhow, I hope you all do realize that the plan for the FEMA Camps has been changed. Originally It was supposed to happen as a result of/during the Olympics and the Russia vs. Georgia conflict was the reason for that and the cheaper gas we have been seeing as a result. Had that plan succeeded we would have been at war with Iran and be members of the camps already. Martial Law was attempted and also diverted already.

Not surprised, but I can't think that they just threw up their hands and went home...

They are looking to manufacture bigger, better excuses. So I cannot rest easily.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am in no way a financial expert - I only know the very basics. But it's obvious that we haven't hit bottom yet. The news just gets worse every day - and there is nothing on the horizon that will turn things around any time soon.

Will it be martial law, FEMA camps, food rations, etc? It's very possible. It's also very possible that things will get a bit worse and then slowly start to recover and everything will be fine again in a few years. Who really knows?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well, this blog may shed some light:

www.contrahour.com...

The top-2 posts were on February 19, and they offer two different perspectives.

The top entry is the "gloom and doom" scenario. The analysis states:

"If we are to replicate the velocity of the leg down which occurred into the November 21st low, an the 6 legs down during the "great Depression", there is a high probability we are at a breakaway point where the market can move down very quickly.

If the Stock Market moves higher from here, it will divorce itself from the market geometry of the declines during the Great Depression. As you are aware, I do not expect this to happen although for the sake of America I hope it does,"

Basically, if the S&P dropped below 797, then it signals bad things and the S&P could decline to between 420 - 700. It's currently at 719, so I think the conclusion here would signal depression.

Unfortunately, the optistic perspective didn't give us much hope either:

The Dow Industrials have traded in a remarkably similar pattern to the Dow in the 1973 - 1974 time period. According to the analogy, the market is now due for a major advance of 50% - 70%. In the chart below, the current Dow Jones Industrial Average is pictured in blue, while the 1973 - 1974 Dow is a black line.

The following chart is a closeup of the current market versus the market in 1974. The comparison basically shows that the market should not make a new low. In fact, it should begin a rather strong advance within the next several days, otherwise the overlay will disengage.

Given the fact that the the stock market has been in a state of free-fall, I would have to assume that the overlay has disengaged.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The worst won't be here until mid June or July, it should level by then. But I can see the Dow down in the high to mid 5's at that time and a ton of people who have nothing, to the point that a civil war may break out and a lot of politicians will be seeking shelter in other countries in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I am in no way a financial expert - I only know the very basics. But it's obvious that we haven't hit bottom yet. The news just gets worse every day - and there is nothing on the horizon that will turn things around any time soon.

Will it be martial law, FEMA camps, food rations, etc? It's very possible. It's also very possible that things will get a bit worse and then slowly start to recover and everything will be fine again in a few years. Who really knows?

Actually I would look for the US Armed Forces to commit complete mutiny against Obama as he has yet to prove he's an eligible president and with that two soldiers have already disobeyed direct orders from him and the momentum is growing. The US Government will probably collapse as the Soviet Scientist stated earlier this year and China will end up with the western United States, Hillary has already offered them our land via immenent domain, and Canada will get the mid section of the country, Europe, most likely the UK will get New York and the eastern states. The illegal immigration problem will go away and the problem with corrupt politicians as well. In China they don't talk about it, they do it and look for politicians and illegal immigrants to be prosecuted and some of them executed as the Chinese do.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv

Originally posted by Curio

Actually I would look for the US Armed Forces to commit complete mutiny against Obama as he has yet to prove he's an eligible president and with that two soldiers have already disobeyed direct orders from him and the momentum is growing. The US Government will probably collapse as the Soviet Scientist stated earlier this year and China will end up with the western United States, Hillary has already offered them our land via immenent domain, and Canada will get the mid section of the country, Europe, most likely the UK will get New York and the eastern states. The illegal immigration problem will go away and the problem with corrupt politicians as well. In China they don't talk about it, they do it and look for politicians and illegal immigrants to be prosecuted and some of them executed as the Chinese do.

Sorry, but most of that is pure fantasy. The source of that whole immanent domain thing was VERY questionable and it has no basis fact. And can you imagine China trying to take any American land - the American population is heavily armed.....it would make the "freedom fighting" in Iraq look like the teddy bear's picnic! As for Canada and the UK taking some land ....just LOL.

