It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Is Offline Due To Stoner Idiots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by -NewSense-
Wow, how...facist of you.

How many times have you idiots been told!!!! Holy,jumping,Jesus Christ!!! If drugs are not pertinent to a discussion, DON'T EVEN MENTION THEM!!!! HOW HARD IS THAT FOR LUGHEADS TO UNDERSTAND!!!!
Well prehaps they were part of the discussion. I mean, there's been enough drug talk on here in these last few days. So it could quite easily have come up as a topic of chat, in a chat room linked to this site.

I'm past caring now. I was all "give us a voice" and that, but # it. I just don't really care enough anymore.

care'o'metre is regestering a cool -0

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Thanks you stoner idiots...

Chat was a great resource for members to get to know one another outside of specific discussions on the board.

I've made many friends from visiting chat and will miss it, should it not come back.

Now maybe a few will understand why I pushed the T&C's so hard in chat.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   
Deny ignorance as long as its socially acceptable and dosen't offend anyone

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Kernel is confused

Originally posted by spookjr
So basically what you are saying is that because you dont make any money on chat and the conversations seemed to offend your delicate sensibilities you have discontinued it.

Isn't he saying that ATS is providing a free service at the cost of the site? Isn't it also true that the TOS apply to chat? Further, didn't everyone agree to the TOS when registering?

Maybe you should create a list of what we CAN talk about here.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by spookjr]

The Kernel wouldn't mind if to talked about "Good Bye" and really meant it. This childishness is quite fatigueing.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
End of the day... Chat is a perk.. I hate to see it go but i also hate the fact that people have misused it,
Its not something that any younger members or people sitting there at work or home in a family situation should have to be exposed to,

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

I've been a member since 05, and yes IT HAS UNDOUBTEDLY changed. No doubt about it. But so has the size of the community. That has changed incredibly. The amount of new members, new visitors, etc. is huge in comparison to when I joined. I think you need to take that into account.

The sheer size to which this size has grown is VERY difficult to upkeep. Right now there are over 480 members online. How many of them do you think are posting, and how often? That is a good deal of posts and complaints for the staff to keep up with, considering they have lives too. They are doing this for free, on their time. That means they come home from work, taking care of the kids (if they have any), and try the best they can to upkeep this site.

They want this site viewable to everyone. Due to censors outside of ATS control, drug talk and cursing would cause certain groups of people the inability to view ATS, because of these outside censors.

Do we like it? No. Is it the way it is right now? Yes.

What you want is the "freedom of speech" at the cost of somebody else experience.

Again, things changed because times changed. Filters, membership size, viewership size, sometimes the rules have to be changed if the site wishes to continue to exist/keep itself open to certain groups. The Amigos decided that having everyone be able to view the site (not have it filtered out because of a select few discussions) was more important than having a couple questionable discussions you could do elsewhere just as easily.

I think that makes sense, so I stand by that decision.

Rather than complain about the rules, look at the reason they were created, and try to find a better solution. That is just my opinion.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Not all the stoners are idiots and not all the idiots are stoners. There are quite a few stoner idiots though. I, myself, choose not to the in the "stoner idiot" crew.

What it comes down to is personal responsability. Conducting yourself in the appropriate manner. S.O and the Three have found more and more people choosing not to conduct themselves in a manner befitting ATS rules.

Go elsewhere to be stoner-idiotic, if you must be at all.

Not to hard to follow that rule, I've done it for years now.
Cuhail

link   
For those whining.....
Have you ever concidered that some of those ppl in chat may be minors?

Maybe you might enjoy posting gore as well.

Grow up.

Mungo

link   
Game set match... the stoners win in chat... But don't let them take the forums.

Is there a way to possibly have a thread flagged as a drug discussion where the staff can closely monitor that discussion and once flagged all posts added to that discussion are withheld from public view pending staff approval of the post? Like what I believe you do now with anonymous posts??

If a submitted post is not within the rules, or terms and conditions no one ever sees it.

