It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Corectness and Mind Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Is it just me or are we as a people allowing ourselves to be dictated to too much? This is a personal opinion and not singling out any one or any group. I am tired of being told what to say, what to think, how to believe and what I should teach my children morally.

I have been told that I am a bigot because I don't believe my eight year old or any eight year old has any business knowing about sexual orientation. That should be left between consenting adults and taken out of the public eye. The thought that young children should need to know details of what should be kept behind bedroom doors is very troubling to me. I don't want to know about the sex lives of others why should my child be exposed to it or anyone's child be exposed to it for that matter? In a county (or province maybe) in England a place I think called Kent (sorry I was listening to talk radio in the kitchen one daywhen this topic came up I didn't get all the details of where precisely) a business is sponsering an essay contest for eight to ten year olds about sexual orientation and what it means to them.
OMG did I hear that right?!
Oh yes! It is true little kids are to write an essay on something they shouldn't even know about. I mean how many of you out there are parents of young children or grand-children and how comfortable are you discussing other people's sex lives with them or your own sex life for that matter? I'm not, and I don't see that as a bad thing.
Also I am sick and tired of the PC police trying to tell us to say season's greetings and changing our childrens Christmas holidays to winter holidays or winter concert or Spring break instead of Easter break (unless you don't get holidays at the same time as Easter.) Where middle class white people are frowned upon and suppressed and made to feel guilty for working hard and trying to survive in an increasingly hostile world. Why in countries that are supposedly democratic where majority rules are we being continuously dictated to by minorities? I am honestly not talking about hate. I don't hate anyone it is too much time and energy even if they get me really p.o'ed. What I am talking about is freedom of speech and expression and how one man's liberty so quickly becomes slavery and dictatorship for others. If I were to hate it would be to hate the systematic dismantling of freedom of thought and being able to publicly voice an opinion.
I don't have an issue getting along with others if they don't have an issue getting along with me. Unfortuneately alot of those individuals under the protective wings of the PC are the very worst kinds of bigots I have ever come across. Why is it the PC police do not do more to muzzle them?

Another thing I would like to know is just who are the PC police? They seem to be everywhere but where do they stem from? Disgruntled minorities? Over-compensating bleeding heart liberals? NWO? Who are they and by what right do they tell us how to think and act and believe and what to say and more importantly why do we submit so nicely to their self-proclaimed authority? When do we draw the line in the sand and say "this far and no farther"? When do we stand up for truth and personal freedom over being a mindless drone in a world run by nameless faceless lifeless dilberts?

I want to know. Don't you?

Cheers,

Lola

[edit on 28-2-2009 by lola322]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The pursuit of schools is to present exhaustive programs that will condition kids to think alike, within the acceptable boundaries of the truths they dictate to us. I don't think the danger of what you speak of is so much in the content of what's being taught as in the socialization process of unquestingly accepting what your given, which mostly all schooled people evnetually do, except the rejects. Some will always b**** about how unfair the "system" is but in the end they are happy to go along with it. From high school to college to work, it's all the same structure more or less, something one must accept or be an outcast, be the lowest of society.

It's like Chomsky said to the British news reporter:

-not exact quotes-
Reporter: (Confusedly) So your saying I purposefully report contrary to my beliefs to keep this job??

Chomsky: No, I'm sure you don't consciously go against your beliefs. What I'm saying is, if you didn't believe what you do you wouldn't be sitting here.

These people at the top, the opinion makers, aren't nessesarily stupid or evil, simply with an agenda to decieve us. Rather, they have been taught from an early age to accept everything they're given, to believe what the 'party' believes. And in a way there's the mind control which Chomsky talkes about better than anyone.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by djr33222]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lola322 What I am talking about is freedom of speech and expression and how one man's liberty so quickly becomes slavery and dictatorship for others. If I were to hate it would be to hate the systematic dismantling of freedom of thought and being able to publicly voice an opinion.

Lola, You see your hypocrisy here don't you? Here you are on a public forum complaining about the dismantling of freedom of thought and being able to publicly voice your opinion.

I hear you as do a million other ATS members and God only knows how many lurkers.

In actuality, the www. has made you more free to express yourself than ever before with a huge audience. Start a blog, pass out pamphlets, stand on a damn soapbox in the town square. Just who in the hell is going to stop you from speaking your mind? Not me!!

I think I see what you are doing here. Do you Listen to Rush by any chance?

