It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For Vivid Dreamers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by benrl

appshopper.com...

Thats the free app for iphone, try it if you have one, its working for me

sorry i don't have an iphone and i don't plan on getting one but that's abit off topic.

thanks though.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iced_blue

Do a search on google for binaural beats, I am sure there are free ones out there, look for an mp3 and just loop it with headphones while you are trying to sleep.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
hi there,

i recently read a book on dreams from the library. it mentioned a few different techniques about remembering dreams,

1/ keep a pen and paper next to your bed

2/ drink a cup of water before going to bed. this will make you wake up during the night to go and pee! it also helps remember dreams. you waken up with dreams fresh in your mind

3/ many times you can waken up , remember a dream then go back to sleep and its forgotten when you waken later, when you waken up and remember a dream in the early hours, stay still but awake and think of your dream for a few minutes then write it down. sometimes the movement can cause you to not remember parts of the dreams.

4/ practice - if you try these things , over a few weeks and months you will get good at remembering.

most people have 4-5 dreams per night that can be remembered with practice!!

GOOD LUCK!! (post back in the future with your results!!)

PS - you should read my post on my death dream!!! cheers.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

heres my post on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

about it

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Oh found a PC app for you

uazu.net...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
hi there,

i recently read a book on dreams from the library. it mentioned a few different techniques about remembering dreams,

1/ keep a pen and paper next to your bed.

I'm going to start doing this tonight.

2/ drink a cup of water before going to bed. this will make you wake up during the night to go and pee! it also helps remember dreams. you waken up with dreams fresh in your mind

I already keep a bottle of water beside my bed, but i usually either go for i go to bed or when i get up in the morning.

3/ many times you can waken up , remember a dream then go back to sleep and its forgotten when you waken later, when you waken up and remember a dream in the early hours, stay still but awake and think of your dream for a few minutes then write it down. sometimes the movement can cause you to not remember parts of the dreams.

When i try this, the more i think about my dream the more i forget ( if that makes sense)

4/ practice - if you try these things , over a few weeks and months you will get good at remembering.

I'll definitely be practicing.

GOOD LUCK!! (post back in the future with your results!!)

PS - you should read my post on my death dream!!! cheers.

I'll do both, whats the link to your other post?
i may take a while to reply tomorrow, I like to sleep in as long as possible.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I was just reading it then, i found it in recent post.
I'll post a reply soon.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

dying in my dream

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I thought it was impossible to die in your sleep.

I'll go read it now.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
not at all impossible. i have had at least 4 dreams where i have died. its very shocking , especially the first time it happens.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I was just reading about them, it must be a horrible feeling, except for the elevator one.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
another thing i forgot to say was. in the last 2 months i have had the clearest and longest dreams ive ever had.

i have done 2 things, not sure which one is helping,

1/ i started studying sacred geometry and bought a "flower of life " pendant and wear it every night.

www.ka-gold-jewelry.com...

2/ i now sleep with a piece of flat amethyst under my pillow. it is a great crystal for dreaming.

i have dreamt some strange stuff in these last 2 weeks including a huge earthquake happening in new zealand, and anarchy happening in some U.S. states soon.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Just a note, Binaural beats have been proven to create brain specific states unlike some more mystical approaches to dreams.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

is there a certain way of doing this because it seems quite complicated?

Osho said that the mind makes things complicated. Thinking and doing are two different modes of operation. The first is just simulation and doesn't help much. Doing is so much better. What I mean is don't think about it too mcuh, just jump in and start playing around, experimenting, tinkering. I promise you'll figure it out if you put your mind to it.

But, to give you something to chew on, just learn how to be aware of yourself. It's called self-remembering. Whatever you are doing, remember that you are, and despite everything around you, there is a core you in there somewhere. But, don't get lost in imagination. The imagination is just a simulation tool for forecasting events. Be in the here and now all the time and pay attention to as many things as you possibly can while also remembering yourself.

Then, carry this same awareness with you while you are going to sleep. But, it's a subtle kind of awareness. You are allowing yourself to drift off, while just a tiny part of you is not "falling" asleep and losing consciousness. No matter what parts of your psyche and body start to go into sleep mode, maintain just enough awareness so that the central part of you is still awake and watching it all. It's a very delicate operation because too much energy will keep you awake. But, being sleepy helps because you will feel the natural tug into sleepiness and all you have to do is allow it to happen while watching it. It's not a tense energy, just a calm non-interfering, non-fighting awareness... that's probably the best way to put it.

This stuff is always hard to explain. That's why you just have to do it and then you'll figure things out on your own. Trust me, it's not any kind of gift... anyone can do it.

