It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and a possible Military Industrial Complex conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Possible Threat To Obama's Security Discovered

News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

Target 11 has learned a Cranberry company that monitors peer-to-peer file-sharing networks discovered what it said is a potentially serious security breach involving President Barack Obama’s helicopter.

Tiversa employees found engineering and communications information about Marine One at an IP address in Tehran, Iran.

Bob Boback, CEO of Tiversa, said, ”We found a file containing entire blueprints and avionics package for Marine One,which is the president's helicopter."

The company was able to trace the file back to its original source.

"What appears to be a defense contractor in Bethesda, MD had a file sharing program on one of their systems that also contained highly sensitive blueprints for Marine One," Boback said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Now, isn't it just a little bit of a coincidence that the current Marine One helicopter blueprints and avionics schematics are found on potential enemy systems, just when the president is considering dropping purchase of a new replacement system? This will likely force the purchase of the new system for security reasons.

Seems like a plausible scenario: If you risk loosing a major purchase, leak some information making the current system at risk or obsolete. If necessary, have a low level fall guy.

I am sure that the new system is great, far superior to the current system. However, I am sure that we could have gotten by with the system in use for at least another term or two. The price for the new system did seem to be a bit high for that platform to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It doesn't make any sense when you think about it.

Why would computers that have classified information be linked up to a network that goes outside the company?

This seems planned and deliberate as you say. Doesn't make any sense. Other than to have an excuse to spend 25 billion dollars on new choppers.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Exactly. I think the cost for the new fleet of 28 was more than $11 Billion. That was about $400 Million each. It is hard to make a case for it when the current fleet was doing a fine enough job of presidential transportation. That is until this leak.

join