It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Obama spreading panic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I heard this on the radio today while in the car. It's a critical look at Mr. Obama's scare tactics in this recession.

Here is the link...thehill.com...

Mr. Morris hits this one out of the park, imo.

Here is a taste of the article...

By Dick Morris
Posted: 02/24/09 03:04 PM [ET]

Ultimately, all recessions and depressions resolve themselves into crises of confidence. The instant, global, 24/7 communications of today make them ever more so. President Obama, in his pursuit of liberal big-government spending, has totally neglected the role of the president of the United States in reversing global panic. To the contrary, his every remark and the constant preoccupation of his Cabinet is to heighten the sense of crisis and to escalate the predictions of doom if we do not do as they tell us and raise spending now and taxes later.

Instead of being a firewall, reassuring Main Street even as Wall Street crashed, he has become a conduit of panic, spreading the mood of desperation from the stock exchange floor to kitchen tables across the world.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Do yourself a favor and read the whole piece. It really was enlightening to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
DICK MORRIS??? yeah, he's a "center of the road" type of guy. he makes rush limbaugh look like a liberal. geez...obamas been in office for less then 40 days and he has already destroyed the country...yeah, no fear-mongering there, right??...get a grip, please.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Honestly,I do not view Obama's words as fear mongering. I think he wants people to realize that this is not going to be something that is going to be corrected quickly. Also, it is important to realize that the present system is going to change.

I'd argue that it wouldn't be such a bad thing if a system that has created corporate greed and unbalanced incomes to collapse. I have said several times that "Maybe theyshould just let the whole damn thing collapse and start over."

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Obama has done nothing but fear monger since his election. He knows that as long as he does this, people will fall in behind him like sheep and do whatever he says. Even Roosevelt didn't resort to these tactics. He encouraged the American people.
Obama needs to lighten up, back off, and let things work themselves out!
No administration has ever managed to spend itself out of a recession/depression.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
When the other persons politician speaks of doom and gloom it's fear-mongering.
When your politician speaks of doom and gloom he's just "tellin' it like it is."

It's all diarrhoea of the mouth to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
After the past 8 years, I really find it ridiculous that someone dare call Obama a fear-monger. Try this out and see if any of it sounds familiar:

-We have to wire tap your phones and go through your emails, or else the terrorists win.
-We have to invade a country where the terrorists didn't come from, or else the terrorists win.
-I need more power, or else the terrorists win.
-If you dare question me, the terrorists win.

Obama stepped into a DEEP pile when he became president. He can't just clean up in a matter of months and call it good. And frankly, is there any place left to spread fear? I'm confident we are all covered with it by now.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Let his Zionist mofo yobs spread all the panick they want

Are you going to panick?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Obama is a fear monger and he is using it just like bush did.

Oh yeah and he's also a liar...just like Bush.

But we'll just let that slide right?

It's all justified because Bush did it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

I've noticed that not an encouraging word is spoken by Obama about the economy...unless you agree with the plans implemented. I don't.

This is kind of akin to Reagan's trickle down economics, however, instead of giving the rich a tax cut to stimulate jobs, spending by consumers, and the rot,
tons of money is being HANDED to them, and I think they are so surprised by this hand out that they don't really know what to do about it....EXCEPT to come back for as much as they can.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Do you think Obama is the saviour, Listen up and let me tell you something

Obama works for the same people as Bush did, takes the same orders as Bush did, will be continueing the NWO, war on terror and taking your freedoms as Bush did.

They gave you Obama, because they wanted to calm you down after Bush. Obama is just a tonic, and a really really obvious puppet.

Gonnna cut your short too. Obama isN'T going to clean up the mess. Hes backed by evil zionists. I don't care if you don't believe me. But I can tell you I turned off the Inauguration ceremony when Obama went in. It was all scripted and bull# to me. My instincts are normally right. Obama is the biggest con job ever. It was an ingenious idea to bring a really smart calming black man, the opposite of Bush at this time. So convienent for the timing of course.

Seriously my head fries when I hear when you people go off on this topic, oh Bush will do this, Obama said that, McCain wants to do that. They are ALL PUPPPETS..........

