It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: We killed a million Iraqis and that pleased bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Ron Paul: We killed a million Iraqis and that pleased bin Laden

rawstory.com

"The person most pleased with our foreign policy is Osama bin Laden," Paul went on. "He said, 'I'm going to get you to come over here and we'll fight you on our sand, and we will do what we did to the Soviets.' ... He said he will do the same thing, he will eventually bankrupt this country." "So yeah," Paul acknowledged. "We want to get rid of a bad guy in Iraq -- we did. But ... another one million Iraqis got killed. Believe me, they weren't all terrorists. ... But nevertheless, it pleased Osama bin Laden."

Paul concluded by criticizing President Obama for proposing to send another 17,000 troops to Afghanistan. "Don't we know anything about history?" he asked. "It is bankrupting our country. It will end ... because we can't afford it. ... That's what the financial crisis is telling us. ... and the sooner we realize that the better."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-2-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Oh boy...

I'm sure this is going to have a lot of folks up in arms on several issues, particularly the ONE MILLION figure, which has been a hotly contested issue in the past.

But on the subject of OBL, this was INDEED one of his plans---To BANKRUPT our nation, and get us caught up into an endless foreign skirmish that drained our resources. And the longer this drags on, the more it appears he reached his ultimate objective. And the war-mongering crowd just keeps chugging right along and allocating billions on end, month after month, on all sorts of foreign fronts, with zero let-up in sight! Forget about Iraq, now Afghanistan is the next escalation point, along with Pakistan right on the edge as well.

But as usual, I'm sure Dr. Paul's words will fall on deaf ears.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
THe exact figure doesn't matter; our foreign policy in these two wars has I'm sure convinced many a fanatic that we are as bad as they always thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I agree DD. It was over a million, it's more logical.

When you consider the actual devastation Iraq is in. The whole country was ripped up, towns torn down. Millitary bases put in place. Bagdad has a few million. Has been bombed ever since they invaded.

They found no terrorists. You could even chuckle at that. Saddam is dead. And now the killing goes on

Just for everyone to remeber, even the die hard republicans and pro Iraq war. The U.S government wanted to remove Saddam because he was killing his own people. "We won't go into the W.M.Ds

But the U.S government are still there killing people.!
Not acceptable in my books.

It was always about the money, Think this is sufficient enough as the last line. Sad world we live in.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Speaking of Ron paul He is a smart man. But how could he restore America. America needs wars as a way to keep itself in global power.

The wars, are happening because the zionists need wealth, oil, money and the US dollar to be the global trading currency. If it means wars to keep these going they will kill another million with the switch of a button.

Now my question is this, how could Ron Paul make the country stable. Rome is falling and it's falling fast. I don't Ron Paul would be able to turn America around. He's an angel in politics, as there is very few angels or sane people in politics especially in America. I have to say that but...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
he could stop spending (for real) on iraq and afghanistan by getting out (for real). the trim military spending and re-invest in inner city urban areas and bring in foreign investment.

new topics

top topics

join