I'll bet my pink slip against yours, that you seldom miss Mr. Limbaugh.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
But why are people so eager to shut up and shuffle along? Why are we such bloody zombies? At what point do we stand up and say NO! I will not submit!
As a group people are worse than sheep. I swear this is what makes me believe in a higher power more than anything else the fact that people are so fundamentality stupid someone or something has had to help us along to get this far. Of course then I have to wonder about that beings objective after all sheep are only good for two things being eaten or fleeced. But I digress....

Why do we allow ourselves to be dictated to rather than think for ourselves? Why do we cheer the dictator in hopes for freedom for all? It cannot does not work that way.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Why do you get up and go to work in the morning? Why are you forced to work paycheck to paychecK? Why is your child's education crap?

Because TPTB will it, therefore it is done. We are complacent because we were taught to be, it's molded within us.

I've had the same problems with attempting to raise my kids without the media and public bias, struggled with it for a while, until I realized that nomatter what they were doing or watching, i was still the biggest influence in they're lives.

We are creatures of habit, and we will most gratefully give up our freedoms for a life a little easier, a little less work to be done and everybody smiles.

Like sheep to the slaughter.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lola322
Why do we allow ourselves to be dictated to rather than think for ourselves? Why do we cheer the dictator in hopes for freedom for all? It cannot does not work that way.

This is an I hate Obama thread isn't it? "Dictator" what dictator?

I see you are new here. Welcome!! Spit it out, get it off your chest, express yourself any way you chose but please don't be a whining crybaby when you encounter those that believe differently than you.

BTW, I'm expressing myself here in thinking you are a rightwing nut, putting out more conservative propaganda ala Rush and Sean. I'm not
letting myself be dictated to by you or anyone else. Again, welcome!!

Here as in other forums....

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What so many people fail to realize or recognize is the truth that as members of society, one man's 'freedom' will always equal another man's 'slavery'. Living within a society, and therefore reaping its benefits, means giving from one hand to receive with the other. Those who wish to practice the idea of 'limitless' freedom should seek it outside of society. That's the only place you're going to find it.

Now I agree with you to an extent and I realize that the ultimate ideal is to achieve a balance that grants as much freedom as possible will limiting the sacrifices we make to as little as possible. But if you'd like to complain about losing your right to be insensitive to people, then I'm afraid disagreement is generally all I can give in return, especially when you are crying out for others to be sensitive to you. So, on the other hand, people also need to learn about not being so sensitive and so easily offended.

As for the specific issue of sexual orientation, I would generally agree with you. Teaching children tolerance doesn't necessarily require that they know particular details. Though your desire to keep it hidden doesn't quite solve the problem either. In that case, I hope you refrain from showing affection to your significant other around your children, otherwise you're breaking your own rule. And if you aren't comfortable talking to them about sex, who do you expect will be? If you don't want the government raising your child, you need to be sure to raise them yourself.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here is some input on this from Clint Eastwood this last week.

in.news.yahoo.com... inks-political-correctnes.html

Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless

Fri, Feb 27 01:15 PM

London, February 27 (ANI): Acting legend Clint Eastwood , 79, apparently believes that political correctness has rendered modern society humourless, for he accuses younger generations of spending too much time trying to avoid being offensive.

The Dirty Harry star insists that he should be able to tell harmless jokes about nationality without fearing that people may brand him "a racist".

"People have lost their sense of humour. In former times we constantly made jokes about different races. You can only tell them today with one hand over your mouth or you will be insulted as a racist," the Daily Express quoted him as saying.

"I find that ridiculous. In those earlier days every friendly clique had a 'Sam the Jew' or 'Jose the Mexican' - but we didn't think anything of it or have a racist thought. It was just normal that we made jokes based on our nationality or ethnicity. That was never a problem. I don't want to be politically correct.

