It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet (Web) 2.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have been on ATS for about 3/4 of a year and have not seen any mention of Web 2.0, the second version of the internet, yet I have heard a small negative outcry on our precious Internet 1.

Just wondering if anyone has any insight to offer on REAL benefits of upgrading to a "better" internet, or if there are any negative aspects concerning this new internet that some schools across America have and Government agencies have already implemented.

Thanks for any news and your opinions concerning this topic.

Companies in relation to web 2.0

Main design theme, maybe?

en.wikipedia.org...

I also put this in General Conspiracy Theories because I figure its not Breaking Alternative News since this idea has been in the works for years.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by unknown known]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Its already happened, hasnt it ? Its a referell to when the networks where upgraded and the way information was shunted around that happened a few years ago.

Essentially it means the ISPs are going to screw us slowly over the next few years, there has been outcry on that on these forums.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
check this out:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I thought I heard they were running out of IP addresses, that there were only 4 Billion, now with the growing amount of sites they need to change it to sustain the increase.

I dont know maybe it already happened...

Maybe I thought it was a bigger deal than it is, I thought it would restrict what we can view, like television. Only certain things will make it on.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Web 2.0 is a term given mostly by web developers and internet gurus classifying the internet as it evolves. What it means is that instead of a bunch of static sites, ie: Geocities, we have social networks, ie: Myspace, where people can create, share, upload, and interact with the web more.

If your referring to the breaking up the internet services into package deals, similar to what cable companies own, then i refer you to www.savetheinternet.com...

I guess im just a little confused by your post and I hope this clears things up a bit.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
Web 2.0 is a term given mostly by web developers and internet gurus classifying the internet as it evolves. What it means is that instead of a bunch of static sites, ie: Geocities, we have social networks, ie: Myspace, where people can create, share, upload, and interact with the web more.

If your referring to the breaking up the internet services into package deals, similar to what cable companies own, then i refer you to www.savetheinternet.com...

I guess im just a little confused by your post and I hope this clears things up a bit.

yes...you explained all ... thats web 2;.0

new topics

top topics

join