It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have the terrorists won?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who said "Those who give up their freedom for security deserve neither".

Terrorists have managed to take away our rights by their actions. Their actions have helped government here in the USA and around the world justify the illegal surveillance of their own people.

Other civil rights violations have been deemed acceptable because of terrorism. Terrorists while having not been so successful with their military endeavors have caused a climate change with how people view freedoms.

That being said, people have given up their freedom for security (not everyone, but, many have). So have the terrorists won by creating this climate of fear?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In essence I believe, yes.

The goal of terrorism is to inspire terror. If people can be rallied so easily with "emotional" speeches then clearly there is something wrong. Humans are naturally afraid to begin with, the attack on 9/11/01, false flag or no, along with everything the American government did thereafter was incredibly successful in pushing many over a precipice.

It also doesn't help that the people haven't had to assert themselves in forever, some people believe the more you repeat a lie the more truthful it is and that just because the constitution still exists that it's not being desecrated... in that case.

America hasn't changed. America hasn't changed. America hasn't changed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i would sat they have won. since the second terrorist attack on the World Trade Center we've been subject to extra security and fear-mongering. crayola-based threat codes, take your shoes off when you show up for a flight, etc. you can go on and on about whats changed. now I am not saying we don't need them, but some of this has gone too far. the bad guys don't ever have to launch another plane here in the US.(not the place to be in for that argument) but as i see it, as long as tptb have these things in place to help the terrorists or not, we will never be in a more powerless state of being.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Perhaps they won a few battles but the war is far from over.

We must chase the perpetrators and accept nothing less than *a full and unconditional surender*. To quote mr. rusmsfeld we should use "shock and awe" to accomplish this!

Send them to guantanamo bay for an indefinite period of time and use gitmo and sexual perversions to extract confessions. Will the pawns rat on their masters?

[edit on 25-2-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think terrorism is used as an excuse for the governments to take away our freedom. I'm not saying terrorism doesn't exist, only that it is a convenient tool to help enforce the controlled society.
Freedom for security. We never really had a great deal of freedom to begin with, only constrained choices which lead to an illusion of freedom.
I think the governments (or Illuminati depending on your beliefs) have won and the terrorists will never win, they will merely plod on.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Have the terrorists won? Another question would be are the terrorists propaganda made up for manipulation purposes. If the latter than, I guess they won and they have not won all at the same time.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
America and it's cliet state Israel face militancy because they are represive regimes ; America has faced more terrorism since the 1990's because it has been becoming increasingly more oppresive and murderous .. the oppresion is against the Palestinians with alot of American support and then the oppresion of the Iraqi's and Afghans under an American puppet regime. It's not terrorism it's a violent backlash to oppresion and murder.

Notice in the 1970's post vietnam there were few if any terrorist attacks against westerners, despite their continued support for zionism, when Israel became increasinly violent in the early 1980's with it's invasion of lebanon that killed 20,000 and it's massacres.. America sent large amounts of economic and military iad to Israel to help it with it's quagmire in lebanon, the militants responded by hijacking planes and bombing discos where Americas frequented, and bombing the marines sent to help israel occupy lebanon. there was a clear surge in violence once Reagan had become president.. Carter had prevented Israel from attacking lebanon. The 90's saw a sham 'peace process' in which Israel continually pushed the Palestinian population into smaller bantustans while expanding jewish settlements and jewish only roads and demolishon of Palestinian homes and assinations, all with excessive American support..meanwhile American continued a brutal blockade of Iraq and constant bombing for basically no reason other than to murder arabs for the zionists..this lead to the cole bombing and a comparitivly minor attack on sept.1101 ..

when America says it's 'fighting terror' that basically means it's fighting resistance to it's oppresion..

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I agree with this gentleman

only to add

The terrorist won because they could not lose , they were backed

by our government , so losing wasn't going to happen

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You're real right: terrorism is no more, than myth itself. alike actions need complex of things: war skill, weapon, inside information about targets -- now, a little question: who has all components for

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y

You're real right: terrorism is no more, than myth itself. alike actions need complex of things: war skill, weapon, inside information about targets -- now, a little question: who has all components for

......sure. We are winning the War on Terror. Even if most of you think the CIA is incapable they have done a hell of a job so far. Case officers and assets have been winning this war and fighting in since it started. SA teams keep eliminating the high value targets and the Jihadists find themselves without leaders. They are starting to run out of thinkers.

Iraq and Afghanistan aren't the only countries where we are fighting. But yes overall we have the advantage right now. Even if Delta disbanded (huge mistake) we still have enough SOG guys and counterterrorism efforts going on right now to make it work. But this war hasn't even reached the midpoint either.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
No, they have not won. To win we would all have to convert to the Muslim religion and submit ourselves to the various religious laws.

The caliphate has not been reborn, that is the goal of the "terrorists".

They will never win..

A famous quote by a Japanese Admiral in WW2:

"A rifle behind every blade of grass"

When asked about the possibility of invading CONUS.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by crisko]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It seems that they really have won! Not Al-gaeda, but the real terrorists (your own government). 9/11, London and Madrid bombings have zero to do with Al-gaeda or any islamist militants. First there was "cold war", now terrorists. what will come next, alien invasion?

Wake up people!!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The terrorists won the day they committed murder.Its a sad fact but they won something they didnt intend to win.

