It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elongated skulls discovered in Russia, Jan. 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Goathief, ya beat me to the posting, I pretty much just said the exact same thing as you and posted it at the same time!

So yeah, what Goathief said!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Accordingly, wiki.bmezine.com... is a disinformation website/page, conceived and paid by guess whom.

“... BMEzine is ... the world's biggest body modification website and almost certainly know a hell of a lot more than anyone else on the planet on such matters due to it's user base being closely tied to tribal living and scholars of the field. In fact they are probably more anti-establishment/NWO than this very website…"

As you can see, I wrote “….disinformation website/page”, which was meant as: “website respectively page”. But ok, I agree, I should have only mentioned “page”, not “website”. Edited. My intention was only to post about the PAGE not the site.

But that doesn’t change a thing about the fact that story stated on the page wiki.bmezine.com... is pure nonsense.

"Are you honestly suggesting photos, documented histories of different types of cranial binding from all over the globe and living persons who have undergone it are completely fabricated? If you are then you are only lying to yourself so your fantasies can be realised."

Now listen cutebuddy:
1. I am not only suggesting it, but I have thoroughly substantiated WHY that “skull binding” story is a complete nonense (e.g. just one reason of many: “… consequently neither modern nor ancient records depicting the (required) "binding" of children’s skulls have shown up.”). While you substantiated nothing. Can’t you read? Try reasoning.
2. If you cannot provide argument, then don’t just accuse others of “lying”. That's 1-bit pre-teen behaviour. How old are you? Six, seven?
3. You shouldn’t talk about others’ “fantasies” while believing yourself in that “skull binding” nonsense. As I wrote the skull binding story is so daft they even deleted the Wikipedia entry.

..perhaps you are a disinfo agent yourself?

Sure I am, cutebuddy. Every month I get paychecks from Jordan Maxwell, Zechariah Sitchin and David Icke. For promoting their books.

I believe it's quite possible that human/extra-terrestrial contact has been made but cranial binding of this nature is not evidence of such, not even close.

You’re right, “cranial binding” doesn’t produce evidence for anything, because it doesn’t exist and never existed.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So I gather the Tuanacen tribe of Bolivia that actively practiced head binding to create an elongated skull and trephination (removing sections of the skull to eliviate pressure) which date back nearly 9000 years is made up as well? Of course what do historians and archeaologists know eh?

I know to deny ignorance is a great policy but you can't deny things that have been recorded just because you disagree with them!

Just my two cents tho *gets back to photoshopping elongated heads*

Edit to amend spelling - I think my skull bindings must be too tight

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Jimbowsk]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You'd think that a discovery like this would make it to the world news instead of just to a YouTube video... but so far I don't see a single news item on it. I find this unusual... and the first skeleton they show is that of a normal skull that hasn't been modified.

CoolBlackHole, yes head modification was done just as the foot modification (foot binding) for high status Chinese women was done. The head binding simply involves putting a firmly wrapped cloth band around a baby's skull (in the case of the Aztecs, a flat board was put from the nose to the crown) and bindings were changed as the child grew. Children's bones are soft and they're very easy to deform.

You can deform adult bodies, too. If you have worn rings for a long time and take the ring off, you can see that the flesh under the ring has shrunk (same with watches.) People also develop dents in the flesh from wearing eyeglasses for decades.

The BME page on head modification IS correct. That's exactly how it's done, and unlike foot binding there's no real pain associated with it.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolBlackHole

What do you mean, if I cannot provide argument? You are the one making bold and fantastical claims with no evidence to back them up whatsoever and getting very defensive/aggressive when proven to be wrong.

Here is the Wiki entry you keep claiming does not exist any more due to it being untruthful and forcibly removed: en.wikipedia.org...

Some further reading for you:
www.clas.ufl.edu...

www.artificialcranialdeformation.info...

Just put it in google, there's books worth of written records, paintings, photographs, archaeological findings, etc. Where's yours? You have thoroughly substantiated nothing, except perhaps your delusions and denial of evidence. I stand by my original statement.