You do that, and after enough failed attempts to derail a legitimate drug discussion the stoners will give up and go away.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Maybe legalizing drugs would be a good idead afterall.
You could tax the hell out of the stoners and make some money for munchies, er snacks.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Maybe legalizing drugs would be a good idead afterall.
You could tax the hell out of the stoners and make some money for munchies, er snacks.

What part of NO DRUG TALK ON ATS do you not understand? This is a good example of what SO is talking about, this thread is not a debate its a statement.

Lug

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What a load of BS over BS!

Is this thread gonna go to 50 pages too? Geez... get a grip.

Chat is temporaily closed because people were doing in there the same thing that caused the drug threads to get shut down.

I'm starting to think that there's some people in here that are doing it just to cause trouble intentionally. And some wanna get all disgusted with staff over this? O0oo! censorship! Oo0o! my free speech! Geez, get over yourselves.

How about working together like some are trying to do? At least they're DOING something besides just complaining.

Waiting for the mods to find everything in all of the forums in BTS, ATS, Media and Chat sure puts the load where it shouldn't belong because the membership are the REAL power here. Take control and DO something about the ones that are causing the problems.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i will admit to having a few warnings. and ive never said anything like what has been quoted, and i agree i think alot of stupid stoners and non stoners pretending to be just to undermine liberty are ruining it for us all. I want the change that will bring true liberty to responsible people who enjoy alternate things other than alchohol, and i get mad at stupid stoners, but i dont like my choices being critiqued or oppressed because there are many many dumb drunkys who are way more out of line than a people who are fed up with oppressiveness in america, land of the "free" if you can afford to be. Its a lie, a sham, a scam, and i for one am a disgusted and honest american, maybe the only one.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Exactly... Intelligent discussion is fine. However, if you just want to talk about what it was like to "trip" last night, forget it.... It is of little to no interest to most of the folks who post here.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is heartbreaking news. Do you realize how many times I have logged into chat for homework help or from extreme loneliness?

It is utter nonsense to abort chat altogether, just have a no tolerance policy and ban the offending members.

When the earthquakes were happening in England, I went straight to chat and was able to share information and lend support to my fellow members.

When my area was getting hit with some of the biggest tornadoes in recorded history, I as a single Mom counted on chat to be there and for the support of my fellow members. I could not have felt secure without them.

When the ice storms hit, I checked in regularly to chat for up to date info from fellow members getting hit prior to my location to surmise what I was to expect.

When I am so lonely I just cant stand it, I check in with chat and most often laugh my head off and it dispels the loneliness.

Come on guys, this is not right!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmm...

Isolate an opposing group by turning the populace against it with blanket measures.

Hasty to the untrained eye. Downright sinister and manipulative if you know what makes people tick.

Just a thought, for which I fully expect to get a bollocking for. May be true, may be way off. Who cares. It's done, and its down to an individuals judgement now.

That said, I do know that certain Chatters who love to give it the large for the sake of being Rebel Leader where having trouble keeping their mouths shut. Clearly they need lessons in diplomacy. Diplomacy is not a risk of losing face in a situation. And before anyone gets in my face about saying this, those who know me know I am not giving ground, I am simply promoting discussion rather than fights.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Can someone help me understand something? Is there no Ignore button? Is there not an option for members to vote out people who are disrupting a chat in a childish manner? I never was in chat but I'd like to know if these feature are available and if they aren't, can't they be implemented in chat to fix the problem?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't understand why the ones in the chat that were discussing inappropriate things can't be chat-banned for a few days or something. This idea FAILS!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I resent all stoners being called stupid.

I know many idiotic people and they are straight edge (no beer, no smoke) and they are some of the biggest crap talkers on the planet.

On the same coin, i know many stoners who provide fascinating discussions about life, spirituality, religion, conspiracies etc....

Life isn't that black and white.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Daystar

I agree on that second part. There are some members who think breaking the rules, ON A PRIVATELY OWNED SITE, is some how in keeping with the idea of "freedom of speech and protest". In reality, they are just breaking the rule, probably because they are bored or agitated, or some teen rebel spirit kicking in them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join