The only way to win the war is to enlist the women of the country to stop having sex with the men of the country.If this is done on a large enough scale the war will end quickly.The reality is that every billion that we spend that doesnt go towards improving the living conditions of the children of the country is one billion further from victory we step.

Help make life better for the women and they will stop the war.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by scordar
It seems that they really have won! Not Al-gaeda, but the real terrorists (your own government). 9/11, London and Madrid bombings have zero to do with Al-gaeda or any islamist militants. First there was "cold war", now terrorists. what will come next, alien invasion?

Wake up people!!

Show me concrete proof that we were behind those events instead of just riding the bandwagon. And I am not derailing this thread. Just show some concrete proof. And even then that doesn't mean the theory is correct. Actually you can't answer the question of which side has won because it isn't over.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am not a great believer in the concept of 'false flag' operations but I do believe that the 'WOT' is more about government spin than actual 'war'. Having lived through the troubles in Northern Ireland in the 70's, 80's and 90's and the way this spilled over into terrorism on the British main land (even ignoring the years of insurgency in NI). I am pretty surprised by how we think about terror now. Margaret Thatcher famously said "No surrender to the IRA" and this was obvious by how we, the British people continued with our way of life without fear.

The 70's was also an active time for terrorists in Europe with Marxist and other radical terror groups at work. Despite all of this, it is only now that we feel that we need to remove civil rights (to the general population) and justify spending billions on various programmes which we cannot gauge the success of. Of course we can argue that it is effective as there hasn't been a terrorist atrocity committed in the UK or US since 7/7 but could we also not argue that the threat is just not that high and compared with the frequency of terrorist attacks over a longer period, the rate has fallen; not risen.

With doctored videos of Osama Bin Laden popping up whenever their was a domestic political issue under the Bush administration and recent warnings from the UK Government regarding 'imminent threats' (funnily enough when their is a spotlight on expense irregularities by MPs - I believe that the boogy man of terror is a means to distract us from whatever they want to distract us from plus there is also a great means to reduce civil liberties and spend lots of tax money on stuff we will never see or feel the value of.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I dont ususlly speak about war because it isnt a necessary reality.However I will make an exception today,if we forget the drivel that the media feeds us we can get to the meat of the matter.

Killing and dying are not fun things to do.Human beings arent naturally inclined to surrender their lives for an idea,they must be forced through physical and emotional turmoil to first feel that they have no hope and second that there is no alternative but to sacrifice their lives to preserve the lives of their loved ones,wives,relatives and most importantly children.

One man in one small country with a twisted agenda and the power of circumstance can iniate a program of despair that will progressively "create" the circumstances I described earlier,thereby lighting the fuse that leads to the emotional powder keg that explodes to begin a conflict,which then begins a war.
How we get to the point of being involved is easy to see,How we stop a war is easy to see,the real question is how do we prevent the situational dynamic that provides a fertile bed for war to grow in?

Simple ,lets ask some of our military friends this question.Why wasnt hitler assasinated as soon as rumblings of war were heard by the world?I am not a soldier but I dont have to be one to know that if you cut off the snakes head the body will die,it may take time but the body will die.Why wasnt Bin Laden assasinated the instant the world was aware of his intentions towards violence?I mean long before these despots got going.

Is it because our country doesnt condone assasination?Are we that cowardly that we BEG the worlds countrys not to assasinate our leaders with the PROMISE that we wont kill theirs if they dont kill ours??Come on military people you all must know what a snipers priority targets are on a battlefield?You take out the leaders,if they arent hiding in a privates uniform.Kinda reminds me of the no assasination "rule"doesnt it?

We cannot say that we cant prevent war,we just have to make our leaders vulnerable to assasination to do it.Ask a president what he would rather see ten million dead countrymen or himself assasinated,if his answer isnt the latter then the wrong person for the job is sitting at the podium.A leaders job is supposed to be progressive not defensive.

So it must be democracy that makes us all protect our leaders at the cost of possibly millions?Heres some news for you,DEMOCRACY as we all accept it DOES NOT EXIST AND CANNOT EXIST because there is no global forum with which to poll or accept a vote from EVERY HUMAN ALIVE ON THE PLANET AS WE SPEAK.You see the reality is that the world has changed faster that our politicians could keep lying to us.

The internet has changed our world forever.no more lies,no more media control,no more dictating reality to billions of people on a whim.

You see,the war is already over its just that no one has killed Osama Bin Laden yet.If someone had killed him ten years ago there would have not been a war. For world peace to exist we must drop the veil of our self-serving,compartementalised illusion of democracy that our grandparents were able to honestly and honorably represent,you see they are innocent of our crimes because they REALLY DIDNT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AVAILABLE THAT WE HAVE.

If you are spoiling for a fight so you can defend a dinosaur like democracy you better start hunting the people who created the internet because our way of life as we know it is gone forever,wars as we have known them will soon be gone forever,Politicians and manipulators will soon have no place to sell their wares.

Humanity will educate itself at lightening speed and every non-progressive self-centered,democracy preaching politicians and political henchmen will disappear like the dinosaurs did and for the same reason,they are not needed any longer.

Global democracy and individual personal global accountability for our actions,not hidden behind a false defense of an illigitimate democracy.

top topics

join