No, I can see a North American Union, sure.......but the US being carved up between China, Canada and the US? Ridiculous.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Curio]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Do you know why the S&P would fall to 500.I mean is there any external forces that could effect in.Does financing from foreign countries come into the equation?

Treasuries Solomons.

When 50% of our debt is financed and rolled over by other nations, it's the linchpin of the whole grenade. One failed auction will result in a staggering decline of the S&P and market as a whole. Once that starts, there's nothing but air on the way down.

That failed auction also would directly impact you as a person. Entitlements such as Social Security/Med would go out the window, and government itself would become insolvent, and need to cut services by 50% and their budget by a ton.

There really is no strong support left. It's floating on an air bed of nothingness. All that is needed is a trigger for a strong sell-off, and a failed auction would certainly do it.

Then there's the human factor. Anything can trigger a panic sell-off. Wheres the psychological mark for most? S&P 700 before panic? 650? etc.

You also have to realize just how 'close' you are to that 500 mark right now without a panic sell off. With 10 point drop per day, you're looking at ~20 trading days left before we reach that point. If only 5, averaged, you're looking at 40 trading days. We'll get there even faster with days like today. The S&P looks to close deep red on today's low barring a end of day rally. That's 30 points off the S&P. That leaves 7 trading days like this today to put us at the 500 mark.

And just because it reaches 500 does not mean it's 'over' either. Potentially it can keep going down or stay flat. And I have very good word that there is strong support at 0. Either way is a problem.

There's no signs of this turning around. There is no good news coming to markets. There's no stopping the slow spiral downward. The market is slammed with bad news tsunamis on a daily basis.

A slow stair-step sell off which we are seeing will ultimately have the same effect, just not in a dramatic fashion as an all out market crash. It'll take us longer to get there, but the end result will be the same. Insolvency for many businesses, bankruptcy as a result, and millions of Americans out of work. Uncle Sam can't bail out everyone, and the world isn't going to continue to bail Uncle Sam out either. They've got their own problems to deal with.

Welcome to the Greater Depression -- unless someone proves that at a Pot of Gold does exist at the end of the rainbow and Unicorns really do exist that can pay for all out needs, wants, and bills.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Is the worst yet to come? Or over Already.

Just the beginning. The implications and after-shocks have yet to be felt.

Dealing with a pandemic, with water and food shortages on top of production slow-downs and the global financial crisis, will make 'now' seem like a walk in the park.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In my view things will get worse. That is what the market is reflecting. However the market ALWAYS starts to head back up before the worst has arrived. I think that with the S&P 500 trading at less than 10 times operating earnings, that stocks are incredibly cheap. They could get even cheaper, but you have to remember that there are 7 billion people in the world that need to eat and take care of themselves. The goverment is spending a ton of money as well.

Another factor is hedge fund payback. They are very unhappy with the tax proposals and are displaying there displeasure by selling stocks (they probably don't own). They are the only ones in the market at this point and they decide which way it goes. Eventually someone will break down and buy stocks at these values which will spur on other buying and lead to a huge short covering rally. I think it is too dangerous to sell stocks at this juncture. The biggest rallies come during the biggest declines.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Not Authorized

Originally posted by Solomons
Do you know why the S&P would fall to 500.I mean is there any external forces that could effect in.Does financing from foreign countries come into the equation?

Treasuries Solomons.

When 50% of our debt is financed and rolled over by other nations, it's the linchpin of the whole grenade.

At this moment, the USA owes about $3 trillion to the foreign investors, which is roughly one third of the whole national debt. But what is the difference between "domestic" investors and "foreign" investors? Do you imply that there are two different kind of Treasury Bills and Bonds -- one for the foreigners and one for the domestic buyers? Hardly so, right?

The whole debt is a time bomb and there is no secret that if the Bretton Woods agreements gets redefined leaving the world less dependable on the global currency called "USD," the US Government will find it much harder to run the ponzi and will default on its foreign obligations first. It happened before in other countries, but their governments didn't collapse as much as an individual facing bankrupcy doesn't fall to the ground.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by stander]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join