It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

--> Stimulus protests across US today!!! <--

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I remember reading about this and actually seen it reported on the news. I'm glad this is happening...in reality..it's not much...but it's still a start.

It just has to be kept up.

If something like this shows up by me and I don't have to miss work for it (i can't miss work...just can't..baby on the way)...I'll be there along with the rest.

We definitely need more of this!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
God bless America. I hope there continue to be resistance to the Federal Government. I hear that gun makers are back logged enough that they can't make guns fast enough to meet demand. That means the government has pissed America off.

And now this. Come on Fed, learn your place already. Accept that you are being warned and that you should play by the rules.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You know what they say, history repeats it self.

They interviewed some of the organizers on TV today and this is just the start, there are going to be more of these.

They are just getting the ball rolling. I am glad this is happening it is actual legitimate reason for protest.

I know one thing if I can figure out how to increase my wealth by going deeper into debt, I'll be the first to post it here and let everybody in on the secret.

I'll even write a book.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I know one thing if I can figure out how to increase my wealth by going deeper into debt, I'll be the first to post it here and let everybody in on the secret.

Sometimes I think this is all intentional. It's as if they are going to knock everyone down to the same level...make everyone unemployed so that they have to survive off of government funding...and then...WALLAH.

Big government owns us all...that's if inflation doesn't get to us first.

There is so much happening now and things that will happen that it's tough to see what the outcome will be..

I just know that it won't be good in the short term...but long term..maybe some hope there..it all depends on the will of people.

It's going to be a long journey and it's going to be far from easy.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Is this just about the last bailout or the last three bailouts together? I welcome any help I can get but I got a fixed mortgage before the peak in 2003 at 5.75%. I'm hearing that I should wait until the commercial real estate bubble collapse is acknowledged and they will drop rates lower. Seriously though, it is really getting tight. I'm staying foolishly optimistic.

There's a local car dealer offering 0% financing for 5 years. Other dealerships are saying if you lose your job return the car and it's all good. No more owed.

So is this about the last bailout or all three?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

They will try to own us all, but it isn't going happen. Some people will willing submit but the country is over 50% conservative and they won't let the government take control of their lives. That is one thing that I am almost positive about.

It is going to be a long journey. I also fail to see where the government is going to get the money from to put everybody on the government dole. The people we export our debt too will wake up. There will come a point were getting out of the Dollar will be a wise move.

I seriously hope it doesn't come down to that though, I really don't. But there is a side of me that says it will.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

So is this about the last bailout or all three?

All three...actually just spending in general. Many were hoping that the spending would stop after Bush was gone...but instead it has gotten worse.

As for buying houses/vehicles...i'm staying away. I'd be stupid to do it as my job is slowing down BIG TIME. I'm actually very worried about it. It's crazy that I could take advantage of some of these programs or deals even though I KNOW i could be out of work soon and be unable to pay it back. The car deal is a bit crazy though as money is lost when you drive it off the lot.

I won't get myself into anything like that right now..but if people have a steady job with no reason to think they will be out of work..more power to them. Me though...not taking any chances right now.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
David,
I wonder about that also! Starve the people, let them
fend for themselves and on each other.
If we don't know someone "elite", we may be screwed.
Who knows but the way this is going, it doesn't look fun.
Our piper might need paid sooner or later.
I really hope we can learn to conserve and be thankfull
for what we have and learn how to just get along. IMO
Thanks for your threads & posts!

[edit on 27-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

It is all three, and all the spending in general. Don't forget that Bush left with an approval rating of 22%. And people were against TARP I.

The problem with bailing out the people that can't afford there homes is the ugly side that they aren't telling you about.

If the fed gov does the unconstitutional thing and let judges renegotiate interest rates and mortgages, interest rates are going to go through the roof. Like Jimmy Carter and Regan days, which was 21% interest rates, and a high amount of inflation.

The government is unsustainable, is what it comes down too. We do not have the money, we are literally teetering on the edge of default.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I seriously hope it doesn't come down to that though, I really don't. But there is a side of me that says it will.

I know it's crazy to think that they could be doing this intentionally..but when i think about it.

