It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jindal Admits Katrina Story Was False

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
That is not the point. Whether Jindal was there or heard about it secondhand is not the point. The point is what actually happened...anything else is trivial.

Man, he lied about what he did. If he wanted to just make the point you are talking about, he should have been able to tell it as it happened. Instead he ruined a great opportunity.

I agree that Jindal is young, and this shouldn't define him long term. But it does define him short term, of those people are looking toward for 2012, Jindal is on the bottom of the list with 9%.

He's no Ronald Reagan, and he's no Barack Obama. That was definitely shown.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
No doubt some of Obama advisers(SP?) will have taken note of Jindal lie for possible future use against him should he become his party for 2012. Otherwise I have learned my lesson I am not going to delve into the issue of the Republican candidacy until late 2011 or early 2012 . The Republicans will find it a lot easier to regain favor with voters if they become less ideological and more pragmatist.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It's already been said, multiple times in this thread, but to reiterate.

This is no different than Sec. of State Hillary and her sniper episode.
Point being that projecting yourself into fantastic heroic scenarios, is not a party thing. It's a politician thing. We picked a pack of liars again. We've even got a Secretary of Treasury with tax problems!

When will we learn?

GOP is Marketing Jindal now. But He's not getting the greatest of receptions within the conservative movement.

If that's any saving grace, the Dems won't have to spend much time tearing him down. In the long run, it's beneficial to the GOP to have him exposed.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
First let me say that Bobby Jindal is the best governor we have had in our states history. He's normally a fairly good speaker and normally doesn't act like a normal politician.

That said, I'm not sure what happened the other night. That was not the Jindal I remember speaking during Ike and Gustav. I'm not sure that he actually lied after looking at all of the details of the story. I honestly think he was confused and mistakened. He seemed like he may of been nervous or anxious.

What really bothers me about this, is thats not how he normally is.

I hate to think he might be turning into a normal politician like the rest.
What I mean by that is all of them lie, except maybe Ron Paul.

Hillary, Bush, Bill, Cheney, Gore, Obama, and Biden have all lied to the public and the media. Bill being the best example.

I hate to think that Jindal is becoming like them. I honestly don't think he is. Again after looking at the details, it looks me to he was confused and mistakened.

As an ATS member I almost wonder if there was a conspiracy behind his performance.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
This is no different than Sec. of State Hillary and her sniper episode.
Point being that projecting yourself into fantastic heroic scenarios, is not a party thing. It's a politician thing. We picked a pack of liars again. We've even got a Secretary of Treasury with tax problems!

Unfortunately mud racking and hypercritical stances are universal amongst politics and politicians. Two wrongs don't make a right . Plus the topic at hand is Jindal being caught out in a lie rather then Hillary blatant lie that was found out just as quickly . No politician can rise to prominence or rather hold office anywhere without having lied at some point .

[edit on 1-3-2009 by xpert11]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

He's a young guy, and was understandably nervous being in the national spotlight as the Republican spokesperson. He will do much better in the future.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

That's interesting. It's almost as if he were shoved to the spotlight unwillingly.

xpert11

I used to work with a salesman who called it "puffery". Stretching the truth in a direction that customers really want to believe. Politicians are such masters of the game, always have been!. I guess the good news is they get called out on it more often now.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I wouldn't be surprised if it was unwilling now that you mention it.

The GOP needs a new face and new leadership. I really wonder now if the power players forced him into the spotlight.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
In terms of Jindal performance IMO it is likely that he was reluctant to fulfill(SP?) the role he did as those who fill the mantle of leading the oppsition after an election loss almost always do so out of party loyalty more then any thing else . Since US politics is more about the person then the party I don't think that it is unreasonable to think that he was pressured into responding to Obama address to Congress .

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Do we have a video of him saying those words, or are we taking Daily KOs word for it that he said them? Daily KOs isn't the most reliable when it comes to democrat vs republican stories.

If he actually got caught in a lie then he's no different then any other politician. If in the future Jindal gets caught in lie after lie after lie after lie after lie - as obama has - then perhaps he'll be ready to run for POTUS.

It is HYPOCRISY for any democrat to complain about Jindal and one lie, but then support Obama and his many, many lies.

If it's good enough for the democrats and their Obama .. then why not the republicans as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

They just never stop lying...or is it that we never stop believing?

Smoke.

Do you feel it traveling up your backside the minute every politician opens his or her mouth? The second they try and convince you they are the ones that care about you?

How about watching us fight each other tooth and nail over this nest of vipers as if there is a saint amongst them?

Ron Paul.
Obama.
McCain.

Whether appearing to you with hope, conspiracy or Jesus Christ cradled in their arms each one is appealing to a base and none of them will save you from the game they are clearly playing.

We get divided, separated and then divided again until we are merely individuals trying to cling to an ideal that is long dead but we wish to not let go of. Perhaps it never even existed.

I had a dream where I saw a black horned goat faced man/woman look up to the heavens and shout to the Gods, "how long must I play this role?"

Even the Devil is tired of this.

I guess that may be a good omen.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
This is one of the rising stars within the GOP? Wow, they really have scraped bottom barrel.

