It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Howdy!

I'd like some more information on Nikola Tesla if anyone has any good links

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   

One of the more controversial topics involving Nikola Tesla is what became of many of his technical and scientific papers after he died in 1943. Just before his death at the height of World War II, he claimed that he had perfected his so-called "death beam." So it was natural that the FBI and other U.S. Government agencies would be interested in any scientific ideas involving weaponry. Some were concerned that Tesla's papers might fall into the hands of the Axis powers or the Soviets.

The morning after the inventor's death, his nephew Sava Kosanovic� hurried to his uncle's room at the Hotel New Yorker. He was an up-and-coming Yugoslav official with suspected connections to the communist party in his country. By the time he arrived, Tesla's body had already been removed, and Kosanovic� suspected that someone had already gone through his uncle's effects. Technical papers were missing as well as a black notebook he knew Tesla kept�a notebook with several hundred pages, some of which were marked "Government."

www.pbs.org...

MOD EDIT: Removed excessive external quote. Please see this for more information.

[edit on 4/17/07/17 by junglejake]

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   

In 1931 Tesla announced to reporters at a press conference that he was on the verge of discovering an entirely new source of energy. Asked to explain the nature of the power, he replied, "The idea first came upon me as a tremendous shock... I can only say at this time that it will come from an entirely new and unsuspected source."

www.pbs.org...

MOD EDIT: Removed excessive external quote. Please see this for more information.

[edit on 4/17/07/17 by junglejake]

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Document refering to secret experiments at Hill Airforce Base.
which refer to Teslas diary.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Nikola Tesla
252 pages

General information about the electrical inventor and inquiries from members of the public about what federal agency seized his papers after his death. As of 1943, the papers were retained by the Alien Property Custodian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

foia.fbi.gov...

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
thanks for the information Q !

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Bright skies - Top secret weapon testing?

Strange light-events have been reported over many
remote parts of Australia in recent times. With the
meteor theory ruled out, could these energy bursts
and beams be part of some classified Tesla-style
weapons program?

Extracted from Nexus Magazine, Volume 4, #4 (June-July 1997).
PO Box 30, Mapleton Qld 4560 Australia. [email protected]
Telephone: +61 (0)7 5442 9280; Fax: +61 (0)7 5442 9381
From our web page at: www.peg.apc.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
thanks for great info Q.....

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I know its three years plus and yahoo and google search brings up a
lot of Tesla links now, I am checkiing out many of them now and wish to
add some.

A lecture
Tesla's patents
Tesla coil builder.
Radient Energy

In Fleetwwood, UK north of Blackpool, right on the edge of the water has triangle
ship sightings that one government official said was a new plane. Then complaints came in that war planes do not go over residential areas.

The ufo flight system may be traced back to Tesla's patents which would make
the ships man made. One of Tesla's patents is missing from the patent web
page. This is speculation but not beyond the physics of pulsed directional E
fields and a planer radial B field.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 15-5-2006 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have seen other forums reference Tesla's nephew, then some one posts
Tesla had no nephew. Well in the movie about Tesla with Orsen Wells as
JP Morgan, Tesla had a brother and a sister.

From

John J. O'Neill - Biography of Nikola Tesla (1944)

John J. O'Neill
Freeport, L. I.
New York
July 15, 1944

Sava N. Kosanovic, Minister of State of Yugoslavia, and
Tesla's nephew, for making available books, family records,
transcripts of records, pictures, and for correcting the
manuscript of many chapters; and to his secretary, Miss
Charlotte Muzar;

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Tesla's brother died when he was a child. There was some question as to whether Tesla had shoved him down the stairs into the basement, IIRC.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Tesla's brother died when he was a child. There was some question as to whether Tesla had shoved him down the stairs into the basement, IIRC.

Wow never heard that one. In a movie Tesla's older brother fell off a horse
so he must have been going faster than Reagan.

I felt like this after noon when I typed in Haunebu at yahoo search and
found out about a lot of false history.

It was a big page and linked to another. I am going to read some more,
this false history is better than the history channel.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've heard the horse story as well, which is probably the true one. But IIRC when Tesla got older he told someone that he had accidentally pushed his brother down the stairs. I've also heard it told that as his brother was dying he accused Tesla of shoving him down the stairs.

It's been a while since I read it but I think it's in Cheney, also it's the framework of "White City", which is an interesting short story.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If your looking for theories of Tesla's, try researching on Weber also. I recall he proved or dis-proved alot.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
And more to discuss.

