It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence needed for no conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What kind of evidence would you need to NOT believe in goverment conspiracy considering UFO's and extraterrestial life? It came into my mind that surely it must be possible to gather enough evidence to show that there is none.

My own point of view is that not a single individual or goverment actually knows what's going on, and that is why some things are kept secret. We just do not have any answers to give for the public to know. Its quite simple logic, actually, if you read some sociology you'll understand.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You'd probably need a time machine to convince me.

Sorry but they lost me at first use of the explanation "swamp gas".

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What's to say that there are even conspiracies? In a murder trial, you need a body to prove a murder... shouldn't the same hold true here? If there is no proof, then there is nothing.

At times I wonder why I believe in what I do... honestly. Just trying to imagine all the people one would have to keep quite, including immediate family; kids talk, friends talk. Ever been to a bar?

All of us here have seen the news links, or saw televised events where the experts have said "we just don't know".

So why is there even a conspiracy? Why would one even think that there is?

The logistics of keeping something quite, while maintaining a cover story, for DECADES if not CENTURIES is staggering.

Having ideas and theories, fine. That's something that can be argued and adjusted. But a conspiracy, on a massive global scale... on things ranging from the every day to the most ancient, to even things outside of our known reality.

Ugg.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Government procedure itself indicates they are hiding something.

Several presidents including Carter and Clinton wanted access to secret UFO-related files but were denied because their security clearance wasn't high enough; they didn't 'need to know'.

Wait a sec... Isn't the President the leader of the US? Shouldn't he be as high as they go? Apparently not.

So until they stop hiding things related to UFOs and Aliens, they are themselves providing ammunition for UFO believers to work with.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
What's to say that there are even conspiracies? In a murder trial, you need a body to prove a murder... shouldn't the same hold true here? If there is no proof, then there is nothing.

That is to protect the innocent from being convicted for something they didn't do. But even then, there have been a few murder cases where no body was found. Think about covert ops. We don't know about them, but that doesn't mean they don't happen. We might not know what's happening on some planet 1000 light years away, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I'm not 100% certain what the government knows about UFOs. But I don't think it would be too hard for them to keep it a secret (though there would maybe be a challenge here and there). Do we know what goes on at Area 51, aliens or not? No. We don't have information about those projects. It's extremely compartmentalized. Even the people working there usually do not have access to projects other than their own. When someone says his father worked at Area 51 and said there are no aliens, then it doesn't mean much. There could very well be alien technology under research and he wouldn't know if it isn't his project. Or not.... but it's a possibility.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Agreed. All I am trying to get at is that sometimes one has to take a step back, and just look at things from a logical point of view... like a thread going around right now, where the OP was wondering about a streetlamp being labeled as UFO on a youtube video... and excepting that as proof. Or how shadows on a rock means there's proof of Life on Mars. Or, because the government doesn't have more manned trips to the moon means we made a deal with aliens to stay off their lawn.

Anyone can find a conspiracy anywhere... but man, have something to back up the claims. Don't use a lock of evidence as support; that's just bass-ackwards.

I like conspiracies. However, I like proof first and foremost, which goes back to the original post here. How many times can various agencies and departments and people in the know say something before people will listen?

We tend to breed our own fears here...

new topics

top topics

join