It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Programmable, Morphing Matter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The applications for this sort of thing are incredible. If this material is perfected and became mainstream I feel our quality of life would increase dramatically. Imagine a car, that literally converts to a block of matter when it's parked, optimizing space. When you crash your car, it simply repairs itself. A comfortable shirt that converts to a three piece suit. It's just mindblowing.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

The only problem with this is, there must be some source where the material will get the information about shapes, colors etc, on the video it seems as if it was possible to use your hands to change the shape, but i think that goes way too much into fantasy.

I think it would have to be pre-programmed into the objects what they can turn into, otherwise, i don't see how it could turn into anything else than what it is.

I mean, matter can change form, but you can't create matter from nothing, there must be a source, and then that matter has specific properties that i don't think could be changed that easily.

This is like something taken out of a scifi movie, and it looks great, it would be awesome if some day matter can be handled like in the video, but i just don't see that coming soon, sadly

Anyway, great find!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So they didn't actually show us anything, I want to see a product, I can speculate about nanobots that change your dna on the fly doesn't make it real.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow!
It makes you wonder - alien technology possibly?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

lol, think of the malfunction possibilities, driving around in your new car at 90MPH then it screws up and turns into a fish tank.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Looks good, but unfortunatly it looks very CGI'd. Not sur I cane take the technology seriously atm

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Terminator T. 2000.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
lol, think of the malfunction possibilities, driving around in your new car at 90MPH then it screws up and turns into a fish tank.

Oh my god, I broke out laughing at that comment... thanks, I needed that.

I had an image in my head of a car folding up before you can get out. lol. Splat.
It would be like sitting in a transformer while it's transforming... squish, splat, crack, and chunky tomato soup.

It's certainly a futuristic thought, but we haven't gotten nanotech that far advanced yet. One day, sure... but not yet. You'll have to keep waiting boys and girls.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Jaimaican Coffe, Double Strong, Double Sweet. As Quoted by Miles O'Brien, Star Trek DS9.

It's 15 years away folks, yet it will cost a fortune until 2020. The Star Trek Replicator.

-ADHD

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

If you want to see this material on video it is available on ATS and disclosetv under username debris765nju. It is alive and intelligent, it is also present throughout the Universe.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Jaimaican Coffe, Double Strong, Double Sweet. As Quoted by Miles O'Brien, Star Trek DS9.

It's 15 years away folks, yet it will cost a fortune until 2020. The Star Trek Replicator.

-ADHD

2020 is less than 15 years away...

Also, I laughed out loud at the car turning into a fishtank comment. AT first, the video made me think, 'Wow! thats so incredible!' but thinking more and more about it i think there are more important things we should focus our scientists and engineers on for now.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think the thing I find most interesting about this idea, is that it can be applied to many useful things. Consider this scenario:

If in the future we create a system to 'download' our brains into a virtual setting, our consciousness could be the programming for this matter. Potentially, we could still retain some sense of a being even after your physical body has deteriorated.

Could you imagine, if we could speak with Founding fathers personally, to ask them what they meant when they wrote "X". I realize we can't do this with our founding fathers, but the influential people alive today may want to be questioned in 200 years.

[edit on 3.4.2009 by Avarus]

new topics

top topics

join