TESLA WEAPON EVENT AT BELL ISLAND, CANADA, 1978

Mainland witnesses said they saw " a fireball coming out of the sky and hit the Island on a 45 degree angle" some describe it as " a silvery streak or shaft of bright light". The "Boom" was heard 100 miles away. A barrage of bizarre electrical phenomenon immediately ensued. Most of the damage was on the Bickford's property.

- Behind the barn in the woods were three mysterious holes in the ground 2 ft. deep, in a equilateral triangle formation 2 ft apart.

Links with streaks in the sky:
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

The two or three holes might be from the Belgian Triangle type aether craft.
A beam made from a circular electron current might be possible.

Sounds like a Tesla Colorado Springs event took place.

Even speculation on 911:

Posted in the interest of obtaining the truth about the massacre at the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001. Was a Tesla weapon used at Oklahoma City? Was a Tesla weapon used to weaken all of the steel inside the World Trade Towers? Would its use explain the failure of the radio sets carried by firefighters and police that day? A failure which probably contributed to the additional loss of lives amongst rescue personnel?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by quaneeri
One of the more controversial topics involving Nikola Tesla is what became of many of his technical and scientific papers after he died in 1943. Just before his death at the height of World War II, he claimed that he had perfected his so-called "death beam." So it was natural that the FBI and other U.S. Government agencies would be interested in any scientific ideas involving weaponry. Some were concerned that Tesla's papers might fall into the hands of the Axis powers or the Soviets.

I did a research paper on Tesla when I was in college, and I found out that it had been hypothesized, that Tesla's "death beam" was in fact the tower that he has built at Wardenclyffe.

It also goes on to say that the blast that happened at Tunguska, Siberia in the early 1900's was in fact a test of his creation, which someho transponded to Tunguska.

There are many other things, like the "earthquake machine", that were created, but the death beam takes the cake.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In one of the books or web sites, Tesla powered the Death Ray model
on top of the Wardenclyffe Tower, aimed it north to signal a north pole
expedition and it bounced or energized the ionosphere and caused
the Tunguska, Siberia event.

Another web site said he did not do it in Colorado Springs because
the dates were wrong.

But right for use when the tower was built.

I like the idea he did do it from the tower.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Tesla>Einstein

I believe Tesla knew of the "electric universe" theory before anyone else, and how the Sun really works. He understood more about electricity/vibration than anyone in the history of mankind.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Tesla's first coil made two inch streamers around a one foot loop
connected to the oscillating coil transformer.

He attached a metal ball one one terminal and a circular loop on
the second to have a cone streamer.

And two straight wires for a wall of streamers.

These were gadgets but imagine bigger and bigger, the whole realm of
ac hv is unknown when experimented in this way.

Electrical ideas such as a magnetic field is a loop, a circle, ends back on itself
and surrounds a wire carrying a current. Then you have a time changing
current at high voltage and streamers are going through the air.

Tesla knew things and so did others except Tesla made known quite a
few ideas and was sort of a scientific announcer.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Even today we are still trying to re-create some of the experiments of his that were left behind.

The problem is, Tesla was not bound by having the laws of electronics drilled into him, we are. We are told "this is the way it is", so it becomes very hard to get into the head of the man who started it all.

For example, most people, when trying to re-create Teslas wireless transmission towers, (for sending electricity over long distances without the use of wire), they miss one VERY vital part of his writings.
Actually they do read it. They probably read it hundreds of times... but they misunderstand what he meant.

The method hereinbefore described of transmitting electrical energy through the natural media, which consists in producing between the earth and a generator-terminal elevated above the same, at a generating-station, electrical impulses of a sufficiently-high electromotive force to render elevated air strata conducting, causing thereby current impulses to pass, by conduction, through the air strata, and collecting or receiving at a point distant from the generating-station, the energy of the current impulses by means of a circuit synchronized with the impulses.

The very end of that part of his patent holds the key.

Most read that and think along the lines of what we were taught in school about radios... they think that they have to 'tune' the coil the same way you would 'tune' a radio. It's not quite the same.

My hint is in the phrase "give a little, get alot". Think of 2 sign waves when you read that.

However, you'll be dissapointed by the outcome once you do get it working. Sure it works... but it still isnt an efficient method of transmission. Not as efficient as wires. There's an aweful lot of energy wasted.

But it sure makes for a cool sight at the camp grounds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join