It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before 9-11? Get a Clue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Are we all that selfish and ignorant that no one thought an attack on American soil was possible before 9-11? Its become such a cliche. "Oh before 9-11 I never thought that America would be attacked!", what world are you living in? I mean were you either A. Over confidant in our supremity or B. Too dumb to pay attention to history and current affairs. So much of the 9-11 world has become cliched, but its this statement that really irks me. 9-11 was tragic granted but it wasnt like Aliens set down on D.C and razed everything to the ground. The mode of attack was unique but the idea of an Islamic radical attacking a symbol of prosperity isnt something I hadnt worried about leading up to September. Were a country who supports a volatile and sometimes rogue state wage war on an equally volatile and rogue group of people. Were a country that is primarily still rooted in our Puritan Christian backgrounds. Were a country of McDonalds and obesity. Were a country who has the leading edge in almost every field. Now why wouldnt someone be irked by this complacent supremacy. 93 was the prelude, the 98 embassies the intro, the averted Millenium bombing was the middle, and 9-11 was the conclusion. Anyone who considers themselves "an open minded conspiracy theorist" is a hypocritical arse if they utter the words "well before 9-11". The goal is to deny ignorance people, and when you rule out a certain probability your welcoming ignorance. Now Im not gonna delve into the sordid and sometimes trivial conspiracies surrounding who really attacked us but the same holds true for them. It shouldnt have been totally unseeable that the president might have an ulteriror motive, everyone does. It is improbable that Israel may have carried on with its aggressive mindset. If I read a post and someone goes, well before 9-11, I stop reading. It just irks me so much that people can be so complacent and then turn around and try to act like they are the final authority on every conspiracy. I think Im done for now. Now its on to robojesus.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
wow, totally original. I only heard this about 10,000 times already.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle
wow, totally original. I only heard this about 10,000 times already.

Hey its my rant of the day. I just read someones post that said that and it sent me off in a preaching mode. Sorry if I dont comb everyones speech for this sentiment.

join