We're all spending too much time and energy trying to be politically correct about everything," he added. (ANI)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is great!
Thank you for the welcome, yes I am new here and no I am not a right winged nut and I am not American and honestly all politicians are equally corrupt no matter who they are or what they promise. The dictator is not A person in specific it is the unoficial pc police. It is people who can't be bothered to be stir themselves while they're rights and freedoms are taken away bit by bit piece by piece. I hold nothing against any particular group but merely wonder why we are so much sheep as a society that we tip toe around controversial topics because we might be censored or offend someone. I was banned from a group last year because I didn't like the fact that the mods were okay with a teenage girl discussing her bi-sexuality on what was supposed to be a family board and it was in their own group by-laws that there was to be no sexual content because it was open to all ages. It is the fact that it is okay for there to be a colledge fund for black kids exclusively and exclusive colledges for certain ethnic groups but if there was one strictly for white kids that would be racist. It's the fact that if I hand out propoganda trying to ban gay pride week parades I'd be called a bigot, censored and possibly charged with hate propoganda when really I just want it off the streets and back in the bedroom where it belongs not being pushed at me or at children in public. It's the fact that pc zealots are not content with simply teaching children to be polite and respectful to everyone but that they bring big blazing banners out on how to speak what to think and how to be it is that too few people care enough to see what is happening and where it is leading us all and even fewer have the guts to stand up and say "this far and no farther" you do not speak for me, you do not think for me, I do not bow to you. It is as said people are too comfortable and as long as it is not too inconvenient they are too willing to be led like lambs to the slaughter smiling all the way. I get so frustrated with it all.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So, you take offense or exception to a gay pride parade being held on public property, which every taxpayer contributes to the maintenance of including gays and straights, and wish that sensitivity to be valued and accepted.

While at the same time lamenting the sensitivity of others as impinging on your right to express yourself freely.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Step One: Induce fear that whatever one says might be misconstrued as an insult.

Step Two: Further confuse and obscure the matter by making it a "nationwide talking point" under the guise of being a humanitarian issue.

Step Three : Indoctrinate the youth while the adults fight over the details.

Step Four : Watch as the majority of the slave generations become completely unable to effectively communicate with anyone outside of their own demographic and mindset for lack of tolerance of expression.

Step Five: PROFIT from the language barrier.

In other words:

Out with the old and in with the NEWSPEAK.

Welcome to the future.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
"What so many people fail to realize or recognize is the truth that as members of society, one man's 'freedom' will always equal another man's 'slavery'. Living within a society, and therefore reaping its benefits, means giving from one hand to receive with the other. Those who wish to practice the idea of 'limitless' freedom should seek it outside of society. That's the only place you're going to find it."

You are very likely right.

"Now I agree with you to an extent and I realize that the ultimate ideal is to achieve a balance that grants as much freedom as possible will limiting the sacrifices we make to as little as possible. But if you'd like to complain about losing your right to be insensitive to people, then I'm afraid disagreement is generally all I can give in return, especially when you are crying out for others to be sensitive to you. So, on the other hand, people also need to learn about not being so sensitive and so easily offended."

I try not to be insensitive to others. I do not believe however that asking for balance and equality for all is unreasonable. There are special priveledges the gov't gives to certain ethnic groups that others don't get like free health care and colledge funds etc but the more these ethnic groups whine for equality the more incensed I get because I have to pay for my kids and myself and my spouse. Most middle class people don't get breaks, but these ethnic groups do and they whine for more equality but they don't really want equality they just want more. And I do agree that people need to be less sensitive but they shouldn't be sheep either.

"As for the specific issue of sexual orientation, I would generally agree with you. Teaching children tolerance doesn't necessarily require that they know particular details. Though your desire to keep it hidden doesn't quite solve the problem either. In that case, I hope you refrain from showing affection to your significant other around your children, otherwise you're breaking your own rule. And if you aren't comfortable talking to them about sex, who do you expect will be? If you don't want the government raising your child, you need to be sure to raise them yourself."

I don't mean to keep general affection hidden but by the term "gay" it defines sexuality. If my young child were to come to me and say Suzie has two moms or two dads living together and why is that I'd tell them that is just the way their family works however if my seven or eight year old asks me what bi-sexual or homosexual or lesbien is then I become uncomfortable because how much does s/he need to know at this age? And why is the media making such a big hoopla about it? Why should anyone else but the people directly involved in the relationship care about who sleeps in whose bed much less have big splashy parades about it?

The gov't doesn't raise my children I do. I am a homeschooler.

cheers,

Lola

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

So, you take offense or exception to a gay pride parade being held on public property, which every taxpayer contributes to the maintenance of including gays and straights, and wish that sensitivity to be valued and accepted.

While at the same time lamenting the sensitivity of others as impinging on your right to express yourself freely.

Yes I do because there is a double standard at work. Not by me either. They can call it bigotry if people complain but they are free to exploit themselves and I am against public exploitation of what should be private and personal and sex just doesn't get anymore personal.

