It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mattang

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by jaamaan
What i am looking for possible connections between the mattang, symatics and other geometric principles.

Hmm. They certainly observed the patterns and noted them, but I'm not sure how detailed they got into them. Math is very detail oriented and would have recorded the exact angle and so forth. I believe the Mattang was used on a "close enough" kind of principle where you look for something that appears to be "close enough" to what was observed.

They didn't have elaborate mathematics. If the Greeks had been using this system, they would have had all sorts of equations and number theory and would have made it a pretty exact thing.

I guess you are right that they did not have "elaborate mathematics" to figure out the higher principles behind their mattang wave reading.
Maybe they did but i have not found any clear information on that one.
I would still think it was possible that they did bring this wave reading to a higher level and i will surely post it if i find anything about it.
My knowledge of ancient civilizations is very limited so any additional information is most welcome.

<< 1   >>

join