The left is really scared of Jindal. It's funny. Jindal gets caught in one lie and so the GOP is scraping the bottom of the barrel with him ... but Obama gets caught in mulitiple lies over and over .. but he's just fantastic?

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The Conservatives are losing any credibility

One lie and Jindal has lost credibility ... but Obama tells lie after lie after lie and he's still wonderful? Hypocrisy.

but Bush/Palin/Jindal/The Plumber Republicans

Your obvious attempt at guilt by association falls short. Jindal isn't a Bush or a Palin. Not even close. And Joe the Plumber is a nobody, no matter how many times you try to claim he's a 'leader' of the Republican party.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's funny to watch the partisans squabble over stupid crap like this. You know, both parties are leading our country to ruin. It started with Bush and Obama will pound the nails all the way in. How anyone can engage in partisan he said/she said BS right now is ridiculous.

News flash kids, they don't giver a flying # about you. None of them do. They don't care. They're just positioning to get re-elected.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
So what if he lied about being in the sherrifs office? Didn't Hillary Clinton lie about being shot at?

Yes, she did. And it's exactly the same thing. They blatantly lie and expect people memories to be too short or inadequate to look into it. It's insulting, really.

Originally posted by leisuredrummer
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

How can Democrats talk about anyones credibility

You'll have to ask someone who's a Democrat.

My point is that you guys are bashing him as if he is running for President.

He is. He is running for the GOP nomination. Perhaps not officially, but if you don't know that Jindal is in the running for 2012, you haven't been paying attention.

We accepted her explanation,

No, we did not.
She lied.

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
First let me say that Bobby Jindal is the best governor we have had in our states history.

I believe that many people are satisfied and even happy about his governing abilities. I (at least) am not speaking to his ability to govern, because I don't know him as well as someone who lives in his state. If his state likes him, then he's doing a good job.

I honestly think he was confused and mistakened. He seemed like he may of been nervous or anxious.

He was reading from a teleprompter. That was a prepared speech. It was not a "mistake". Like I said, that part doesn't bother me as much as his manner...

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The Conservatives are losing any credibility

One lie and Jindal has lost credibility ...

I said the Conservatives are losing credibility. I don't consider Jindal a Conservative. He's a Republican like Bush, Palin and the rest. He's one of the people who is ruining the credibility of true Conservatives.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You nailed it Jam! For every lying republican pointed out you can find a democrat. In today's partisan atmosphere politicians can say anything because their base will always see what they say as roses and the detractors as thorns. Truth in the MSM and 2 party political system is irrelevent.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

No rr stop trying to muddy the issue... the thread is about his lying on public television before the nation as part of the Republican response to Obama about something he did not do.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yes, Jindal embellished the story a bit, but here is a video showing (now deceased) Jefferson Parish Sheriff Harry Lee talking about Jindal's response during Katrina.

And afterwards, Jindal was reporting the fraud and waste of money allocated for disaster relief

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Good God, I wish people would hold all politicians up to the same standars they hold other ones up to, and you know who you are to.

Seriously, what's up with all the deflection techniques. "Well Obama did it, and so did Hillary." Some people refuse to bash a guy from their own party and make excuses for them, But when it's Obama or Hillary that does it their is a firestorm about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If Jindal was speaking from the left he would be a hero in the eyes of the liberal nation and the MSM. With Bush out of office the MSM has nothing better to do than pick on anyone with a "R" after their name.

Hillary's now legendary gun fight has been mentioned several times but let's not forget the the lying tax cheats under Obama's employ.

How can I forget that Al Gore "invented" the internet or that according to Obama in his recent address to the Hill that "America invented the automobile" It sounded so good in his speech that it was barely noticed by his drones.

Bottom line, all politicians embellish, it is what they do. Some politicians (Barry) just flat out tell bold face lies or deny any knowledge of anything that may tarnish their crooked halos.

This is a game that we are all mired down in and it sucks.

edit to add Obama's biggest lie:

What earmarks??

[edit on 3-3-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by FredT

Well this really should have been expected... over the past 30 years the movement conservatives have taken over the Republican party and forced out almost all of its moderate and liberal members and enforced a uniformity reminicent of the most hard line facsist parties.

I expected goose stepping and brown shirts every day of the bush minor administration.

The more you enforce a uniformity of opinion the less talent you attract until all you get are those who agree with you...

movement conservatism will be the death of the Republican party yet.

When does your super anti-Republican rant stop? Honestly. I don't mind your opinion, but you are factually incorrect. The Republican Party has actually become too liberal and too moderate. That has been its problem. It offers no real difference in policy than Democrats. Don't look at the rhetoric for a moment, look at policies during Bush.... most were straight from the Democrat play book.

Republicans became big govt, big spenders and lost their way. The party of Reagan that believed in small govt, and govt being the source of problems, no longer exists.

Jindal annoys me badly and I hope he isn't the future of the GOP. But Grover going off on rants against conservatives when the facts are the opposite of his rant, is getting annoying. It wasnt Bush that deregulated the financial industry, it was Clinton. However it was Bush's horrible fiscal policy that lead to our bloated govt and deficit. Those policy's of Bush are liberal in nature, not conservative.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join