It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chomsky: Humanity's survival 'by no means a sure thing'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Raw Story

Chomsky gives a grave warning and reminds us all vulnerable we really are!

Hegemony or Survival

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Big thank you Leo Strauss for posting this .....

Noam Chomsky is such an interesting man, and his grasp of dates/figures for events etc. off the top of his head, is second to none.
Not as popular in the U.S.A as he is abroad , but i suppose that is somewhat understandable .
This is the first thread i`ve seen here on ATS about the man , something which i always thought strange .

The man will be sorely missed one day .

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Big thank you Leo Strauss for posting this .....

Noam Chomsky is such an interesting man, and his grasp of dates/figures for events etc. off the top of his head, is second to none.
Not as popular in the U.S.A as he is abroad , but i suppose that is somewhat understandable .
This is the first thread i`ve seen here on ATS about the man , something which i always thought strange .

The man will be sorely missed one day .

At my University I have been explicitly told not to reference him as he is a crack pot. Absolutely gob smacked at that and lost all respect- that University WESTMINSTER UNIVERSITY EVERYONE.

His work on media is invaluable, manufacturing consent.

I would also recommend John Pilger, Ralston Saul, Edward Said, A.C. Grayling, Girrard ....oh wait, the list is endless.

Read CHOMPSKY.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

There is one here and it is well worth a read;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Thanks for linking that ATS Chomsky thread , some interesting stuff with people providing sources for their claims...(always nice).
I`ve watched (at least :lol
a dozen and a half Chomsky videos and have read a quater of Manufacturing Consent
....slow and steady so far .

His commentary on 911- seems to be what sticks in the throat of most who find fault with him.
I need to do more reading to be honest , there is more to this than labeling the man a "shill" and moving on, Kilgore i noticed you avoided this temptation...
well done for choosing the path less taken .i.e a bit of research.

Audas;
Thanks for the reading suggestions , other than John Pilger , i hadn`t heard of the others .
Thanks.
Umbra~Sumus.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the video link. The most current list I could find online of Chomsky's publications is on Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

See, in particular, the list of his books on politics ... I just finished reading What We Say Goes - well worth the reading, and well sourced with references.

new topics

top topics

join