It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Tell Me What I Saw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Okay,

Saturday night, I had to drive to Seoul to take one of my guys there for a job he has to do for the week. It was about 1900 or so and pretty dark outside once we got to Yongsan. We were going to pick up a friend of ours to grab a bite to eat on the way and told him to meet us in a nearby parking lot. Well, after we turned into the parking lot, I noticed a figure near a power line pole and pointed - "There he is." My friend saw "him" too and started toward the pole. The next thing we know, this figure MORPHS into the pole! Or disappeared! or something! At any rate, we were both like what the heck? I asked him if he saw what I saw. He said he did, that was the reason he drove toward the pole.

After we passed the pole there was no one there. The pole is in such a position that there was nowhere for an actual person to hide or walk by and keep going. Nor was there a car directly near this pole. That was arguably my most recent direct experience with the paranormal here in Korea.

Anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This is rather interesting, and I wish not to make light of your observation with my statement here... it's just something kinda similar, only perhaps in nearness or location.

My father, and his friends, while walking through the woods can turn invisible to the casual observer; this is done, I believe, out of an innate desire for survival.

How so? How does this tie in with your post?

My father and his friends are Viet Nam vets.

Now, I am not saying anything about the person you saw, I'm just making a connection to that area of the world...

About the man; were you able to gauge his age? Movements, if any? Facial expressions?

Perhaps there might be something in the details.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The figure we saw was about the same height as my friend - probably about 5'5" or 5'6" - it/he/she was completely dark (it was night outside) - couldn't make out any real distinguishing features - age, gender, etc.

Couldn't even tell what kind of clothes.

Sorry - wish I had more.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

it sounds similar to the "shadow people" described at haunted houses. Maybe it just realised you could see it and it just vanished, or moved dimensions!?!? i wish you had video!!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I swear to you and all that is sacred if I had some kind of recording device at the time, I would have shot what I could - lol.

That was really one of those rare occurrences you always hear about but never expect to be you.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

oh i dont doubt you. it definately could have been a shadow person. i just "wish" in my mind that i could see it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It could have been an optical illusion.
People have many hallucinations in there lifetimes.
They are very common and there doesn't have to be anything wrong with you either.
Search Hallucinations or Optical Illusions.
You might be surprised how common it is.
The human eye has evolved over many thousands of years.
It is still not yet perfect.
Once we didn't need eyes at all.
What did we use then?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I totally agree with you and had another person and I not seen this at the same exact time, I would have probably brushed it off as such.

To the other guy - I thought of something while I was in the shower - we had cell phones w/ cameras but the thing is - this figure was so "real" - we thought it was our friend. lol - we were just acting like we normally would. We drove toward it and as we approached, it walked "into" the pole and was gone.

Creepy as hell.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was in the military a few years ago and walked into a room looking for a particular man that worked there. This man had been in Vietnam. I walked into the room but didn't see anybody. I sensed that somebody was there though so I kept looking around. I stood there looking around for a few minutes until suddenly I caught movement a few feet away from me. Suddenly this man's face appeared out of nowhere. Mind you, we were both in the military so we were wearing BDUs. His clothes naturally camouflaged him. But what spooked me was that this man had been right in front of me and I hadn't even seen him. He just materialized before my eyes. I naturally want to blame it on the camouflage but I'm not convinced that there wasn't something more to it. He was a few feet away from my face in an office that contained no greens or browns for his bdu's to blend with.

I read articles in the past about how special ops and other such operatives are able to blend into their environments. Apparently, some people are trained on how to become one with the environment with the clothes that they wear, as well as, body posturing and movements. Perhaps your man did blend into the pole.

Besides that though, this is interesting:

[edit on 1-3-2009 by checkers]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

top topics

join