It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those pesky cell phone calls fom the 4 stricken aircraft...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have never owned a cell phone, and I fly only infrequently. This thread is for discussion of the cell phone calls purportedly made by thise who afterwards lost their lives on the four jets on the morning of 9/11/01.

My questions will become more indepth as time goes on in this thread, especially viz a viz the government line on the attacks vs. other theories, but for now I covet your help undewstanding the process of calling from the air better:

1> How difficult is it to use a cell phone from the cabin of an airplane in flight?
a. Do airlines have restrictions as to when they can be used?
b. Have those restrictions been altered since 911?
c. Do you need to use a credit card to do this (or would they have needed to at that time)?

2> How reliable is the connection in flight?
a. Do you get through to the ground as readily--first time--as you would, ground-to-ground??
b. Is there typically any difference in the quality of the connection, given the possibility of interference from the aircraft's avionics, etc.

3> Are these types of calls traceable just as ground-to-ground calls are traceable?

4> Have you personally ever made a cell phone call of this type? If so, please tell us about that experience.

Thank you...I'm looking for solid imput from all political persuasions here...and now bickering or name-calling...thanks.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
anyone else wanna take this one....

okay, I'll do it.... be back in a minute, going to search all of the threads that have been over this a million times...

hang on...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
might start here with some research team members on where to find exactly what you're looking for..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here's one : 9/11 and cell phones :

This one will take to all the threads pertaining to 9/11.

hope this helps

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Next time try using the search function before you make a new post.

You would be surprised at the number of people who have already started threads along the same topic.

top topics

join