It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE biggest and most mind-bending coincidence on Earth!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
To me, this just leads more credence that the Moon is an artificial satellite and was purposefully put here.

I mean, the Moon has no magnetic field and vibrated for hours after the crew either, landed or stuck the flag pole in it giving the impression it is hollow.

Like the events on 9-11, the Moon seems to generate more questions than answers.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

It only generates questions among those ill-informed or simply uneducated about the moon. Science has a firm understanding of the moon. Your worries about the core or its vibrations are ridiculous, and mean nothing.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
When you also consider that it's rotation and orbit are matched as well (This is why the same side always faces us. Rotates once per orbit.), it gets really strange.

Almost like it was artificially stabilized at some point...

It's called "Tidal Locking" and is not at all rare in our solar system.

Over 30 other moons in our solar system are tidally locked to their planet -- meaning those 30+ moons always show the same face to their parent planet.

All four of Jupiter's major moons are tidally locked to Jupiter (Callisto, Europa, Ganymede, and Io, plus four other smaller moons). Saturn's larger moons are also tidally locked (Titan, Enceladus, Tethys, Rhea, Iapetus, Mimas, and several others). Phobos and Deimos are both tidally locked to Mars. Pluto and Charon are tidally locked to each other (i.e., the same side of Pluto always faces Charon, and the same side of Charon always faces Pluto.)

...and it does have something to do with the orbits becoming stabilized, but it isn't artificial -- it's the way nature works.

[edit on 3/8/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish
To me, this just leads more credence that the Moon is an artificial satellite and was purposefully put here...

...but the Moon is moving away from us, and thus will look smaller when seen from Earth in a few million years. It only looks the same size as the Sun "now". However, "now" is just a blink of an eye in the time scales of the Earth and solar system.

In the past the Moon looked bigger, and in the future it will look smaller. So if "someone" put the Moon there because they wanted it to be the same (apparent) size as the Sun, they did not do a very good job keeping the apparent size stable and constant.

[edit on 3/8/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by wycky
It is an awesome site, would love to see one in person one day but the biggest mind-bending coincidence on Earth!- not for me

Happens one or two every year....

Not for me.
The last one in Australia was in 2002 and that occurred in South Australia.
Next one in Australia is 2012 and that is just across the tip of QLD.
I live in Sydney, and the next one to be viewed in Sydney will be 2028
www.sydneyobservatory.com.au...
I might head up north 2012 to watch

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Normally it wouldn't even be noticed, other than a slight darkening of the omnious light around you, as if you walked into a shadow. However, like my science teacher back in primary school explained when he witnessed a solar ecclips way back, it was like the day turned night in a few seconds and then went back to normal. He said it was like the Sun dissapeared. Obviously his experience must have happened when the Moon was about a strawrof hair bigger, in "perigree". He even explained how birds stopped singing for a while. Creepy!

Hope you'll have a blast!
-<

[edit on 12/3/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
George says there are no such things as coinsadences, only synchronisity

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think you have something there.
There is a basis on liner dimensions.
How simple the universe has become.
After all gravity attraction and static charge potential work
as point sources no matter the size of the objects.
How the theory might be constructed we have to leave to
the experts.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is the greatest coincidence ever. I just started reading up on this and its the one thing that can just make you sit down and think but never get a real answer. Nothing can factually prove it, or even make a really good argument. I need to read through this thread more, but man the ideas it envokes in my head. What a world we live in, where solar systems and just big atoms and everything solid is really barely there at all.

Sit back and enjoy the mind melt

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join