Did you even read the BBC news article on Pakistani rat children used for begging I posted earlier?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
And some more reading for ya about skull binding - from the Encyclopedia Britannica, pretty sure this isn't a disinfo website

Paracas

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Rat Children - the people doing that need to be hung up by their toes and slowly eaten alive by rats.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
So I gather the Tuanacen tribe of Bolivia that actively practiced head binding to create an elongated skull and trephination (removing sections of the skull to eliviate pressure) which date back nearly 9000 years is made up as well? Of course what do historians and archeaologists know eh?

Sure, the Tuanacen tribe of Bolivia…. You forgot the Zapicotls tribe in Columbia, the Zariustra tribe in Brasil, the Broselbotz Tribe in West India and the Tubitutu tribe in Indonesia....

1. They’re all having great fun torturing their children by binding and compressing their skulls. But ….“unfortunately” there’s not the slightest evidence nor any record of children actually being treated like that …. Hmmmm. Strange. Talk about evidence.

Those two "probably photoshopped" skulls on page 1 are obviously modern(!) skulls, so if there actually were modern tribes practicing such then there would of course be photos of children enjoying this treatment. But there isn't even one such picture in the whole world. So there isn't any - real convincing - "evidence" for the skull binding story.

Neither there are any records actually depicting ancient skull binding rites.

2. Moreover, I repeat, even if such strange “skull binding” rites existed or had existed, they could obviously NEVER produce those wide ancient skulls, which we’re actually talking about.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No no no, the WIDE elongated skulls are another story, the skull binding refers to just the elongated skulls and the practise of it on infants. The wide skulls just seem fake to me, whereas the pictures of people with elongated skulls seem definitely plausible. Have a browse for the pics of chinese babies having their heads strapped to a board to give them a flat skull. Babies skulls are extremely soft and can be manipulated without overbearing force or pressure. We live in a strange world.

As for photos of the procedure, I can't see that many tribes having access to cameras or the like - road trip anyone?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What I've always wondered is why they've did the skull binding to begin with.

There must be a reason for it. I think they were either trying to mimic something that they saw or believed in as being GODs or forcing some different behavior of the pineal glan or the brain in general.

Does anybody know if there has been studies in humans with such deformations?

As for the Japanese woman feet shrinking stuff, there is a obvious reason aside mere aesthetics; control. Womans with tiny feet's could barely walk so it would be very hard for them to run away or scape their "masters".

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
What I've always wondered is why they've did the skull binding to begin with.

Generally it's to distinguish one caste from another (the rulers are the only ones with head bindings). Tattoos also serve the same function.

Does anybody know if there has been studies in humans with such deformations?

Lots. Lots and lots. Anthropologists love this kind of stuff and study body modifications in tribal and modern societies.

As for the Japanese woman feet shrinking stuff, there is a obvious reason aside mere aesthetics; control. Womans with tiny feet's could barely walk so it would be very hard for them to run away or scape their "masters".

It was Chinese, and one theory said it began because the Emperor's daughter was born with a condition called clubbed feet. Another (with more credible documentation) says that it was to make the girls' feet as beautiful as those of the professional dancing girls. Only peasants had fat, flat feet
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think that skull binding is probably what causes this but that doesn't mean to me their inst an alien connection. What made them want to do this in the first place? I'm betting they did it as a form of idolizing aliens that visited and showed them different secrets of life.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to Is that a golf tee in his ear?post by Goathief

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolBlackHole

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Plenty of info on t'net about skull binding and the elongation of skulls from infancy.

Here ya go, linky for ya...

Cranial Binding

As to the alleged aboriginal “bound” skulls. These stories of aboriginal “cranial binding” are basically made up fairy tales to conceal the hidden human-alien connection issue.

Uhmm.. he showed pictures of adults... this is done today man.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I posted this several weeks ago on another thread and don't think anyone noticed
Here it is again. The article contains scientific data backed up with references and evidence of elongated skulls being artificial. No elements of lost civilizations or aliens. Just good old fashioned human ingenuity. The focus is on Iranian skulls, but reference is made to both Africa and South America.

Cranial modification is caused during infancy through the shaping of a baby’s head whilst it is still malleable. Such shaping can be caused by both intentional and unintentional means, using objects such as bandages or textiles, wooden boards, or even simply massaging the head, causing either a flattening or elongation of the human skull (Dingwall, pp. 12-13; Brofin, p. 191; Molleson, pers. comm.).

