It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollhouse New Joss Whedon tv show very similar to MK-Ultra mind controll

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
a fairly old documentary by the BBC called the century of the self deals with how PR and modern advertising has created and shaped the world we live in. down to our very fundamental beliefs.

video.google.com ...

this is pretty scary stuff. humans for the most part are sheep in every sense of the word.

I fixed this link for you.

Those gvid tags can be tricky sometimes.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

thanks for that. im not very web savvy.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Kind of is like the pretender, but in a bit more SciFi way....(and in a hotter package)
(at least for us guys).....

It's got a good mesh of characters though...but I'm not sure I like the neighbor being a doll...a bit too much in my opinion....

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

yeah i know what you mean about the neighbor being a doll. i mean by that standard why not brainwipe the fbi guy and be done with it. still goes to show how much power this tech could have. i like how they mention in the fake news report that if this power existed it would be used.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Link again:

video.google.com/videosearch?q=century%20of%20the%20self

I'm not sure what happened.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

yeah i know what you mean about the neighbor being a doll. i mean by that standard why not brainwipe the fbi guy and be done with it. still goes to show how much power this tech could have. i like how they mention in the fake news report that if this power existed it would be used.

The other problem is that this would seemingly be a very long engagement for an active, and this is a far cry from the usual one-night stint. You run the risk of the original programming being highly modified as time goes on.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Oh dear, Ian you and I have he same taste in TV! Now that BSG has ended we need to find another show to banter about. He's cast a BSG actor in this show as I believe BSG was his favourite TV show too.
Dollhouse Im afraid wont be the one for us to banter about though...Like the idea of mind control, but there isn't enough traditional heroes journey story telling in the plot to keep this sustainable for the public.

Im a major Whedoon fan, and think Buffy pretty much changed TV.
Wheddon has said he likes to base stories on strong women because his mother was a strong feminist and imparted these ideologlies to him growing up.

He came up with the idea for Dollhouse over lunch with Eliza where they were talking about how Faith typecast her as the toughie and that he wanted to create a role that show her ability to act (hence she becomes different characters) he went to the loo at lunch and came back with the idea then and there.

Wheddon has written for comic books like xmen as well as his own, including doing his tv stuff. I don't think he created dollhouse because he ran out of ideas and need to use conspiracy stuff, In Buffy and Angel you pretty much get all our topics threaded through his episodes in one way or another.

He said once that he was most like the geek TRIO nemesis characters' Jonathan and the the other 2 (I cant remember their names) in real life.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's dabbled in ATS.

Im going to give Dollhouse another go, just 'cause its Joss.....
and now im a little ashamed I know so much Geek info about wheddon...

[edit on 24-3-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have to admit that this show pretty much caught my interest. Television doesn't do that for me often...

I doubt it'll last though...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I caught last night that Eliza is the Producer, hehe....

Next episode looks crazy....they all seem to "snap out of it"...or something...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
OK so I just watched online the stream of all the eipsodes back to back each night this week, phew! exhausted!

Have changed my mind, the 1st 2 episodes didnt grab me, but now I'm in!
I'm glad they're developng the other characters more, becasue it wouldnt have survived just on Eliza's shoulders not matter how lovely she is.
6 nephews and neices had a sleep over and loved it, just wont tell their parents I let them watch

Zazz

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The episode where the geek gets an active on his birthday....priceless....
(and yet no sex....man...that guy is disturbed....)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just caught the first four episodes from season 2...and just WOW!!

It hit home in many respects.

Joss Whedon rules for taking this subject matter on...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
OK so the lqast 4 episodes have blown my mind, its really getting fantasic, I'm liking the conspiracy and Echos journey to bring down the house so much better than episodes just where we see imprinting going on..
Go Joss!!!!!

And Im gald he's put in lots of Buffy/Firefly/BSG cast.
Clever poppet

And Damn It I just read that Fox the tossers have axed Dollhouse...gaaaah
are they incapable of seeing a great series?
First Firefly, now this.

Murdoch and his crones probably dont want their global mind control scheme to get out. global..

A seriously bothered Zazz.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yep, the DVR numbers kept it going for the last season. I can't believe they axed this, just when it is really reaching it's prime. Maybe it's just too sophisticated for Joe Public? Sad loss. Like so many other of my favorite shows, I can only look forward to collecting what was made, on DVD,...sigh.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It really was getting exceptional lately. He has got to ditch fox once and for all.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Load me up" was a little Matrixish, and the Attic kinda like it was written by the W brothers lol
But I think Im seeing the comic book he will make from this...The Attic minds.

The different worlds people live in and the 2 protagonaists that stayed behind to fight.

Anyhoo.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Definitely got into some weird territory... It was nice to see DeWitt had a plan all along...I was kind of losing any affinity for the character, but she's redeemed now.

Maybe SciFi will pick up the series or something?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Talk about twists!!!!

Is it just one episode left?

Todays episode was as dramatic and plot silly plot twist as Days of our Lives!!!!!

But I loved it

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah, I didn't see THAT one coming!!!
Crazy!

But then, why not simply take out Echo? That's where I'm really having difficulty seeing this. Basically, seems like he created his own worst enemy, himself, and purposefully...at least until they give us another explanation....

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm going to stop reading this thread until I can finally watch the episodes I've missed. I'm debating whether or not to stream them one gloomy day or wait for the DVD set release.

I can't wait...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join