If you want to express yourself write a poem or a book or do an abstract painting or anything that can be brought to the public in a way that is not going to infringe on anyone that doesn't want to see it. The art can be in a gallery the book or poem can be read or not read by those who don't want to know or don't care to read it a movie can be watched or not watched but if is being payed for by tax payers then it is paid for by me too and I don't want that on the street. Hold hands, hug even walk with your arms around each other I don't care but to have a parade about your sexual orientation is ...crass. And honestly in my opinion it cheapens something that should be intensely private and beautiful. Perhaps I am old fashioned but sex should be an expression of love between two people it should be kept private whether you are gay or straight no matter if you're bi or trans... I don't care what you have going on in your sex life; that should be between consenting adults and not open for public viewing.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Most middle class people don't get breaks, but these ethnic groups do and they whine for more equality but they don't really want equality they just want more. And I do agree that people need to be less sensitive but they shouldn't be sheep either.

Btw, I'm in the US, so the may be some disparity in our experiences

I agree with you. The middle class, seemingly by virtue of being in the middle, seems to have the greatest strain placed on it to pass both up and down. I can also say, having gown up in an area that was predominantly white, and predominantly poor, that seeing ads on television for the UNCF made me question where I was going to get help from.

What I would personally like to see would be a removal of ethnicity from the issue. It is certainly true that the largest percentage of poor in the US are from particular ethnic groups, but what does that matter? If racism plays a role in their position in society, I would accuse the same who pass down their welfare checks, not the common people who, I find, generally could care less about the color of a person's skin until the issue is made otherwise.

I think in fact there could be an entire discussion on how governments perpetuate a sort of 'reverse psychology' brand of racism. Regardless if it's intentional or not, it does feed a victim mentality that is unhealthy and unproductive. It isn't about race but rather means to me. And it wouldn't likely be an issue at all if we didn't live in a society where one's value has little to with contribution and so much to do with perpetuated status. Does a banker really deserve a multi-million dollar bonus while a construction worker gets nothing for his bonus? Who really contributes more to society? At least that's the way I see it.

I don't know if it's unreasonable to expect or strive for balance and equality for everyone, but it is difficult. And made more so by those who claim to be above us all. I think personally it's time to shift focus.

Why should anyone else but the people directly involved in the relationship care about who sleeps in whose bed much less have big splashy parades about it?

I agree with you to an extent, though I can't say I'm willing to deny someone their right, regardless of intent, if what they are doing is not doing direct harm to the public at large. It may put some of us out of our way, but to me that is part of the price of living in society.

As for children, what you tell them is obviously up to you, and your right. I have no place in that and likely went in a bad direction with some of my response. I've just always advocated openness and find children fairly accepting of the idea that some people are simply different.

The gov't doesn't raise my children I do. I am a homeschooler.

And to that I sincerely say, Bravo.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Step One: Induce fear that whatever one says might be misconstrued as an insult.

Step Two: Further confuse and obscure the matter by making it a "nationwide talking point" under the guise of being a humanitarian issue.

Step Three : Indoctrinate the youth while the adults fight over the details.

Step Four : Watch as the majority of the slave generations become completely unable to effectively communicate with anyone outside of their own demographic and mindset for lack of tolerance of expression.

Step Five: PROFIT from the language barrier.

In other words:

Out with the old and in with the NEWSPEAK.

Welcome to the future.

Ah but do we have to go quietly into the night or can we kick and scream and put up a good fight?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Btw, I'm in the US, so the may be some disparity in our experiences

I'm Canadian

I agree with you. The middle class, seemingly by virtue of being in the middle, seems to have the greatest strain placed on it to pass both up and down. I can also say, having gown up in an area that was predominantly white, and predominantly poor, that seeing ads on television for the UNCF made me question where I was going to get help from.

Grew up in a mixed ethnicity area.

What I would personally like to see would be a removal of ethnicity from the issue. It is certainly true that the largest percentage of poor in the US are from particular ethnic groups, but what does that matter? If racism plays a role in their position in society, I would accuse the same who pass down their welfare checks, not the common people who, I find, generally could care less about the color of a person's skin until the issue is made otherwise.

I agree! Unfortuneately I find so many of them make a bigger deal of it than there should be. I want to ask them why their skin color makes them think they are anymore or less special than anyone else. And the big whigs are just as bad but they i find don't discriminate they want to keep everyone poor and stupid so they can rake in the tax dollars unaccounted for.

