It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Shadow of the Shaman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This thread is about the awakening of your path. In European Shamanic tradition you had a Shaman that lived on the edge of the village between the town and the wilderness. This dividing line was called the Hedge. The hedge represents the edge of the mundane everyday world and the world of spirit. They were called "Hedgeriders" because they had one foot firmly planted in this world and the other firmly planted in that of "otherworld". The Hedgerider straddles both worlds.

In otherworld is the Crone, the old hag stirs the cauldron of death but is also the giver of life. This is called the womb and tomb for to get back to the beginning of the womb you first have to die through the tomb to be reborn. The hedgerider has to visit the Crone and take a tiny sip from the Cauldron. The death of the ego like Buddha, to not have wants of the material world and reach Nirvana. To taste the otherworld and bring this knowledge back.

The Roman Catholic Church tried to kill this Magick...this knowledge because they cannot control one that is awake and profit from or control you. They nearly wiped this nature based knowledge out. It is now coming back and the world of greed and power over others is dieing. We are in the revealing and the way of greed, control, lies and deception is dieing. The growing pains of going from the third to fourth density is what we are all feeling now.

We come to a crossroad as we near 2012. We now all straddle the hedge and all of us can become hedgeriders not just Shamans that have got here the hard way. The crossroads of 2012 are open for those that prepare themselves and are ready to cross over and return like a Shaman does in ritual.

This is the time of an individual path that does not need to follow another. You find your own path but first you need to look. If you are not looking and stay in the mundane mindset you will not see it when we arrive. You will miss the opportunity to look into the abyss and take taste from "otherworld" and bring that knowledge back with you.

You do not need to follow the Shaman but you do need to walk "In the Shadow of the Shaman"

Please discuss.

Thank you, LGM ATS resident Hedgerider.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with you. All ancient societies had their shamans, witch-doctors, wise women etc.

I think that all churches have repressed this knowledge, not just the Roman Catholic church. I have always said that I do not like churches. Churches repress people and introduce unnecessary feelings of guilt, as well as being responsible for a lot of hatred and warfare.

I truly hope that we are closer to our basic nature in these times. The churches and man-made religion have held us back.

It is probably true that only by going back to our true spiritual nature, and rejecting false religions, will we be saved, not necessarily in a physical sense, but in a spiritual one.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

So true...I had this moved to paranormal studies for better exposure.

Is anyone out there?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ahh my friend, the Shamans we meet are mystical but they are also all around us, If only we will open our eyes.

The Shamans of our Life.

I've known several and I've loved them all.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Ahh my friend, the Shamans we meet are mystical but they are also all around us, If only we will open our eyes.

Thank you mrwupy. All those wonderful Shamans you mentioned remind me of the answer to our world problems.

We all need to get "Closer to the Heart"

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

In otherworld is the Crone, the old hag stirs the cauldron of death but is also the giver of life. This is called the womb and tomb for to get back to the beginning of the womb you first have to die through the tomb to be reborn.

Geez, I had to delete alot to get this quote!

As a woman edging so much nearer to the crone phase............

Yet that in and of itself is not applicable, what is applicable is the terrific amount of indicators pointing me towards the Death/Rebirth aspect of life.

So many sources and personal signs are showing me this that I am totally consumed, (well, not really, but should be!)

It is kind of scary, even though logically I know that death/rebirth is a necessary part of the process it still holds certain fear connotations, and I would like for someone to help me understand a fuller concept, so that I don't freak out and think I have to die to gain knowledge!

Although parts of this post is in jest, other parts require the help of fellow members to allow me to separate the personalization of death/rebirth phoenix type experiences from the me that I know and love.

Rant, doesn't make sense............Sorry, posting impulsively.

Problem is the death rebirth message is everywhere I go.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Problem is the death rebirth message is everywhere I go.

If we can all reach the point of not wanting...so hard to do. Like Buddha to walk the middle path. Siddhattha before he became the Buddha walked the paths of pain and poverty before realizing he did not have to do that to get to Nirvana.

You know my path of sorrow better than anyone here IA. It is not the way.

When things go wrong in our life and we encounter difficult situations we tend to regard the situation itself as the problem, but in reality whatever problems we experience come from the side of the mind. If we were to respond to difficult situations with a positive or peaceful mind they would not be problems for us; indeed we may even come to regard them as challenges or opportunities for growth and development. Problems arise only if we respond to difficulties with a negative state of mind. Therefore, if we want to be free from problems we must learn to control our mind.

Please could other members that read IA's post give there help in this?

Edited to add external link

[edit on 28-2-2009 by LoneGunMan]

join