It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Pentagon lifts ban on KIA coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Official: Pentagon lifts ban on KIA coverage

The Pentagon today lifted its ban on media coverage of coffins of war dead as they arrive at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware, according to a senior U.S. defense official with direct knowledge of the decision. The coverage must be approved by families. Defense Secretary Robert Gates is to announce the policy change at a news conference at 2 p.m. ET, the senior official said. developing story
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I can see the Pros and Cons of such an act...
Same with keeping it in effect.

People are not "fully aware" that American and NATO forces are at WAR with the Terrorism...

This is change of tone.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by xbranscombex]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Is the MSM going to start ramming it down our throats on slow news days????

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
I can see the Pros and Cons of such an act...
Same with keeping it in effect.

People are not "fully aware" that American and NATO forces are at WAR with the Terrorism...

This is change of tone.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by xbranscombex]

Fully Aware?

What do you expect when you have an administration, especially the new Secretary of Homeland Security, calling the Global War on Terror anything but a War on Terror?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
^^

We know we are at war..
But at what cost?

Do you, or anyone else.. I sure don't, I should though, wake up and say a prayer for our soldiers and througout say realize there is your friends, or your friends friends out in a +105 degree litter box in grave danger.

Maybe when the coffins start rolling via live feeds on CNN, people will start to greive.. little more.. will start to get angry.. little more.. and actually REALLY end this war.. before 2011+

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The bad thing about this is that those poor soldiers will be used as a political angle. I hope none of the family members gives their consent to show their deceased loved ones.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

...The coverage must be approved by families...

All they're doing is taking the responsibility of having to deal with it off of themselves and throwing it to the families. Furthermore, they're actually making it HARDER to take pictures of the coffins because you have to get approval from EACH family, and it's nearly impossible to do so because you have no idea who is in the coffins.

[edit on 2-26-2009 by elderban]

new topics

top topics

join