P.S Obama wants to censor the net and take freedom of speech away. You need to wake up sir.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by universe attracts wisdom]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I knew it, I all told you all, That Obama was a zionist agent. It was so obvious I just couldnt watch any of the post election nonsense. When Bush talks I don't watch it. If Obama talks I don't watch it.

I know they are backed by the evil zionist jewish who control America.

The race, and alure, charism and all the hype of Obama being the saviour was the greatest distraction and one step into fantasy for the American people. The whole idea of getting a black president IMO, was to distract the American people of bringing the Bushes and the Administration for war crimes.

They emotionally manipulated the people by the delusion that Obama was a saviour. My instincts have been proven right.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Alora

Obama is a fear monger and he is using it just like bush did.

Oh yeah and he's also a liar...just like Bush.

But we'll just let that slide right?

It's all justified because Bush did it.

Would you feel better if Obama came out with a big smile and told us all to relax, everything is fine?

Telling us a scary truth is not fear mongering, it is just telling us a scary truth. I don't agree with a new bailout, I don't agree that spending more now will somehow pull us out of debt in the long run. But this isn't even close to what we just went through with Bush.

And please don't start in with that "saviour" stuff. I may have demonized Bush (and still do), but I have yet to consider Obama anything more than a politician.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Maybe if the previous Pres was able to find his ass with his hat, and had told it the way it was , there wouldn't be this prob, or as bad of a prob

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Telling us a scary truth is not fear mongering, it is just telling us a scary truth. I don't agree with a new bailout, I don't agree that spending more now will somehow pull us out of debt in the long run. But this isn't even close to what we just went through with Bush.

He's not telling the REAL truth. He's spending us into the ground...he uses the recession to pass ridiculous spending plans that we cannot possibly pay for.

Since his approval rating is high and democrats control Congress, he can get anything he wants passed as long as he keeps his approval rating high.

If it's worth anything...his approval rating is actually similar to Bush's first term at this time in their candidacy. That tell you anything?

Obama's approval ratings are going to plummet very soon.

This is why he shoving all this crap down everyone's throats...this is his best time to do so.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

You forgot this..."Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud." 2002

To tell you the truth, I haven't been listening to Obama's speeches. I've just been noticing what's been happening around my town and state, and that's enough to scare me. Hell, I've been scared for years, wondering when this economic house of cards would fall, rather, implode.

If he's saying that it will take longer to get out of this mess, then it seems he's being intellectually honest. Unlike, oh, yeah, "liberating" Iraq being a "cakewalk".
"I think it'll go relatively quickly, …Weeks rather than months." Cheney 2003
Iraq "can really finance its own reconstruction." Wolfowitz 2003
McCain saying the "fundamentals are sound" in 2008.
Look, my former President used to be a college cheerleader, someone who keeps on saying, Yay! We can win! when the team is losing. I'm fed up with all the sleight-of-hand warm fuzzies proclaimed for years. Bah!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Haven't you been keeping up with the world news? With economic news?

Obama isn't the only one who's talking about a recession (rapidly becoming a depression), leaders and economists all over the world are talking about it, and they're alarmed.

And Obama wasn't the first one to announce there was an economic crisis. Bush, last fall, urged Congress to act quickly to pass legislation to bail out the banks and Wall Street, which were spiraling rapidly downward.

Most reputable economists believed, and still believe, that a huge stimulus to the economy was needed right away. And even that isn't a certain cure. With all the hassling in Congress the stimulus package might already be too little, too late. If the American economy fails, the world economy will fail. It's as simple as that.

Obama is not an alarmist. He's just telling it like it is. And he's also been saying that Americans can weather this.

Please let's not hear anymore preaching that the world crisis is just a "state of mind." Pollyanna just won't cut it in the real world.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Obama is not an alarmist. He's just telling it like it is. And he's also been saying that Americans can't weather this.

And please let's not hear anymore preaching that the world crisis is just a "state of mind." Pollyanna just won't cut it in the real world.

World crisis is a state of mind. Your quote is just too shocking for me to even explain common sense.

BTW, Obama doesn't say it like it is, for the love any joy. He is told to say it. The leaders of the world, create YOUR REALITY.

Leaders say boo, and the masses go AHHHHHHH !

top topics

join