It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Some of you people I swear. Do I believe everything Beck says? Hell no, but he is saying things that us crazy truthers have been saying for damn years. If it is, or if it is not a ploy from the hidden powers that be to divide us more, he is still spreading some truth. Keep on him to keep telling the truth and let him know, as well as let our elected officials know that we are not going to be fooled again. Elected officials are pretty much a lost cause at this point though.

This coming from some form of mainstream media gives a little more legitimacy to what us crazy kooks have been saying for all these years. Here is an idea people, instead of worrying where this info is coming from ( and that is what most of you are doing, eww fox news bad, you are as brainwashed as all the other sheep you bash for watching fox news) spread it, get off your asses and spread it. People are going to be more receptive to what we crazies have to say, the more they hear it from a "worthy" source. You have to be careful of anywhere you receive information, but that doesnt mean it isnt true or that there are always ulterior motives behind the delivery. I know my wife said to me after watching Becks show, like the other poster, "my god honey you have been saying this stuff for years and I really never believed you, now I am seeing it with my own two eyes."

People change minds change, and it is a very, very hard thing to admit what you have been taught is a farce. Like him or not, agree completely with what he is saying, and why he is saying it or not. USE HIM, use him as a tool to awaken some of the sleepy sheep that will take the message from him as truth. I dont mean to be crude, but a lot of us use the spit and push method of delivering what we think the truth is, sometimes we need a little lube to ease the truth into to peoples minds. Beck might be a good way to do that with A LOT of people.

The biggest thing is that we all stick together, and keep fighting the good fight.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wish no ill will on Glen. I have listen to him for years also. It came to a point for me before the last Bush election that Glen was no more than the thinking man's Rush Limbaugh. While Rush was seducing the 'ditto heads" Glen was seducing the hard working, God fearing middle class.

Glen is an "entertainer". He is not a prophet. He is not a savior and he is not your glorious leader.

Rush admits that he is the leader of his pack of ditto heads.

Glen wants to come off as being too humble to say that but if you want to make him your leader, well.....

Listen to what he has to say and if some of it hits home, is insightful or inspiring for you so be it.

Just remember when you agree to carry a snake across the river what you can expect when you get there.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1

Where was Beck on the economy 3 years ago...2 years ago...a year ago? A year ago he was fear-mongering the Iranian situation...it was the end of the world! US/Israeli military intervention was mandated!

Now he's riding the popular wave of economic Armageddon, and he'll be allowed to continue as long as his position serves his employer's agenda. Beck provides a steam-valve, a loophole...he's the Fox News challenge to Lew Dobbs...the politically oriented Olbermann/Maddow. Yes, ultimately it is about market share. Beck may be sincere in his political views, most of which I disagree with, but he is way behind the curve with his oversimplified economic commentary.GL

He was selling us Bush and all of his constitution destroying, America selling, middle finger waving rhetoric.

He was anti-Obama espousing all of the same poison, lies and half truths that the rest of his ilk was spouting off.

Suddenly he has changed?

Now that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove are gone the government is bad?

Just because a person tells you what you want to hear does not mean that he is telling you the truth.

Glen Beck is an employee and he does what he is told.

If he believes what they tell him to say then I guess he is just a really malleable kind of guy.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
you all assume too much

Beck is a dumb ass

no offense intended, he will tell you that himself

he was an alcoholic....

he is a pretty good "people person" and he makes up for his lower IQ with being able to identify hot topics and trends with-in his listening base.

guys like Peter Schiff, ideas like inflation, Beck isn't the guy who will figure this stuff out by reading, Beck probably doesn't even read.

But he will pick up on buzz and hear say. But, Rush...he is not.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I completely agree with your posts about Glenn. I don't know him but have listened to him for about 3 years now. I feel that he speaks from his heart and truely cares about what is going on in the world and our country today.

I found him after turning off Rush, Hannity and several progressive talk shows. I wanted to listen to both sides and couldn't find it anywhere...until I found Glenn's show.

He always says that he does not believe in the conspirary theories out there but I find that much of what he talks about parallels with what I read on ATS.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Beck is there to lure in the viewers that O'Riely had alienated.

Lou Dobbs 4 life baby!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
He was selling us Bush and all of his constitution destroying, America selling, middle finger waving rhetoric.

I guess you werent listening when he went out and bought a gun because he thought Bush and Co were going to sell out the 2nd.

Or when he was complaining about domestic spying.

Or the 10 million times he called Bush a monster for spending like a ghetto trash idiot who just won the lottery.

I really have to wonder how much of these "anti-Beck" opinions are coming from people who get all they know about him from partisan blogs and Keith Olberman.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Lou Dobbs 4 life baby!

Now there is some truth worth quoting here!

If you really want someone in the media to "tell it like it is" Lou Dobbs is who you should be watching/listening to.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I guess you werent listening when he went out and bought a gun because he thought Bush and Co were going to sell out the 2nd.

Or when he was complaining about domestic spying.

Or the 10 million times he called Bush a monster for spending like a ghetto trash idiot who just won the lottery.

I really have to wonder how much of these "anti-Beck" opinions are coming from people who get all they know about him from partisan blogs and Keith Olberman.

No. I wasn't. I had given up on him by then but I am not impressed that Glen changed his tune.

He will sing what ever song is keyed up for him

I am not knocking the man for wanting to get paid.

I am just saying don't make Glen your rally master because he is like the Golem in the LOTR.

He may help you to get were you are going but his eye is always on the ring.

I believe he may share your journey but his destination may not be the same.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ok.

If he is right...he loses everything.

If he is wrong...he loses all credibility and much more. He'll be laughed out of town.

Why is that worth the gamble?

Looks like a lose/lose situation to me.

It doesn't matter if you think he's a whack job or not or if he's in it for the money, much of what he is saying is true.

He's been saying it for awhile..only now more people are listening because much of it is beginning to come true.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Stylistically Divergent

Mr. Beck' non-threatening, 'gee whiz' persona appeals to some folks. Hannity' hard-edged, openly opinionated approach appeals to others.

Glen Beck? Sean Hannity?

In terms of sensationalized news coverage and fear-mongering...please, explain the difference

GL

Glenn Beck___August 22nd 2006 ???

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I agree. And I can relate a lot of the time to how he feels, because I found myself thinking the same things. It's like, all the pieces make sense; but I don't want them to make sense. In Beck's words, there's only one way that all the pieces make logical sense, but that also goes down a really dark road.

And the fact that he says this stuff on national radio and television really makes me respect him more. He has integrity.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I started watching Beck when he was on CNN. When he went over to Fox, I just kept watching. To those of you who disparage Mr. Beck's intellect, honesty, and guts, let me say this. Beck isn't a professional journalist. He admits that. He was a DJ, for God's sake. He is a recovering alcoholic. He admits that. He also admits he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so he has to spend a little more time researching, reading, digging, and then putting all the pieces of the puzzle together. Maybe if some the knucklehead on ATS(myself included) had done this 10 0r 15 years ago, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.
Sorry, but I don't think there is anyone on this board with a pair of cojones like Glen Beck.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

If he is wrong as he has been in the past he will simply move on to another topic, and the paranoid people will follow those that don't are not a problem as his audience will grow anew.

If the economy turns around in time, and doesn't completely collapse into the doom gloom beckish hyper-paranoid scenario he will likely go back to his more humorous content, celebrity interviews, political figures etc. Then he'll find another hyper-paranoid end of the world bomb to drop on his audience... More ratings... Yay!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join