It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GA House Bill 1 - Outlawing Abortion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

To amend the Official Code of Georgia Annotated so as to provide that prenatal murder shall be unlawful in all events and to remove numerous references to such procedures; to amend Title 16, relating to crimes and offenses, so as to make certain findings of fact; to define certain terms; to provide that any prenatal murder shall be unlawful; to provide a penalty; to repeal certain exceptions to certain offenses; to provide for severability; to provide an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

Link

Looks like Georgia is also going against the Federal government on the Abortion Issue. This bill is in early stages but I will definitately be watching it.

This bill was also proposed by Rep. Bobby Franklin. The same guy responsible for this Bill:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Still he can make any bills he wants but the bill have to be passed by the state senate and then has to go into referendum.

As usual such bills are to generalized and open and the people tends to vote against them.

Like I said in another thread Colorado try to to do it and went as far as putting the bill in the last general elections in the state, but the people in the state vote against it.

This types of bills only target the woman's control over their bodies and that never sits well with the voters that many happen to be also women.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I understand that any kind of bill can be proposed. Even a bill to dissolve the US as we know it. But I have been noticing a pattern lately of these kind of bills defying the Federal government. They seem to be increaseing, with all the Fed talks and the sovereignty stuff going on, this just seems to add fuel to the fire.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistenceUnknown

I am pro-choice and I seriously doubt the bill will get passed. It is a woman's body and her right to abort a fetus within time limits.

It makes me cringe when a woman might have to give birth to a child of a rapist just because her government says she has to. What a horrible thing to live with having a reminder everyday that you were raped.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Actually this a campaign been launched by Judie Brown, president of the American Life League (ALL).

Mission

American Life League, which claims to have 300,000 members, aims to persuade Americans and Catholics about its views on abortion, birth control and euthanasia. ALL is involved with issues pertaining to the sanctity of life, with an emphasis on abortion. American Life League describes itself as "pro-life—without exception, without compromise, without apology." ALL's mission is to end all forms of abortion without any exceptions for the life and health of the woman, rape, incest, fetal abnormality, viability, or IVF. According to its president, "Abortion is never necessary to save a mother's life."

en.wikipedia.org...

They are actually very radical in their views and disregard the safety of the woman body in many instances in their pursue of anti abortion, that alone should make anybody think two times about what their mission truly is.

Seems like to enslave women wombs in their pusue of righteousness.

Their group already have 19 states into the groups agenda.

But they have a slap on their faces when Colorado voted against the bill after they manage to get it through the state senate and into the general election.

The problem is that any Senate in any state can pass the bill, but they can not push the bill into the population of the state without the vote of the population in the state.

To by pass referendum will only bring a challenging of the bill to the supreme court Roe vs wade.

I have not doubts that one state will be stupid enough to gain enough support from the votes to do it, but that will only make women to seek abortion across the borders of their state.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I happen to be pro-life. But I do think there is an argument for abortion in the case of rape or incest. I do not, however, think abortion as a means of birth control is acceptable, and that is what it has become.
For those of you who complain about never receiving your social security, yet you are pro choice, think about this. We have aborted the generation which would have paid for your social security benefits. As well as medicare.
And before you try to blow my arguement out of the water, give it some serious, I mean realy serious thought about the matter.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sorry to tell you this, but Kettlebellysmith, that is a lame excuse.

We already have a blown out generation for illegals in this nation that their proliferation is well beyond the means for this nation to support.

Actually birth rates in America within the citizens population is decreasing due to economic reasons, but when it comes to the illegal immigration birth rates are souring.

Still this babies will be US citizens they will thanks to America tax payer will be able to help support the nations SS one day.

The issue about the OP is how Bills are been wrote and thought about to be pushed in the individual states challenging the Supreme court decision of Roe vs wade.

But the real agenda behind these bills will affect any women that has a functioning reproductive womb.

As the bills that are pursue are too generalized to be fair to all.

The bills are to push agendas and the agendas of only supposedly 300,000 in a nation of millions should never be allowed.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Just to specify there are over 325,000,000 people in the USA.
Post.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
All woman will do is go to another state or god forbid have back alley abortions which put the mothers life at unnecessary risk,no one has the right to tell a woman what to do with her own body.Its completely draconian no matter how you word it or phrase it.The large majority of woman who take the route of having an abortion do so after much consideration and thought,its not just a quick easy birth control method.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Why or why do they keep beating a dead horse?

Abortion is legal, get over it and focus your attention on other issues!

The ALL are a bunch loonies, maybe they should take their valuable time and money and look after children who are already born and living in poverty or are sick with diseases, but no. Easier to demonize women who make the tough choice to abort. Damn the consequences of of unwanted children, as long as their born who care what kind of life they have?

These kind of peole make me ill.

Also..Tentickles..I hate your avatar, it's just too damn creepy

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I think is sexy in creepy kind of way

Anyway, you are right, I have a feeling that the reason these Organization is been so bold lately influence the anti abortionist radicals within the state governments is because after the election we now have a pro Catholic in our white House as the Vice president.

Religious fundamentalist comes in many shapes and with many names.

This one is actually in the side of under the Umbrella of Catholics in the nation.

Still under Bush it was more of radical fundamentalist but Bush prove to be no so fundamentalist friendly as he claim to be during his 2004 campaign.

Now this is a trend and that is only peruse by just a few within the population with enough power to manipulate politicians within state governments should raise some flags.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

What are your opinions on the states right to decide what it chooses to be legal/not legal? Pro-life/Pro-choice aside, do you think it is right for the federal government to come in and tell a state what laws it should enforce? Abortion to me is a state issue that should be decided by that individual state, not the federal government. That is what this issue is about for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
how nice, another go nowhere bill declaring abortion illegal that is totally ignoring the health and welfare of the mother....

seems to me, they don't really want to do anything about the abortion issue but to rant and rave about it!! their bills won't pass the mustard when it comes to the supreme court, it will be shot down, for just that reason....

the women's health and well being is a secondary issue for them....

well, tell ya what, I don't want any of my tax money being used to remove your cancerous tumor either!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
ExisenceUnknown sorry you miss my answer to that, but I already posted in this thread what is been happening with this random bills been showing up and down the nation.

And already what one state did when it was put into their general elections.

I have been keeping the tags on this issue for a while.

You are right is up to the individual states "citizens" to vote in this very personal and touchy subject but as you can see one state already vote against it because the bill is too generalized to be taken into consideration

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This bill has been the first bill submitted to the GA legislature for years. It's almost a tradition around here. It will not go anywhere. It's simply a vehicle for political grandstanding. (Yes, I live in Atlanta...)

[edit on 26-2-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

I am from Ga too, and to tell you the truth this state sometimes comes out with the most bizarre bills you can imagine.

I guess when our state politicians gets bore they just can not help themselves.

new topics

top topics

join