Universal health care started, massive unemployment, government buyout of mortgages, wall street tanking, social security bankrupt/medicare bankrupt..

Everything is going down..and it almost seems targeted.

The only thing that will be left standing is the government..who will control everything.

Most of our freedoms will be stripped away for the right to LIVE.

This is what I'm afraid of...i know i may getting wild with the assumptions here...but i do think this may be a possibility.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I wonder about that also! Starve the people, let them fend for themselves and on each other. If we don't know someone "elite", we may be screwed. Who knows but the way this is going, it doesn't look fun.

Well think about it...what is the easiest way to make everyone "equal" in wealth?

Bankrupt everyone....and that is the road we are on.

Is it true? I hope not..just making an assumption here...but it's hard to make much sense of what is happening.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I think it started out as intentional at first, but now I think they are just grasping at straws, I don't see the logic behind collapsing an economy to the point where the political structure will collapse too, on a world level. It doesn't make any sense anyway you look at it.

The problem is that the excuse they are using to pass all this spending is well we have to do something so lets just spend a lot of money, and they are trying to use this opportunity to put into place all the liberal policies they have wanted for 40 years.

It is unsustainable. I've thought about all situations and I just can't wrap my head around collapsing the entire world economy at one time, in order to gain control. What are they going to pay people with?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Stikkinikki,
If I may. I like to think of the bailouts as either:
1. For the bankers (read how they took over a long time ago.)
Think of capitalism as the perfect breeding ground for corruption
without a firm hand of morality for guidance, especially when
absence any regulations or tangible law.
2. For the people. These are a much better form of bailout,
putting money back directly into the economy.
Without money paid to these businesses(by consumers)there
is no free market society.

I'm all for giving money to the people over the banks anyday!!!
After all it's ours, if we wanna spend it on dumb s***, let us! IMO

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What are they going to pay people with?

The only thing i can think of is food...and if that is what we are being paid with..then I don't want to be around for it.

It's difficult to make sense of it. You are right it isn't unsustainable...i think they will default on medicare and SS.

These 2 things are the biggest drain on government spending. I don't hate these things...but it's going to be impossible to keep...inevitably it has to go.

It's mind boggling trying to figure it all out...but we'll find out soon enough!

link   

Thank you for the reply and the question. It most definately seems
like that to me absolutely. Whether its true who knows....yet.
Run the people into the ground basically then we will cooperate better!
I am so glad you all see this too. Everyone that is posting, thank you
for being aware and for the posts!
We may only be safe among the "knowing" at some point!

P.S. I think the mind boggling is somewhat intentional on their part.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by dodadoom]

link   

You have it right. If everyone (or mostly everyone) is unemployed and on government assistance, they will be easier to control.

Not many people want to correlate these happenings to the Bible, but if you need assistance and the only way to get that assistance is to take the 'mark', how many people are going to hold out their hands and say give it to me?

Then they have you right where they want you.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

FOOD, water, shelter, etc.(or seeds)
Work camps here we come! hehe

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Kansas City protest planned tomorrow Saturday 10am

www.kansasliberty.com...

Kansas Liberty: 26 February 2009

Last week, demonstrators protested against Moore's support of the stimulus package. Friday, a rally in support of Brownback's vote against the handout.

Another area 'tea party' rally planned
Another Kansas event will be added to the growing number of Tea Party protests, the spontaneous demonstrations of concern about perceived excesses in the Obama stimulus package that have been erupting over the last week.

Last weekend, a protest was held outside Democratic Rep. Dennis Moore's office, where hundreds of disgruntled Kansans gathered to protest Moore’s support of the stimulus package.

This time, organizers have announced a rally Friday at 11:30 a.m. outside of Republican Sen. Sam Brownback’s Wichita office. The organizers said they hope to show support for Brownback’s decision to vote against the legislation.

And this Saturday at 10 a.m., another stimulus protest will be taking place to show disagreement with Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill's support of the massive handout. Protesters will be meeting at 47th and J.C. Nichols Parkway and then walking to McCaskill’s Kansas City office.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join