It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranoid much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Considering the nature of the subject matter we discuss, I was wondering how paranoid that people believed themselves to be and how it affects your lives. I would have to admit that I am on the extreme end of that meter. I wouldn�t consider myself nuts or anything, but with the state of the world the way that it is one needs to be aware of things as much as possible so as to prepare themselves for the possible. Paranoid or Aware? I suppose that it all depends on your viewpoint. I would consider myself more aware then paranoid, but some that know me would disagree. How about you?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I want to know what Government Agency put Jonna up to this!

Seriously though I don't consider myself paranoid, but I certainly don't like signing petitions because I think giving my address, phone number and signature to some random person on the street with a clip board is really not a good idea in these days of identity fraud.

Had to call 911 a few months ago they asked for my name and I didn't want to tell them.

When I first got into studying the paranormal and conspiracies and such I would jump at shadows, but now not so much.

Then again, I've never trusted the government so it's hard to gauge if I've become more or less paranoid.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have found when I am paranoid about something there is a bloody good reason for it. ignorance is bliss if you are weak and can escape the paranoia that goes with awareness.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well, I'm definatly UBER paranoid for about 4 hours every night, if ya get my drift
However, in my regular life, I don't really think these huge looming dooming threats lie over us. I'm aware, and I try to find out what those who are paranoid are thinking, but...well, what do I have to fear? Nothing can be done to my physical body that will effect me eternally. So no, I'm not very paranoid. As far as how that affects me in life, people here at ATS often find it very threatening, to have their theories questioned, and can become hostile towards me. This hasn't happened lately, but before my sabbatical Pupp and TheNeo reacted this way to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Much? compared to what?
I've always been looking over my shoulder (figuratively and literally) for as long as I can remember. I feel like people are always looking at me or for me....when i was kid, I thought it was ghosts and monsters after me, now there are just so many more options beside the ghosts/monsters for me to choose from...so i can't help but to be paranoid.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I love how others can judge another as paranoid when they dont know the entire story. Idoits love to gossip about what they dont know/understand, too much gossiping can make the victim of it uneasy.

Of course hits of green sticky stuff and a flash of lightning can make anyone paranoid if they see it.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't know if you would call it paranoid but when someone says something I'm usually wondering "what are they really saying." Not casual conversation.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yes. I'm paranoid, but that doesn't mean they're not out to get me...

on a more serious note, hypervigilance is yarr. If we weren't skeptical of what we were told, we'd jsut be sheep. Paranoia should be a badge, not an impairment.

DE

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"If we weren't skeptical of what we were told, we'd jsut be sheep. Paranoia should be a badge, not an impairment."

Well said Deus. You could be a writer, oh wait, you are.

Ps, good luck tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Why are you asking this?

...Just kiding

How paranoid am I? Actualy less than I used to be before I came to ATS. I used to be very, very paranoid and I was scared to look for conspiracy information online. I was scared that I could get in trouble or something if I got involved with that kind of stuff. Since joining ATS I don't fell that paranoid anymore because I know there is a comunity here were we can share our info and we know we're not alone against "them". I think what scared me most was not knowing what was going on, denying ignorance helped me deal with that fear. Even if we don't know for sure what is going on at least we can at least speculate about the possibilities.

I used to think it was only me (and Holywood) thinking up those conspiracy scenarios. Now I know I'm not alone so I'm not as paranoid as I used to be even if I know more scary stuff. I'm still very concerned, more than before but I can keep a cool head now unlike before where I was very paranoid.

Thinking I'm alone was the bigest contributor to paranoia. I know that if I try to resist something like the chip, I won't be alone Before ATS, I used to think that I would be only one of a few people resisting and that other people would jus say that I'm not being mature, that I'm just overreacting and to "Stop acting like a five year old and get with the program".

Denying ingnorance has given me courage. In a way you could say that I'm paranoid but with a lot less fear and more courage and a plan of action in the event of something bad hapening with the government instead of hiding under my bed praying the troopers don't take me away to some camp never to be heard of again or kill me and make it look like a suicide.

Seeing ignorance in others also adds to paranoia, spreading the word is the best way to help yourself if you're overly paranoid, get it out in the open.

Just knowing that so many other people are aware that strange things are going on in the governent or otherwise can give you a lot of courage.

Denying ignorance every day,

.:Ranger:. oxxx[=======>

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I spend a lot of time just mouthing off little trivial conspiracy theories or facts with non theorists and they all are like "seriously?!" so some think me paranoid but I dont take any extra precautions except for not putting to much of my own thought online for fear of it being exploited.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
my answer would be subjective & therefore open to intrepretation, right?

Hard to say.....

Before 9/11, I never thought we could be attacked on American soil, and that we had too many "failsafe(s)" for that to happen.

Now? My doctor had to give me TWO different Rx's for Cipro for a Lung Virus that wouldn't go away in March, and I am wondering "Are WE Experimenting With Bad Bugs, Or Are They?".

Gotta wonder, you know?

new topics

top topics

join