It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these mysterious stones mark the site of the Garden of Eden?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Our Earth has gone through numerous cycles, I find it amazing that people never seem to place the slightest doubt about our written history pertaining to the history of the Earth. I have no problem whatsoever believing that before us, there had been civilizations present on Earth, some might have possessed scientific technology surpassing ours today. Please read the book 'The Earth's Forbidden Secret'. If lies could be told about very glaringly obvious matters, how hard would it be to lie or cover facts that seem to have their origin since a time beyond this current cycle, our time here?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Eden, or more accurately "Edin", was a name the Sumerians gave the Steppe region.

Here people, EDUCATE YOURSELVES:

A MAP OF "Eden."

www.bibleorigins.net...

Sometimes I wish there was a "god", so I could pray he gives all of you freakin' brains and the ability to use them.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The problem here is that when you superimpose religion's mythology, fantasy and superstition over observable objective evidence you pervert its meaning.

It's one thing if you say that mythology usually has some basis in history and this or that find may be related to the source of a certain religious myth. But then the True Believers have to chime in with their perverted interpretations based on nothing more than belief - with an occasional fringe authority opinon or apologia as "proof."

So when people start by attacking the dating or other aspects of the find with spurious refutations simply because the evidence defies their interpretaion of the bible's chronolgy or they start expanding the evidence with speculations based on religous myths it is time to call them on it.

I think there is tons we don't yet know about early human societies, especially regarding how far back in time they go and their origins, and discoveries like this can shed light on them. Particularly interesting is the development of organized religion.

Think about this though. Have we as a species really learned anything in 12,000+ years if we are still believing religious mythological explainations and oftentimes killing each other over them?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
All I can say about this story is that IF it is truly Eden , or even if its just a bunch of rocks hidden under the ground by our ancesters, then simply I'm going to say

They are STUNNING.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I can answer this whole thing in 1 word....."do these stones mark..." NO!
thank you

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
some of you may not want to read this but its a section out of the Urantia book trying to explain the Garden of Eden.....I just used to think the Garden of Eden was earth ...

linky linky...

mercy.urantia.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There is no garden of edin. There was a laboratory called E.din. Read the texts of old Sumeria it will explain your question.

www.thecrowhouse.com...

We have also seen Sitchins claim that the tale of the serpent, the tree of life and the expulsion from Eden were known about in Sumer is also undeniable as it is documented and depicted on cylinder seals as shown in fig.105. Even the name Eden can be seen as an obvious reference to the Anunnaki medical center in Mesopotamia mentioned in Sumerian texts which was called the E.DIN. And again it is there in the biblical account of Adam which can be seen as an obvious derivation of the Sumerian account of the Adamu created by Ninmah through genetic
manipulation and even inclusion of clay in the successful result. The number of ‘coincidences’ are just too great too ignore. The Sumerians also claim that the Earth and the Hammered Heaven was created by a Celestial body with a vast elongated orbit.
Sitchin believes that the civilization of South America was in fact the civilization that was said to have been established in the ‘third region’ by those based in the Persian Gulf – the Gods, with
Sumer being the first region, Egypt the second region, while the forth region, the Sinai Peninsula, was ‘retained by the Gods’

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Amazing I've never heard of this before. It just goes to show what other amazing things are still buried around the world we have yet to discover. Was the man who discovered this related to Tony Robinson as they look quite similar?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
im new awesome and mind boggling

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If it is in fact the Garden of Eden like some are claiming then we really need to stop the pursuit of the Garden all together. Some one will die if we don't. The garden has a guardian that stands at the gate just in case it is found. So we really need to back off if that is what we think it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that the Garden of Eden is still there, we just can't see it.

God never told Adam that Eden was going away He said, that he kicked them out and that an Angel would stand guard to the entrance of Eden so no one could enter.

There are passages in the Bible that indicate that there is other planes or realms that we just can't see or hear.

"Open your Eyes and See"
"Open your Ears and Hear"

"The Kingdom of God/Heaven is all around you/us"

Ghosts, Spirits, Demons, etc may live in another realm. Ghosts of instance may live in a cleansing area or shadowland of sorts until they are worthy to enter the Kingdom of God.

As for Demons I would guess they would live in the realm of what we know as Hell?

Who knows for sure but this is my take.

Yoda

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
For anyone interested here is the general location and description from the scriptures:

"And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates. And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Gen.2:8-17 KJV

"And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." Gen.3:22-24 KJV

[edit on 3/3/2009 by JoeyGowdy]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Pretty funny coincidence here... I read this thread last night, and today I finally started reading a book I've been wanting to get to. About 3 pages into it I realized the author was talking about this exact site, the stones, the shepard who found them, etc. etc.
Now I'm even more interested in the book!

It's called: "The Cygnus Mystery: Unlocking the Secret of Life's Ancient Origins in the Cosmos" - by Andrew Collins

An excerpt:

All around the world ancient peoples fixed the location of heaven - the source of cosmic life and death - in the same segment of sky, the constellation of Cygnus, the Swan. But why? From the oldest temple in the world to the cutting edge of astrophysics, Andrew Collins sets out to find answers on an extraordinary historical quest to unravel the earliest beliefs of our most distant ancestors.

I love "coincidences"...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

dont put much into it,archeologist usually cant determine if they are holding their own ass or or a fossil that dates back "250 million years". If the truth inerrupts their agenda then they have a nasty habit of throwing out the truth & attempting to undermine anyone that brings that truth to lite.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If the garden of Eden existed, and I believe it did, my guess is that all traces of it were destroyed in the deluge.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This might have been posted already..if so I missed it, but here are two videos about this site.
They are narrated in German...but even if you don't speak German it still presents some excellent pics & vids of the area.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Sparky63]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

nice find mate

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Indeed a very interesting find!
This is for me yet another support to the theory that there were an advanced civilization which went under some 12000 years ago.

I support all the theories made by egyptologists like John Anthony West who is the man who actually has proven that the Spinx is MORE than 10500 years old due to rain carvings. And that the pyramids of Giza is built on a yet older base.

Many believers have a theory that there were a civilization on earth before us which went under in an catastrofic event like the flood and finding new clues to support this theory outruns most things by a long distance!

Many religious tales/books/oral heritage talk about the same event happening in different parts of the world and more and more people are starting to wake up about the issue that the old civilization were kicked back to the stone age literally by this event.

To claim that a stone has a certain age is just an assumption based on theories, coal 14 CANNOT give the date to a stone.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone remember history??

And just where do you think Noah parked his Ark? Turkey! And just where do you think the first "Mountain Top" condo/timeshare resort was located?

Mt.Ararat! And just where do you think vacationers went on holidays??

Of course Noah's Resorts, bring pets!!

And just where did you find these ROAD SIDE MARKERS==Advertising the resort's location and kinds of pets that were ok?? Turkey's turnpike turnoff to "Noah's Resort.

And if you read the stone carefully, one will see the emblams of accepted currency and credit cards. Don't believe me? Just go back and take a good look...
Below the emblems is their "website" address.

Trust Me I'm a Salesman.
PS. Get a free gift of a stone ax or small wheel for listening to our salesrepresentatives presentations. A great investment and family fun.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Definitely interesting. Who knows what this and future discoveries might tell the wold.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join