The prehistoric Iranian examples known so far all result from such ante mortem modification of the skull, as is also the case with many other examples recovered from throughout the Near East (Arensburg and Hershkovitz, 1988; Idem, 1989; Molleson and Campbell; Meiklejohn et al.; Özbek; Senyurek and Tunakan; Fletcher et al.; Daems and Croucher). Cranial modification is one of the most obvious examples we have from the archaeological record of the active manipulation of the body during life, demonstrating choices to treat the body in particular ways, with implications in terms of the reflection of identity and identity construction
Prehistory of Iran-Artificial Cranial Modification

It's very academic but worth reading to gain the understanding that 'scientists' aren't all making stuff up.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
"What do you mean, if I cannot provide argument? ..."

btw I said they deleted the Wikipedia “skull binding” entry, which was correct.

1. You're dodging. The substantiated arguments are on page 1 of this thread, third last post. They prove that the “skull binding” theory is a nonsense. If you want to seriously discuss, then tie on there.

a) Any REAL “skull binding” would be much too painful, a torture.

b) Skull binding would have to be practiced on children. But, besides the evident pain issue, there is not the slightest evidence nor any record of children being treated like that. Neither in ancient nor modern records. There isn't even one picture in the whole world of such a child treatment. What we often see depicted on those disinformation pages (see 2. below), are children with special hats or like, which certainly isn't "skull binding".

b) And, again, even if such strange “skull binding” rites existed or had existed, they could obviously NEVER produce those wide ancient skulls, which we’re actually talking about, like the one shown in the OP video or the famous Nofretete’s (see page 1). You could NEVER generate such “full girth" ‘conehead’ skulls by any “binding” method. Bindings/constrictions could - if at all - at most bring forth NARROWER skull parts, but not those 'wide' skull shapes.

2. I already mentioned there are HUGE disinformation efforts by you know exactly whom, TPTB. For instance Wikipedia is a fantastic website, but has a while ago begun to provide distorted/false information regarding many politically “hot” issues. Sorry, but I have to break that to you. The same goes for some other pages like e.g. www.clas.ufl.edu... i.e. a webpage conceived to deliberately provide disinformation. And most probably also for that funny book www.artificialcranialdeformation.info... NOW EXCUSE ME, BUT THIS IS HOW MODERN PROFESSIONAL DISINFORMATION WORKS!!! Build a website or other 'evidence' providing disinformation and distorted facts, then “refer” to it.

Even tons of disinformation cannot divert from from the real facts which are 1a/b/c above.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
As far as "credibility" goes, Russia is the New Mexico.

I don't believe anything that comes out of that area.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a) Any REAL “skull binding” would be much too painful, a torture.

I must've missed something in CBH's posts - the part where he said he was a Doctor, and explained his expertise on the subject. This seems to be the jist of his argument, but it holds very little water, like most assumptions.

Deny facts!!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
As far as "credibility" goes, Russia is the New Mexico.
I don't believe anything that comes out of that area.

Of course. That "explanation" in the OP video is ridiculous. Russian authorities lie as ours do. Formerly they did more so, but in the last years they were not only caught up but overtaken by our "authorities"/government.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I believe there once there were real entities on very ancient earth with naturally occuring elongated heads (the original mold). And, those entities and headshape were accorded a special regard.

Their reputation and lore, the old ones, has been passed down through thousands of years.

They might not have been human, or were a GENTIC MUTANT strain of humans. who had awe inspiring powers of mind, technology, or origin.

Elongated head statues are found all over the globe, Easter Island, the lost Cycladic culture, ancient Sumer (supposedly the Nephilim who are cited in Genesis), Ancient Egypt (Nefertiti), Maya, Axtec, Africa, Russia, etc.

These statues and the general head shape are traditionally given a royal, or worshipped status.

There is no biological advantage to elongated heads that we know of, except a lost symbolism as the original reason for cranial wrapping is lost, so far.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by havanaja]

[edit on 27-2-2009 by havanaja]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join