It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy: Air Force Head says UFOs possibly ET craft

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
But if you are whistle blower that means your bull #ting?

Not at all.

And what General Di Giorgia is doing is not whistle-blowing. He is giving a wishy-washy answer.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Gordon Cooper, Buzz Aldrin and Ed Mitchell all put thier 2 cents worth in about this and no doubt we will hear more disclosures.

I don't know about the other two, but here is an interesting bit about Buzz Aldrin's UFO sighting...

To get the story straight, I called Buzz Aldrin, who was happy to explain what happened. He said that his remarks were taken out of context to reverse his meaning. It is true that the Apollo 11 crew spotted an unidentified object moving with the spacecraft as they approached the Moon. After they verified that this mystery object was not Apollo 11’s large rocket upper stage, which was about 6,000 miles away by then, they concluded that they were seeing one of the small panels that had linked the spacecraft to the upper stage (any part of the spacecraft’s rocket upper stage will continue to move alongside the spacecraft, as both are floating in free-fall). These panels were too small to track from Earth and were relatively close to the Apollo spacecraft. Aldrin told me that they chose not to discuss this on the open communications channel since they were concerned that their comments might be misinterpreted. His entire explanation about identifying the panels was cut from the broadcast interview, giving the impression that the Apollo 11 crew had seen a UFO. Aldrin told me that he was angry about the deceptive editing and asked the Science Channel to correct the intentional twisting of his remarks, but they refused. Later, Aldrin explained what happened on CNN’s Larry King Live (left, bottom) but was nearly cut off by the host before he could finish.
SOURCE

Thanks for the info

The trouble is we are not sure if he got a good kick in the arse to change his story?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The trouble is we are not sure if he got a good kick in the arse to change his story?

He's never changed his story, as far as we know. He's been misquoted and taken out of context.

And you are speculating.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

He's never changed his story, as far as we know. He's been misquoted and taken out of context.

And you are speculating.

Not as far as I am aware Savior!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate please?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I feel you have no tolerance for the Military spokesmen and I do not blame you, but sometimes they do let a little out or some hint of what might be going on.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate please?

Speculating!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Speculating!

Do you have any evidence that Aldrin was pressed to change his story? If not, then it is speculation.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Speculating!

Do you have any evidence that Aldrin was pressed to change his story? If not, then it is speculation.

Let me go off topic for just a bit!

ATS is becoming a War Of Words between members and that is not good my friend dont you think?.

We are here to discuss matters with a productive out come and not always to present evedence just to please the one upmanship that goes on here.

Every little comment has to be picked to death and with all the Ts crossed and the I dotted.

To tell you the truth it is realy pissing me off and please do not take it as personal.

Ok # Buzz Aldrin and nope I have no Evidence on his part, just his rantings.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

If we were to base what we believe on the personal beliefs of our officials and authorities, we would believe a lot of silly things.

Are you saying that it's silly to believe that extraterrestrials are 'possibly' visiting our planet for example?

Oh look, it's my stalker

[edit on 3/3/09 by Majorion]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
Are you saying that it's silly to believe that extraterrestrials are 'possibly' visiting our planet for example?

Someone failed to understand the point.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
It seems that there are a helluva lot of people like Roberto Di Giorgio; making such 'personal claims' in regards to the UFO phenomenon, and the fact that you cannot rule out an 'ET' explanation.

If we were to base what we believe on the personal beliefs of our officials and authorities, we would believe a lot of silly things.

A good point!

But if you are whistle blower that means your bull #ting?

I don't think General Di Giorgio is a whistle blower, just like the U.S. Generals who ran 'Project Blue Book' are not whistle blowers.

Personel beliefs come from first hand experience, and the more these guys come to the party the better.

Of course this is true "in general" -- people's general beliefs come from their general experiences...but not everyone who believes that ETs are visiting Earth are people who actually had a first-hand experience. In fact, General Di Giorgio doesn't even say he has any evidence -- all he says is that ETs can't be ruled out as a possible explanation for some UFOs.

I don't think we can infer that he has "inside knowledge" by that statement, just like we can't infer that EVERYONE who believes ETs may be visiting us has actually had an unexplainable sighting. Some people believe simply based on the existing open-to-the-public evidence and nothing else.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who believe in the possibility of alien visitation who never saw a UFO.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Of course this is true "in general" -- people's general beliefs come from their general experiences...but not everyone who believes that ETs are visiting Earth are people who actually had a first-hand experience.

To illustrate SGiP's point, most people who believe in God will claim no first hand knowledge of God's existence. Belief is not necessarily born of first hand experience (or some sort of insider knowledge).

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Thank you really interesting article.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Personel beliefs come from first hand experience, and the more these guys come to the party the better.

Personal beliefs dont always come from first hand experience.
There are many factors.
Sometimes they come from our up bringing, sometimes we`re influenced by media, friends, family, and to some people...by what we hope to be true.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join