I think in fact there could be an entire discussion on how governments perpetuate a sort of 'reverse psychology' brand of racism. Regardless if it's intentional or not, it does feed a victim mentality that is unhealthy and unproductive. It isn't about race but rather means to me. And it wouldn't likely be an issue at all if we didn't live in a society where one's value has little to with contribution and so much to do with perpetuated status. Does a banker really deserve a multi-million dollar bonus while a construction worker gets nothing for his bonus? Who really contributes more to society? At least that's the way I see it.

A banker/ politician/ceo who gets that for little effort ought to be shot especially when they pay most of their workers who do the real work minimum wage or slightly better.

I don't know if it's unreasonable to expect or strive for balance and equality for everyone, but it is difficult. And made more so by those who claim to be above us all. I think personally it's time to shift focus.

Truly. However nothing worth having comes easy.

I agree with you to an extent, though I can't say I'm willing to deny someone their right, regardless of intent, if what they are doing is not doing direct harm to the public at large. It may put some of us out of our way, but to me that is part of the price of living in society.

Yes but it is always having to give up or give way or give in that perpetuates the pc propoganda and slowly strips the rights of everyone else of their rights.

As for children, what you tell them is obviously up to you, and your right. I have no place in that and likely went in a bad direction with some of my response. I've just always advocated openness and find children fairly accepting of the idea that some people are simply different.

No offece taken at all and I do try to be open but there is a lot of TMI in the world today and I find that pc propoganda is one of the worst offenders.

And to that I sincerely say, Bravo.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and welcome to ATS

Thank you very much for talking with me Timetraveller I have quite enjoyed it and thank you also for your nice comments.

lola

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Being "politically correct" is a mask for censorship. As for "mind control", be thankful that you have a mind for them to control.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Lola -

You are, of course, free to do as you wish.

That's the beauty of the entire system.

You don't HAVE to play the game on their terms.

*edit to identify for whom post was intended.

[edit on 2/28/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I think I see what you are doing here. Do you Listen to Rush by any chance?

The Music group?

I'll bet my pink slip against yours, that you seldom miss Mr. Limbaugh.
Who is that

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

I agree!!! (Hi GE!)

@ lola-

See, out in public, I enjoy being politically incorrect, when the situation presents itself in a manner that won't disrupt too many lives.

Around my friends, I'm me. Relaxed and not too worried at all what I say..

Around aquaintences, I'll be politically incorrect just for the shock value. Get to know and love the Murph for who he is, ya know? Raunchy, crass, Irish, a pot smoker, a non-drinker, lover of big boobs, dispiser of all the hispanic gangs in the town next to us and so on, and so on.

Around people who are just meeting me, I'll employ my sense of "Manners".
Mom taught me manners, school didn't.
Mom taught me not to be a bully, school didn't.
My dad and brothers taught me how to stand up for mom, my sisters and the guys who might need a friend at their shoulder when they face a bigger, meaner, badder opponent. School didn't
My experiences employing the things I learned has taught me that it feels good to be myself and to teach my step-daughter to be herself. I am fully capable of going correct or incorrect. It's my choice to travel the corresponding path though. And it's my responsability to shoulder the consequenses of my choice. Not anyone elses. If my non-PCness gets a lot of people jumping on my views, it's my fault for voicing them in a PC atmosphere.

PC is your interpretation. Not a set of rules. If more people think something is politically correct, does that mean you have to abide by those standards? No. Period. It's a choice.

One of my best friends, a man, likes to dress up as a girl.
I tell him, and anyone who inquires, that he is the ugliest chick I have ever seen.
I don't tell him to stop being a t-girl.
I do tell him he is the UGLIEST chick I've ever seen.

He really is.

But, he's my buddy and I'd fight by his side if he got jumped as a freak on the street.
I'd fight and die for the ugly dude-chick that is my friend.
My other friend, the t-girl friend's girlfriend (a real girl!) would be there, fists up too.
So would our Mormon friend.
Not because we like looking at him like that. (believe me!
)
Because PCness doesn't give two craps about getting your back.
But my part-time femme friend would whip off his flaming red wig and help me out. Fists up.

Ignore PC and just be a good person. Right?

Call it whatever, but, remember that the decisions we make, dictate the life we lead.
You make the decision in the end.

I've talked too much, I'll shaddup now.
Cuhail

top topics

<<   2 >>

join