It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New strange star in the sky hi def vid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This says it was posted feb 04
This not Venus. Its the other bright pulsating star some say Sirius.
Either way you gota watch the video, its absolutely memorizing.
www.youtube.com...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
another one
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I absolutely loved it.

It resonates...........

Thanks for sharing. Parts of the vid are exactly what I see from my limited binoculars, yet much, much more!

Venus???

Ya......That's's what they say!

[edit on 25-2-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

The pulsating effect is caused by using autofocus. There is nothing to focus on so it slides in and out of focus.

The patterned effect is a result of using digital zoom (as opposed to optical zoom).

Once again: here is my demonstration of what happens when these things are used with a digital videocam.
I have a Panasonic, other brands/types of cameras display different but consistent effects.
media.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok, how do I embed it?

[edit on 2/25/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yours is remarkable too, Phage!

I am so infatuated by the light!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, Auto-focus is a bear in low light conditions.
I shoot sky shots often, and you have to go to manual focus or you get exactly what is seen in the video..a slightly confused camera.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Why make another thread about stars?

Wasn't your 26 page thread enough?

Anyway with the details provided it could be Sirius, without a specific time though, it's hard to be sure.

As for the second video, it mentions that the object moves back and forth, yet when zoomed out it hasn't shifted from it's point above the building. So again, just a star (Sirius) or planet (Venus)

So, is this really any different to the dozens posted in your other thread?

No.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Over to the right it says embed in ATS and will look like this:

(atsmedia)631(/atsmedia) but with square brackets

Your vid

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Why make another thread about stars?

Maybe because it is important!!!

Just because something is *dismissed* by the multitude doesn't mean it isn't worth checking out the ideas of *new* thinkers!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Maybe because it is important!!!

Just because something is *dismissed* by the multitude doesn't mean it isn't worth checking out the ideas of *new* thinkers!!!

But the other thread is still relatively new, it was started 16 days ago, why not add to that one? It is after all his own thread!

I noticed in another thread that foremanator complained that he gets a lot of negative responses to his threads, maybe it's because he's aiming for quantity not quality and this thread is an example of exactly that.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
But the other thread is still relatively new, it was started 16 days ago, why not add to that one? It is after all his own thread!

I noticed in another thread that foremanator complained that he gets a lot of negative responses to his threads,

Well maybe that is the problem, I have noticed many times the topic gets lost for some all forgotten reason!

It can even seem at times like groups of "distractors" come along and control threads beyond "user content".

With all the new rules and constraints, I would think the behavior that predictably runs a discussion into the ground by disruption would be addressed, YET ON THE OTHER HAND>>>>>

To create a law is to create a crime~~~

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by foremanator

The pulsating effect is caused by using autofocus. There is nothing to focus on so it slides in and out of focus.

The patterned effect is a result of using digital zoom (as opposed to optical zoom).

Once again: here is my demonstration of what happens when these things are used with a digital videocam.
I have a Panasonic, other brands/types of cameras display different but consistent effects.
media.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok, how do I embed it?

nonono i've been seeing this in the sky the past 2 nights right in line with orions belt.. rotating through the sky with any other star..
goes from the size of a regular star to the brightness of venus randomly
flashing BRIGHT green white and RED definately pulsating.. and i'm seeing this with my own eyes.. not through a camera.
tried recording it with my cell phone.. just does NOT show up.. i just get dark sky.

could this be this green comet?

-

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It has to do with the type of star it is. I see them a lot but anyway the light from certain stars seem to change color because of something in the atmosphere distorts it. They are the most fun to watch though

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

nonono i've been seeing this in the sky the past 2 nights right in line with orions belt..

-

What you are seeing is probably Sirius. The brightest star in the sky. Changing colors, changing brightness because of scintillation (twinkling).
homeboyastronomy.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I absolutely loved it.

It resonates...........

Thanks for sharing. Parts of the vid are exactly what I see from my limited binoculars, yet much, much more!

Venus???

Ya......That's's what they say!

[edit on 25-2-2009 by interestedalways]

Well, if you are referring to the "New Strange Planet/Star In Sky" which has been discussed into exhaust here in ATS, then I can assure you that the object in question is Most Certainly Venus or Sirius. I am an Avid Skywatcher/Astronomer, and I have yet to notice anything remotely anomalous in the Night Skies as of yet (In regards to Planetary Bodies or Stars).

I live within the same viewing region as those who have reported this "Sighting", and the only Object which has acted in correlation with the increase of Reports is Venus. It is currently at its greatest Annual Magnitude of -4.8, which is extremely Bright and Lucid. Not to mention the fact that as of now the Northern Hemisphere is mostly inundated with a constant overlay of Crisp, Cool Arctic Air, which adds further to the Amazing Viewing Conditions, and thus Amazement behind the Visual Display of the Aforementioned.

As for this particular video, the Videographer jumps forth with the Ludicrous assumption that these Objects are in fact UAO's Charading as Stars, without even taking into remote possibility the fact that they ARE Stars. There is no mention made of Movement or Unusual Characteristics, and as such, this is proof of nothing more than a Fantastical Claim.

BTW, I am by no means a Closed-Minded Skeptic, I simply believe that Logic must be applied to all cases, and a Proper Analysis must be undertaken.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
[edit on 26-2-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by prevenge

nonono i've been seeing this in the sky the past 2 nights right in line with orions belt..

-

What you are seeing is probably Sirius. The brightest star in the sky. Changing colors, changing brightness because of scintillation (twinkling).
homeboyastronomy.com...

yesss it totally is Sirius.. I must be lapsing in my googleological searching prowess.. which is usually honed quite acutely.
Thanks for that link,,, I've been trying to find where and what it is.. the thing is..
It doesn't really start to go hog wild until about 2:30 am.. when it's very low on the horizon..
must have something to do with the lensing effect of the atmosphere..
closer to the horizon = more atmosphere to pass through etc.. like sunsets where the sun appears larger.. or moon.. etc..

I'd like to see a live image of sirius in google earth/sky .. but alas.. it's been censored out for the past two years and we aren't allowed to see it.

sigh..

-

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

First off, allow me to apologize for my language.

I am just trying to understand what this is.
I can tell you for sure, that this object looks even MORE brilliant through binoculars. So the "Auto-Focus" explaination doesn't have me sold.
Not on this one anyway.

Do stars run the spectrum of color? This runs, red,green,blue, amber, and of course white all in a matter of seconds.

I REALLY appreciate any help identifying this.
THANK YOU very much.
-TURK182

[edit on 8-2-2010 by turk182]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i see something like this every night when theres not a whole lot of cloud cover with my mere eyballs! only the one i see flashes red and blue i've nicknamed it the flying pig!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by turk182

Autofocus causes the strange shapes seen in videos. The changing colors are caused by scintillation and are visible with the naked eye and through telescopes and binoculars.

"During cold February nights, the twinkling of bright stars is especially striking; sometimes they seem to shatter into dazzling shards of blue, red, and green,” Teske says. “While the vivid display delights most star watchers with its movement and color, the twinkling interferes with delicate observations made by astronomers.”

Twinkling of stars—called “scintillation” by astronomers—is caused by moving air currents in the atmosphere. The beam of light from a star passes through many regions of moving air while on its way to an observer’s eye or telescope. Each atmospheric region distorts the light slightly for a fraction of a second.

www.ur.umich.edu...

[edit on 2/8/2010 by Phage]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join