It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesbian Banned From Xbox Live

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Lesbian Banned

For starters, I’m not homophobic, but I personally find this type of behavior annoying. What we have here is an individual discussing something that is just totally inappropriate. It's an issue of decorum, not discrimination. People are there to play games! Just as ATS has the right to remove your post if inappropriate or even ban if they so decide, so does Xbox Live.

This is my question. WHY??? Why talk about your sexual orientation? I have NEVER introduced myself to anyone as a heterosexual, “Hi, my name is apaulo, I’m straight.” So why do it? If you want to discuss sex it’s probably because you are looking for a partner, so go to a dating website.

I work with a lesbian. She happens to be a very sweet person and I have NEVER had anything against her or any other homosexual, but she doesn’t go around advertising it. That is because it would be “inappropriate” to discuss something like sex at the work place.

This is NOT a homosexual issue; it is an issue of proper etiquette and decorum.

BUT, the gay community is jumping on this as if it were some sort of hate crime. Whatever!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No offence here:

But is an XBOX community the best place to be talking about lesbianism?

For one thing there are a LOT of children who play these games, who do not need outside influence in deciding their sexuality.

Besides, why on earth would she need to brag about her sexuality?

Seems to me it's nothing more than pro-homo propoganda, if this was a straight guy or girl getting banned for such stuff, would there be such uproar?

I think not....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
Lesbian Banned

I work with a lesbian. She happens to be a very sweet person and I have NEVER had anything against her or any other homosexual, but she doesn’t go around advertising it. That is because it would be “inappropriate” to discuss something like sex at the work place.

I too work with a lesbian, who is a very nice girl, but i wouldn't expect her to be so childish as to tell us about her experiences and preferences....

Keep it decent and keep it clean i say....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
lol from the sound of the OP I thought she was going to be describing her relations not just stating her sexual orientation.

To be honest though if these people are annoyed now at that (the article said the people harassing her were mostly angry about their kids seeing the word lesbian) imagine how angry they will be when the government install their plans to teach primary school kids about homosexuality.

Seriously is this a conspiracy to make more people homosexual to keep the worlds population down

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I tend to agree that you shouldnt talk about your sexual orientation on XBOX Live. Just think about all those 10-16 year old boy sneggering behind their mics.

And we all know children are complete @$$holes. One of them probably thought it would be funny to report that gay sounding guy to the higher up and got him banned.

It's ridiculous and unwarranted in my books.

Edit: (apparently snickering spelled with 2 g's is offensive?)

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Tentickles]

link   
Someone got banned for this? That is tame compared to the usual crap that gets talked about on there. Personally I think they need to take away all voice chat from XBL, there is never anything good on there and most of the conversations melt your brain.

link   
I am all for lesbians. Especially if both of them are cute.

It seems that others do not agree . I wonder why x-box live would ban a lesbian?.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I really get tired of parroting the same line, but oh well...

This (x-box live) is a PRIVATE service. They can deny access to whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.

If she doesn't like it, let her go elsewhere.

Just as a side note, I would maintain the same line in every single instance- even if she had just been kicked out for her race, nationality etc. Its a private service, run by a corporation that can dictate its own terms as far as that service is concerned.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
I am all for lesbians. Especially if both of them are cute.

It seems that others do not agree . I wonder why x-box live would ban a lesbian?.

Maybe some young boys parents found him having online sex with another person?
I dont know it's stupid.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
When will the gay community learn...they are just not going to be accepted by everyone. Get over it. And I agree, if your part of ANY video game community or on-line group you have to realize MOST of your fellow players are under 21...so you better be able to handle the comments....the maturaty level just isnt there.

That as you really think xbox (a BILLION dollar industry) is going to give a ---- about 1 upset lesbian vs the majority of their money making machine?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So does this mean the hordes of pre-pubescent ADD psychos who scream profanities and various slurs ranging from ethnic to racial to gender to orientation will soon be banned?

If so, there wont be anyone left to play.

