It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wad's it all about? UK To Inject £100 BILLION

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Wad's it all about? UK To Inject £100 BILLION

www.thesun.co.uk

CHANCELLOR Alistair Darling’s latest rescue plan for the economy is to print fresh money.

The Treasury and the Bank of England will agree this week on a £100billion injection of cash which currently doesn’t exist. Economists call the highly risky strategy “quantitative easing”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just found these this article along with the following information:

UP TO 150 senior managers at Bradford & Bingley and Northern Rock are in line for huge bonuses — despite both banks’ nearly collapsing last year.

B&B has earmarked £1.3million for 100 staff while 50 at Northern Rock, which lost £1.4billion in 2008, are also set for rewards.

The nationalised groups said the bonuses would ensure top staff didn’t quit.

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Is this the end of the British Economy?

They will agree to inject £100 Billion this week.... At the same time the banks are using the bailout money, straight from the tax-payers pocket to pay huge ridiculous bonuses.

I could also piece together several articles dealing with the Expenses fiasco the MPs are getting away with. I.e: claiming ridiculous amounts of money from the state to re-furbish second homes and paying their own family wages.

It just dosn't make sense, a four year old could tell you that, your senile old grandmother could tell you that, you can tell yourself that.... But they still get away with it? Why!?

If anyone has the answer, please share!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's disgusting - but to be expected with how the strings are being pulled and manipulated. They know exactly what they are doing and it's not to produce the results they 'say'.

Then you read like I posted earlier on Naomi House which makes it all the worse. No-one seems to mind though, no comments even from any ATSers but hopefully that's just because it was buried.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

To be fair it's more likely because we are, as Martin Bain endearingly refers to us, in the regions.

World finances are run by the best of the best of the best. These people are the creme of their field. Any banker that could not have factored in all the variables and made sufficient forecasts would be out on their ear quicker than you can say
quantititt...
quanti-disestablishmentarianism...
quantizing...
Q.E.

Seriously, here are my possible scenarios,

i) They are stupid and my Granny and I could do a better job.

ii) They predicted the catastrophe and politicians ran around in circles, fingers in their ears shouting, "la-la-la-la-la-la-can't-hear-you."

iii) They predicted it, the politicians listened and they came up with the stupid plan.

iv) They engineered it for personal gain, then tried to blame everyone else.

T&C prevents me from presenting my solutions.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think option 4.

The government know they will be out at the next election.
They are trying to amass as much money as they can, for themselves and their friends.

I think creating more money will make things even worse, I have not read anything anywhere that explains how it will help.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I agree. With option 4 and that I have never heard of quantitive easing making things better. In fact I have only seen it make things worse, as in Zimbabwe and Argentina.

Always question, we both seem to be on the same lines lately, and I agree that the story of the hospice is terrible and I have to admit I hadn't even heard of it.

Alot of councils from the north of england had their pensions in those banks, but I havn't heard the outcome of that, everything just seemed to go quiet.

I can remember reading a thread last year about how the British Government effectively created the crisis in Iceland by stopping all transactions, I wonder if it was just part of a plan to make them more money?

I read the other day that Icelands' economy is the fastest shrinking in the world. Not long ago it was one of the richest and happiest in the world. If it can happen to them, a nation who are very sustainable and create most of their energy through renewable methods, the question surely is not can it happen to us, but when WILL it happen to us?

The UK is estimated to be the second fastest shrinking ecenomy globally.

new topics

top topics

join