About the sleep paralysis, you won't be dreaming during sleep paralysis. You're eyes may even be open. You'll be fully awake and alert mentally, but your body will just be locked down. That's the scary part. You will be totally paralyzed and it takes an enormous amount of effort to break free. I've only been able to do it a few times and only because I wanted to see how impossible it was.

Anyway, you point about dreaming during it... you'll just have to try and relax and not freak out and start witnessing yourself fall back to sleep as you did when you first went to bed. Now, you have a big advantage since your part of your brain is already fully asleep, or so it thinks. But, it's easy to get scared and just allow yourself to lose consciousness and fall asleep the normal way at this point. But, still, you may go lucid in your dream afterwords, or at least, remember any subsequent dreams you have for the rest of the night.

It's a crazy experience and if it happens to you, you'll probably naturally start to struggle against the motor lock down until you are exhausted and freaked out and then kind of pass-out into sleep again. I describe the experience as being enclosed in a giant food storage freezer bags with on of those machines sucking the air out until you are completely immobile and can't move... although you can breath fine, the feeling can make you think that you can't breath and you can panic. But, you'll then wake up in the morning and you'll remember it, but you'll also know that everthing is OK now. Then, the next time it happens, you'll be a little more prepared.

In the old days, the myth was that the succubus came to sit on your chest and drain you of your life energy. But, now we know what is really happening.

Now, have fun dreaming! Let us know how you do!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSingularity

i think I understand what you mean. so when your falling asleep, recognize that you're falling asleep and not get too lost in thought.
you're right it is hard to explain.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iced_blue
So my question is, how do you remember your dreams so well?

Here my suggestions ( there is no particular order ):

1. affirmations, e.g. "I remember my dreams."
Note: Present tense. Say it in a casual manner, do NOT demand it. Make it like it is absolutely normal. Say it over and over again, e.g. whenever you look at your wrist watch.

2. Subliminal Blaster, install it on your computer and let this message flash on your screen (use an affirmation, such as the one suggested above)
link: www.subliminalblaster.com...

3. Just know that you remember your dreams.

4. When you wake up in the morning and you can't remember (don't move) but concentrate on your third eye

5. When you wake up up in the morning and you can't remember your dream completely (don't move), go through what you remember (the rest will come to you)

6. When you can't remember anything at all (don't move), say a few words in your mind, that could have been in the dream. The right word triggers the memory.

Greetings

[edit on 28-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Try taking some B-6 vitamin before bed. Or eat a couple of bananas. B-6 helps make dreams much more vivid.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have extremely vivid dreams, although they come in phases. For example, this week, I've had increddibly vivid dreams, but last week I don't recall having any.

I think there is a direct correlation between dreams and the amount of sleep you're getting. The REM cycle during sleep is where your brain is most alert and measures around the same in terms of being awake, when measured by an EEG. Although, you're not awake - you're sleeping.

Now, the way I understood the best way to recall your dreams - was to be awoken while you are still in the REM stage of sleep. As that would be where your dreams are most vivid. (Or so according to my first year Psych prof). Maybe try setting your alarm half an hour earlier then you usually wake up - try that for a few days and see how that works for you?

My dad says he has his most lucid dreams after consuming Ice Cream or Oysters - perhaps food does play a part in dreams? I don't know for sure.

If I wake up after having less then 7 or 8 hours of sleep - My dreams are easier to recall.

Also keeping a diary of your dreams is a good approach too. I haven't done it personally, but I've considered it for some of my more intense dreams.

Sometimes though, I'll forget about something in a dream, and be driving and something will jog that part of my memory - thus leading to a recall of a dream I had weeks, or months ago. I believe that all of our dreams are stored somewhere in our brains - and that they aren't actually forgotton - perhaps just mis-filed.

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm an extremely vivid dreamer. Sometimes though, I don't remember my dream very well or at all.

I think dreams may sometimes be a reproduction of images or emotions that re play in your brain while your asleep in a way that makes sense for your body subconsciously. But may not necessarily make sense when trying to remember consciously.

I say try the exercise's other members have mentioned. Like meditating or keeping a pen and paper next to your bed. But also try to just feel the emotions you wake up with, and don't give your self such a hard time about trying to remember the sort of 'vivid dream' that would make sense consciously, because simply, this may not have happened.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I found that my dreams became much more vivid and easy to remember when I learned how to dream while awake. Dreaming while awake goes hand in hand with being awake while dreaming.

We are conscious beings and we should play with that consciousness.

Peace

"Dreaming;
is the time of the night.
When you compose the notes of your day
into the song of your life."

[edit on 28-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join