It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stroll Down Memory Lane... The Future of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
A good way of predicting the future is to study the past. After all, "history repeats itself," right?

Due to some recent changes here on ATS, and I am specifically referring to the new ban on ALL ILLEGAL DRUG RELATED TOPICS, I think we should ponder for a minute where this site is heading, by looking at the past.

NOTE* This thread is in no way referencing drugs, or their use, only the new ban on such talk. As such the ONLY topic of discussion should be where this ban is leading the future of ATS.

With this new ban, NONE of the following topics can be discussed. Since a hefty number of these topics can be found on ATS already, there's no harm in mentioning a few:

American Govt. Involved in Drug Trafficking.

'___' and the CIA

CIA plane crashes with 4 tons of coc aine on board.

CIA: Worlds Largest Illegal Drug Distributers.

CIA: Drug Money Laundering

Corrupt Police Department: 52 Indicted officers

NYPD Officer Caught in Drug Scandal, Sells Out Fellow Officers

Police Officer Charged With Selling Drugs

Mexico Dismisses 400 Corrupt Police Officers

and my favorite:
'___' is the Root Cause of All Religion.

So my friends, lets just sit back and remember all of the scandals and reasons why our Govt. acts the way it does. Lets reminisce (in our heads of course as we can't talk about it) why police officers have become so corrupt. And let ponder on how religion got started in the first place.

[a moment of silence please]

Lets look towards the bright future of this site. Lets think about all the subjects and conspiracies we may uncover.
Uh oh! I hope none of those conspiracies are found to have anything to do with illegal drugs, we'll have to stop the discussion!

Now, lets think "what if" for a moment.
What if we find out that the root cause behind the 9/11 attacks had something to do with drugs? No more 9/11 talk.
What if a current event topic unfolds involving smoking gun evidence against the CIA drug smuggling claims and an official investigation is launched? Can't talk about it here.
What if the Pope admits to smoking Marijuana, which would lead to questioning the entire Christian faith? Better yet, what if the Dead Sea Scrolls are released and we find out Jesus did? Sorry folks. gonna have to post that somewhere else.

These are all "what ifs," but those who frequent this site know that anything is possible. Its time to take a cold hard look at the future of this site. Lets study the past. What govt. has ever lasted? What empire has never fallen? They rise to great success and popularity, and before you know it they start attacking their own citizens by taking away rights one by one. Look at what the Patriot act did to our patriotism.

Once again, this thread has NOTHING to do with drugs whatsoever. If you post anything about drug use, get banned for all I care, you're an idiot. Lets just discuss the matter at hand, that this site, if it continues to suppress its users with backwards legislation, will go down the toilet.

Good day.

-Odessy

PS- If you have any feelings on this matter, Flag this thread. Lets get this some attention. Lets have our voices be heard.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Bump, de bump.

I want this to get across, not become lost in the 1000s of ATS threads, so you may see a few of these...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well put. I understand the limitations, but it all starts with one small move.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Good list of threads to illustrate a point~!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I agree that rules need to be made. They have been. The rules in the Terms and Conditions clearly stated that there is to be no talk of illegal drug use in these forums. Those are the rules I signed up with, not these ones.

I believe to help solve the problems, we should make the rules stricter, up until a "one strike your out policy" is needed (if need be).

We have forum moderators. They can watch these threads, they often do. Look at how many posts get removed in the political and 9/11 threads, tons!
If a person makes a post regarding their drug use, remove the post and warn the person. Take away points, and if it happens again, ban them.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You know what used to actually be great about ATS?

It was a place for genuine thinkers to put up decent theories about this, that and the other. Not morons to kiss Ron Paul's arse, or point out why x was/is/will be the antichrist and will cause the ruin of the earth in 2012.

People posting about how weed should be legal because they choose to indulge in it weren't a part of that for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jBrereton
People posting about how weed should be legal because they choose to indulge in it weren't a part of that for me.

Have you missed my point entirely?
Did you skip past the links I mentioned?
This has nothing to do with the occasional thread of the topic you mentioned.
This goes deeper into the hearts of many important conspiracies, such as the ones I listed above.
By blocking all of those posts you risk the chance of becoming ignorant to very important matters.
I would rather let the silly threads exist and die because nobody cares than lose out on important information such as our govt.s involvement in illegal drugs and new mandates that may be passed.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm a strong believer in presenting solutions to negative situations.

I've already mentioned the warn and ban suggestion, but how about this one:
Create a new forum. Keep it separate from the front page (in other words, regardless of popularity, that post wont make the ATS headlines).

Keep all of the old rules. People can't talk about personal experiences etc. Continue to do what you were doing, but now you'll only have to do it in one forum, and you dont risk the chance of it ending up on the front page of the site.
People who have subscribed to the forum can still see the top threads through their 'My ATS" page.

This way, the discussion of important topics are still made available, and we are not ignorant to very important topics that may affect our lives.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

You certainly have a well-supported argument. Though Springer said in the OP of the "end of illicit/mind-altering drug discussion" thread that negotiation was futile (followed by what I imagine to be a deep and unsettling Darth Vader inhale), they're backtracking as we speak. Apparently, the furor it has caused is compelling them to take a step back; we'll see how it goes.

And look! Who knew someone who isn't even particularly interested in discussing drug laws or the related government corruption could be so upset by this? Looks like they've made quite a few enemies for themselves, even among those who aren't (gasp!) drug users
. I know--it must be absolutely mind-boggling that a non-drug-user might be concerned.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Really "coincidental" alex jones had a guy talking about the mexican military smuggling drugs on today.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by kcired_tsew]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes
reply to post by Odessy

You certainly have a well-supported argument. Though Springer said in the OP of the "end of illicit/mind-altering drug discussion" thread that negotiation was futile

I don't think any matter of importance is Futile. We have power to make real change if we speak our mind, on ATS and in the real world. A lot of people are just too scared because the "powers that be" say they wont bend.
Thank you for you comments. Much appreciated.

kcired_tsew,

Please man, as I stated in the OP, this thread was in no way made for talk about anything but the ban on such topics. Please delete your post. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
Please man, as I stated in the OP, this thread was in no way made for talk about anything but the ban on such topics. Please delete your post. Thank you.

The END of the discussion of illicit drugs/mind altering substances on ATS

If you want to discuss this recent news, please do so in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Closing thread...

top topics

join