It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobby Jindal....Blind to the Poor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
After listening to the speech on CNN by Jindal, it is apparent to me, that in a state with a less the lustrous record of taking care of the poor and disadvantaged, that he is far from credible in his anylization of the situation of the nation.

After lisetning to his speech, his perception of beleiving that American commerce will take care of the economy, is a hollow shot in the dark.
The days of the Republican voodoo economics have been felt for a long 8 years.

I for one, put my foot down, and sound a resounding din in the mind of equality and a recognition that the Government that is of the people, for the people and by the people, needs to be attentive to the ills of the people.

With a 12 trillion dollar budget, as well as unpresidented spending of a non president occupying the white house for 8 years, I can hardly condone his opinion as being valid.

It is my hope, that America maintains an ear of compassion rather then the corporation, which Mr Jindal seems to think is the way out.

If we have learned anything from GW Bush, it was that war is not an economy, and that Republicans will let the economy fall into peril while still maintaining their political position.

No More.

Peace

[edit on 24-2-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
yeah i have to agree with you. Also when following someone who speaks like Obama (He really is almost as good as Reagan IMHO) you do not want to throw out someone who was as stiff as this guy was. He really looked bad IMHO

[edit on 2/24/09 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It wasn't just that his oration was terrible, or that he seemed to be running for some 5th grade student council with that speech that insulted my intelligence (and honestly, he is a very lovely Rhodes Scholar so I know he doesn't even think in such simplistic terms as to the likes of what was put fourth) but it was indeed the "chance" those republican dissenters had to show the american people their side of the story.
That's all you have?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
as well as unpresidented spending of a non president occupying the white house for 8 years, I can hardly condone his opinion as being valid.

Are you serious?

Did you notice how much money Obama just signed on to spend??

THAT'S unprecedented.

It is my hope, that America maintains an ear of compassion rather then the corporation, which Mr Jindal seems to think is the way out.

There is a difference between compassion and governmental welfare.

Americans are the most generous people on earth, and they don't need the government to tell them how to do it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
As someone whose former job brought me to every corner of the state of Louisiana, meeting with all types of people, I witnessed shocking levels of poverty and illiteracy. I say Jindal needs to put the needs of his constituents above his own political aspirations. I'm very disappointed in this otherwise good and decent man.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There are shocking levels of poverty and illiteracy in every state in the country.

The same could then be said of every elected official....including Mr. Obama himself.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
There are shocking levels of poverty and illiteracy in every state in the country.

The same could then be said of every elected official....including Mr. Obama himself.

how dare you question or bring into a bad light the chosen one and his views

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

And you are correct. But Mr Jindals very state has this distinguished recognition. Look not in President Obamas eye for a sliver, when you have a plank in your own Mr Jindal.

Louisiana finished 47th in the nation in student achievement and moved up from last place to 48th in a category used to determine a child's chance for success.

This Administration has left a scar that will take a very long time to heal.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

And you are correct. But Mr Jindals very state has this distinguished recognition. Look not in President Obamas eye for a sliver, when you have a plank in your own Mr Jindal.

Louisiana finished 47th in the nation in student achievement and moved up from last place to 48th in a category used to determine a child's chance for success.

This Administration has left a scar that will take a very long time to heal.

Peace

that wouldnt have anything to do with anything that happened before bush right????? no of course not, because we all know America was the best country ever before bush..

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
because we all know America was the best country ever before bush..

Before and after Bush, America is certainly one of the Best Countries.

However, it can be safely said:

America most certainly was in better shape before Bush took office versus when he left.

We are now doing damage control due to the inaction of his administration and blind eye policies regarding domestic issues.

Peace

[edit on 25-2-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It is my impression that Mr. Jindal wrote his speech before he even heard Obama's.

The Republicans seem to have nothing new: just tax cuts for the rich. And "faith in the American people" (because the Republican party is not going to do anything for them).

At least Reagan had new ideas and could make a great speech. But that was a long time ago.

Now it seems like the Republicans are just clueless.

new topics

top topics

join