Did I mention I hate Live? Yeah, I hate Live and the children who just wont shut up.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by farther84

To be honest though if these people are annoyed now at that (the article said the people harassing her were mostly angry about their kids seeing the word lesbian) imagine how angry they will be when the government install their plans to teach primary school kids about homosexuality.

I also disagree with primary school children being taught about homosexuality, it's disgusting and as if innocent children need to be taught such things. Don't get me wrong, maybe that's a subject left for more mature children and teenagers...

This is only poisoning our childrens minds.

Oh and before i get bashed, i'm not sexist, racist or against anyone in particular, i have no problem with most gays or lesbians as i take people on their individula merit and unlike groups such as the homosexual mob who are taking this out of context, i prefer to think about subjects before rushing in and acting like a pathetic little mob.

Freedom of decency for our children i say.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I agree, I have nothing against homosexuality but it should not be brought to the attention of children under the age of 15. I'm all for it being taught in secondary schools but primary schools? Kids barley know what sex is at that age.

As for the majority of users on xbox live being kids, I don't think it should be allowed. You would have thought if she was being harassed for saying she is a lesbian in her profile....... she would just take it off? Obviously not that cleaver.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So does this mean the hordes of pre-pubescent ADD psychos who scream profanities and various slurs ranging from ethnic to racial to gender to orientation will soon be banned?

If so, there wont be anyone left to play.

Did I mention I hate Live? Yeah, I hate Live and the children who just wont shut up.

Star for you. I played Live twice and had enough in a matter of minutes.
It's absolutely horrid that children act that way.
I dont remember shouting obscenities like that when I was a child.
What has happened to our children!?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The ONLY time i get on live is for Mowing down the little ones in GTA-IV. It has to be one of the best experiences with a multiplayer game. those kids use some very creative curses. I almost bet if the admins would occasionally scan the chatter channels they would do alot more banning. I had to get on urban dictionary too look up some of the stuff being yelled. I would go into detail but i dont need a post ban here.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
Why talk about your sexual orientation? I have NEVER introduced myself to anyone as a heterosexual, “Hi, my name is apaulo, I’m straight.”

so true, i've never understood people who invest so much of their identity in the people they feel attracted to, it's just not that interesting a subject.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
To be fair I wouldn't mind talking to a lesbian on Xbox Live.

It would make a nice change from all the pre-pubescent trash talking that goes on in there.

Anyway, on-line gaming is overrated. You just can't beat a good single player game like half life or fallout

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I play CoD on live almost daily. I'm surprised out of all the garbage people say on there this woman gets banned. I have heard some pretty disturbing things (mostly racism). IMO Microsofts efforts should be directed towards the racist a-holes that are on there. BTW nothing like sniping an annoying little kid on Halo, CoD, Gears of war lol.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

…there are a LOT of children who play these games, who do not need outside influence in deciding their sexuality.

Yes, this is something I was thinking about too, but forgot to mention.

Seems to me it's nothing more than pro-homo propoganda, if this was a straight guy or girl getting banned for such stuff, would there be such uproar? I think not....

TOTALLY AGREE.

Originally posted by farther84

...imagine how angry they will be when the government install their plans to teach primary school kids about homosexuality.

This is why my kids go to a private school…

Yet I have a question, and maybe a whole thread could be dedicated to this thought…

America was found on the principle of freedom of religion. IAW…

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO TELL ME WHAT TO BELIEVE,

especially when it goes against my conscience, BUT we have schools that are teaching religious beliefs in the name of “science” and “political correctness.”

I think it’s about time we Americans grew a back bone!

Seriously is this a conspiracy to make more people homosexual to keep the world’s population down

I think that’s a very good question! You may be on to something…

Originally posted by rcwj75

When will the gay community learn...they are just not going to be accepted by everyone. Get over it.

Exactly. I find that so many homosexuals are looking for acceptance and approval which makes them hypersensitive.

FACT is NONE OF US WILL be ACCEPTED by EVERYONE.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join